Schiit Modi 2 Uber equalizer
Dec 11, 2016 at 11:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Swansboy

New Head-Fier
Hi All,

I am about to buy schiit modi 2 uber. If I connect it to my PC (windows 7) via optical out or USB, will I be able to use the windows default equalizer by realtek HD audio manager?

Thank you for your help in advance.     

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #2 of 5
By USB, no. By optical, probably. When using USB the Modi replaces all the functionality of the Realtek audio with its own, meaning you can't use the features in the Realtek HD audio manager with the Modi. The optical out is a Realtek device so the EQ should still work with it. If not you could always use EqualizerAPO which will work no matter what device you're using.

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #3 of 5
Thank you for the reply. I am quite comfortable using the realtek equalizer and like the presets so was hoping if I would still make it work. My mobo does not have an optical output so I would need to connect it via Toslink to 3.5mm cable. 

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #4 of 5
Does your motherboard specifically say that it has a combined 3.5mm/mini-TOSLINK jack? The TOSLINK to mini-TOSLINK cables don't work with regular 3.5mm stereo jacks. I have never heard of a desktop motherboard with the combo jack. As far as I know they are normally only used on laptops and portable devices, and on iMacs because Apple likes having as few jacks on their products as possible.

Dec 17, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #5 of 5
Sorry for the late reply. 

No the mobo specifications do not mention any combo jack. I guess it must be the regular 3.5mm jack. Too bad. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back