Schiit Modi > Corda Jazz > LCD-2.2 - Cable Questions?
Jul 26, 2014 at 11:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

NeedMoarCans

New Head-Fier
So that's the combo, now I'm curious what people think I should
buy to connect the trifecta with?

Desktop -> Modi
Simple, short usb cable connected at the front ports of my desktop
(as the back ports seem to pick up some weird noise)
Will I see more than a 1% difference here with the average cable vs. a $200 one?

Modi -> Corda Jazz
Dual RCA to Dual RCA Cable.  Price range? Any suggestions?
I'm hoping this choice is easy.

Corda Jazz -> LCD-2
Finally, I have the amp, which uses an XLR output, to the stock cable1/4" jack of the headphones.
Since the headphone cable is already aftermarket, I wanted to know
if I could simply use a 1/4" to XLR adapter and be done with it? 
Can't find anything to suggest the SQ would suffer...

Any input appreciated.

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #3 of 3
Monoprice forreal. Get a USB cable with a ferrite core to help with power inteference and be done with it. A well made one with the right gauge wire and shielding and crap should be every bit (ha) the same as an 'audiophile' grade one. Monoprice seems to fit the bill on that. Just don't get one that's unnecessarily long - though that's true for any cable! The Monoprice Premium RCA cables seem really well made, I use them all over.

For the LCD-2's, great cans btw, you can't go from SE to balanced (4-pin XLR), only the other way around. You'll need to re-terminate to a 4-pin XLR (~$5 part + soldering) or just order a new one with that termination. You can DIY a really nice 4-5 ft. one for like $25 if you know what you're doing... don't spend money on silver cables or whatnot, save that for a better DAC or something IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back