Schiit Modi 2 upgrade to Bifrost Multibit, how much difference in quality?
Nov 23, 2015 at 8:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

oAmadeuso

100+ Head-Fier
Would I notice a large amount of difference if I upgraded from Modi 2 to the Bifrost Multibit USB?
Trying to gauge if it's worth spending £490.
If it's just a minimal improvement then i'll stick with the Modi 2 but if it's a major one then I may be tempted.

I use Foobar to play all my music which is in lossless Flac format.

Amp and headphones as per sig, connection will be USB.

Nov 23, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #2 of 7
Please post your very specific question in one of the many threads devoted exclusively to these specific products. Not only will you get better answers, you'll also be contributing to a reduction in forum clutter and "noise." 

Nov 23, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #3 of 7
Great, forum police.
If mods think my post an offense waste of server space feel free to delete it.

Nov 23, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 7
Great, forum police.
If mods think my post an offense waste of server space feel free to delete it.

No forum police, just trying to help (everyone, not just you special snowflake).

In the time you took to read and respond you could have already utilized the search function to great effect:

This thread is also a prime candidate for the dedicated Introductions, Help and Recommendations subforum if you'd like personal advice in your own thread instead of posting in the individual product thread(s).

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #5 of 7
I actually looked at those, apart from the one dead for 3 years.
And after reading hundreds of posts had the idea of making a thread in a group most likely to have experience of the Modi 2 and the new Multibit verson of the bifrost.

Clearly this was a mistake.

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #6 of 7
  Would I notice a large amount of difference if I upgraded from Modi 2 to the Bifrost Multibit USB?
Trying to gauge if it's worth spending £490.
If it's just a minimal improvement then i'll stick with the Modi 2 but if it's a major one then I may be tempted.

I use Foobar to play all my music which is in lossless Flac format.

Amp and headphones as per sig, connection will be USB.

I am in basically the same situation as you. I own the Modi 2 and drive a variety of Schiit amps with it.

I thoroughly read the first post in this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/643368/schiit-modi-and-magni-comparison-to-bifrost-and-asgard

Even though it specifically addresses the differences between the original Modi and Bifrost, I think it can be helpful in comparing DACs in general.

I eventually decided to spend the money on another set of headphones. Of course YMMV.

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #7 of 7
I am in basically the same situation as you. I own the Modi 2 and drive a variety of Schiit amps with it.

I thoroughly read the first post in this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/643368/schiit-modi-and-magni-comparison-to-bifrost-and-asgard

Even though it specifically addresses the differences between the original Modi and Bifrost, I think it can be helpful in comparing DACs in general.

I eventually decided to spend the money on another set of headphones. Of course YMMV.

Thanks, interesting first post.
I'll give the rest of the thread a read in the morning to see if the multibit version comes up.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back