Schiit Mjolnir 3 - Impressions Thread
Jan 25, 2024 at 7:21 PM Post #1,261 of 2,798
Day 59 of the hostage situation for me... I'm anxious... very anxious (order still says "in production")
How do you view order your status?

Jan 25, 2024 at 7:22 PM Post #1,262 of 2,798
Day 59 of the hostage situation for me... I'm anxious... very anxious (order still says "in production")
61flbQkpNCL.jpg

Jan 25, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #1,265 of 2,798
Jan 25, 2024 at 11:25 PM Post #1,266 of 2,798
It’s been said that there is no gap between the Pontus 2 and Bifrost 2/64, different strengths and weaknesses yea, but same level of performance all in all. I think the gap your hearing is solely due to the MJ3.
I don't have the BF2/64, so I can't comment on that model. I have the BF2 OG and have done testing like Arya V2/MJ3/BF2 OG vs Arya V2/MJ3/Pontus2 and the Pontus2 is the more accomplished dac in every aspect and by a good margin. I also tested the amps separately as well like Arya V2/Pontus2/MJ3 vs Arya V2/Pontus2/Jot2 and result is MJ3 is the more accomplished amp by a good margin too. I find each piece of the chain is equally important and plays its best when each piece (amp, dac,and headphones) are in parity. As always, YMMV.

Not to knock on the BF2 OG or Jot2 or anything as I still have them in my second system. They are great value products.

Jan 27, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #1,267 of 2,798
Jan 31, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #1,268 of 2,798
I really hope this amp is worth the wait and confusion, Schiit said they’re “shipping now” a full week ago.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #1,270 of 2,798
I really hope this amp is worth the wait and confusion, Schiit said they’re “shipping now” a full week ago.
I strongly believe you'll be very happy with it, possibly even exceeding your great expectations. I've had mine for 3 months now and it just gets better and better. I can't see anything else taking its place in my home office, especially at this price point or even double its price. Your patience will be rewarded - hopefully soon.

Jan 31, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #1,271 of 2,798
I strongly believe you'll be very happy with it, possibly even exceeding your great expectations. I've had mine for 3 months now and it just gets better and better. I can't see anything else taking its place in my home office, especially at this price point or even double its price. Your patience will be rewarded - hopefully soon.
Fully agreed. I know it sucks to wait multiple months on something you really want, but this amp could potentially be the last headphone amp you ever buy; I know that I have stopped looking at other amps now that I’ve had the MJ3 for the last couple of months. A few months of waiting on a luxury item that you’ll potentially keep for decades isn’t that big of a deal… especially if you already have a headphone amp to keep you listening in the meantime. But still, it does suck and I’m sorry for everyone that has been waiting as long as y’all have. It’s worth the wait though.

Jan 31, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #1,272 of 2,798
Hold fast, y’all. The Mjolnir 3 is worth it in my opinion especially if you’re new to high-end, class A amps like me. Just be prepared to have any flaws in your chain revealed or made more stark to you after dropping it into your rig.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #1,273 of 2,798
Fully agreed. I know it sucks to wait multiple months on something you really want, but this amp could potentially be the last headphone amp you ever buy; I know that I have stopped looking at other amps now that I’ve had the MJ3 for the last couple of months. A few months of waiting on a luxury item that you’ll potentially keep for decades isn’t that big of a deal… especially if you already have a headphone amp to keep you listening in the meantime. But still, it does suck and I’m sorry for everyone that has been waiting as long as y’all have. It’s worth the wait though.
Similar woes, but probably more pronounce, compare with people trying to get a pair of ModHouse Tungsten headphones

Jan 31, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #1,274 of 2,798
Fully agreed. I know it sucks to wait multiple months on something you really want, but this amp could potentially be the last headphone amp you ever buy; I know that I have stopped looking at other amps now that I’ve had the MJ3 for the last couple of months.
It sucks to wait so long but i agree with Hotdoggn, After a year and half of buying and selling amps and trying stuff, at least for me, i'm finally settled with the Mjolnir 3 It's a keeper and for the First time i feel that i don't miss anything. In One or two days i'll receive the Cyan 2 Will take some days to try It and i will comeback with my impressions with the Mjolnir 3 and the He1000 Stealth. I'm really curios to how they will pair.

Jan 31, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #1,275 of 2,798
Anyone else's MJ3 from the first run have a gain switch go a little wonky? When flipping to high gain the right channel bumps immediately but left stays in low gain. Have to slightly wiggle the switch for the left channel to jump. While it's a minor inconvenience that I don't believe is worth paying shipping both ways to repair, it does annoy me slightly. Have only had it about 5 months now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back