Schiit Mjolnir 3 - Impressions Thread
Feb 2, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #1,291 of 2,767
Feb 2, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #1,292 of 2,767
... and you read our posts !! šŸ¤£ ...
Yea i do, and i also noticed that there isnā€™t a single piece of Schiit gear listed in your profile, why are you here? Lol

Feb 2, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #1,293 of 2,767
Yea i do, and i also noticed that there isnā€™t a single piece of Schiit gear listed in your profile, why are you here? Lol
@jonathan c is here, and there, and everywhere!

He is a ubiquitous poster, nearly 15k strong, in many threads, and host to a seemingly neverending arsenal of gear. He certainly knows his Schiit, even if it doesn't appear in his profile.
:beerchug:

Feb 2, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #1,294 of 2,767

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #1,295 of 2,767
ā€¢ I have owned Schiit: Lyr 3 (w/ @Deyan 2x6J5 --> 6SN7 adapter), Mjolnir 2 (modded by @ksorota), Valhalla 2. These were sold to partially fund the various tube h/p/a that I currently have. Life & headphone gear go on.
ā€¢ I certainly enjoyed the Schiit gear and am always interested in what Jason & Mike have plans for. So, yes: currently, I am a Schiit alumnus. Does that bar me from being 'here'? I think not.
ā€¢ [I might add: if Schiit were to bring out an OTL tube h/p/a with high output impedance (100 - 150 ohms), I'd be all over that - for the Beyers, Senns, ZMFs of mine.]
ā€¢ EDIT: I also enjoy being 'here there everywhere' because headphonia appeals to me. More important, though, are friendships nurtured from correspondence, PMs, thread give-n-take. Someday, I might meet these people!

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #1,296 of 2,767
ā€¢ I have owned Schiit: Lyr 3 (w/ @Deyan 2x6J5 --> 6SN7 adapter), Mjolnir 2 (modded by @ksorota), Valhalla 2. These were sold to partially fund the various tube h/p/a that I have. Life & headphone gear go on.
ā€¢ I certainly enjoyed the Schiit gear and am always interested in what Jason & Mike have plans for. So, yes: currently, I am a Schiit alumnus. Does that bar me from being 'here'? I think not.
ā€¢ [I might add: if Schiit were to bring out an OTL tube h/p/a with high output impedance (100 - 150 ohms), I'd be all over that - for the Beyers, Senns, ZMFs of mine.]
ā€¢ EDIT: I also enjoy being 'here there everywhere' because headphonia appeals to me. More important, though, are friendships nurtured from correspondence, PMs, thread give-n-take. Someday, I might meet these people!
Well given that you have almost 15k posts in this forum, if you where just a troll or something like that, you would have been banned a long time ago, I guess.

Feb 2, 2024 at 8:17 PM Post #1,297 of 2,767
ā€¢ I have owned Schiit: Lyr 3 (w/ @Deyan 2x6J5 --> 6SN7 adapter), Mjolnir 2 (modded by @ksorota), Valhalla 2. These were sold to partially fund the various tube h/p/a that I currently have. Life & headphone gear go on.
You just touched on the biggest joy for me in the hobby, ā€œmeeting these peopleā€. Seattle area meets 2014 -2020 where we would get 10 - 20 rigs set up, components listened to, shared, loaned, etc. We usually even had our Spring meet at Bottlehead, great people!

Hereā€™s a couple pics, one at the Frye Museum and one at Bottlehead.

Attachments

• IMG_0359.jpeg
    IMG_0359.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1324.jpeg
    IMG_1324.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Feb 2, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #1,298 of 2,767
Yeah Iā€™m not sure I care. I have to concentrate now to tell the difference between the Asgard 3 w/ MB module compared to MJ3 and Bifrost.

To make the next leap Iā€™m guessing Iā€™d need $2-3k headphones and a Schiit EQ. Likely a new DAC. Iā€™m probably not going there for casual listening while I work. But weā€™ll see, Iā€™m not in a rush to sell the MJ3.
I find it's easier to fully experience my gear when I relax. Try not to think about it. In the middle of a song, you'll be like, oh, that is different! Maybe it's just the moment, but it's nice having an amp I can credit.

Feb 3, 2024 at 8:01 AM Post #1,299 of 2,767
Has anyone noticed a difference in sound quality using XLR vs RCA inputs? I understand the gain is different, so I'm not referring to that.

Feb 3, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #1,300 of 2,767
Has anyone noticed a difference in sound quality using XLR vs RCA inputs? I understand the gain is different, so I'm not referring to that.
I do notice RCA input makes the sound a slight bit more muffled compared to the XLR.

Feb 5, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #1,304 of 2,767
You just touched on the biggest joy for me in the hobby, ā€œmeeting these peopleā€. Seattle area meets 2014 -2020 where we would get 10 - 20 rigs set up, components listened to, shared, loaned, etc. We usually even had our Spring meet at Bottlehead, great people!

Hereā€™s a couple pics, one at the Frye Museum and one at Bottlehead.
Oh please let me know if a meet at Bottlehead (or anywhere else in Seattle) happens again! I'm a relatively recent Seattle transplant, and have always wanted to play with some bottlehead gear. Love my Crack + Speedball. Would love a chance to hear the Mjolnir 3 too.

Feb 5, 2024 at 8:24 PM Post #1,305 of 2,767
If anyone Is interested i've post my impression of the Holo Audio Cyan 2 on the Cyan thread paired with the Mjolnir 3 and the He1000 Stealth
Absolutely, please do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back