Schiit Mjolnir 3 - Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #1,096 of 2,961
It’s very odd that currawong is the only reviewer with a YouTube review of the MJ3, it’s also very coincidental that he paid for his himself, the MJ is clearly a hot topic, what’s going on? Is schiit being stingy? Or are reviewers only reviewing products that have been secretly gifted to them in exchange for positive reviews? I can only wonder
It’s no secret that reviewers sometimes get free product. Also that people in the industry can get “accommodation pricing”. When I was in retail, it was 50%. On high demand products, I’ve seen Schiit take the approach of taking care of their real customers first, an admirable business practice.

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #1,097 of 2,961
Because the demand is too high. I am still waiting and I ordered last month.
There was supposed to only be 250 of these but then the demand got too much so they did another 250.
Long story short, the hype is too high and the availability is too low. The people who got theirs loved it but many of those are not YouTube reviewers.
Agree... demand may be too high. I ordered it October 6th and received it October 13th (fortunately). I ordered the MJ3 to evaluate it myself rather than waiting for reviewers to comment on it. I used LCD-5, HE1000SE, and Focal Clear... smoothest SS amp I have heard to date (need to let it warm up for AT LEAST 2 hours for optimal sounding IMO)...

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #1,098 of 2,961
Agree... demand may be too high. I ordered it October 6th and received it October 13th (fortunately). I ordered the MJ3 to evaluate it myself rather than waiting for reviewers to comment on it. I used LCD-5, HE1000SE, and Focal Clear... smoothest SS amp I have heard to date (need to let it warm up for AT LEAST 2 hours for optimal sounding IMO)...
I’ve noticed the MJ3 definitely sounds better after 20-30 minutes of warm-up, but I haven’t personally noticed too much change after that. To be fair, this might be because I’m already well into a listening session at the 2-hour mark and have already stopped critically listening for improvements.

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #1,099 of 2,961
Two hours? Yikes.

I hope their shipment goes out tomorrow as scheduled. I can hardly wait.

Jan 14, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #1,100 of 2,961
I’ve noticed the MJ3 definitely sounds better after 20-30 minutes of warm-up, but I haven’t personally noticed too much change after that. To be fair, this might be because I’m already well into a listening session at the 2-hour mark and have already stopped critically listening for improvements.
I think you should compare the MJ3 after 30 mins of warm up and after 3-4 hours (listening to tracks you are very familiar with) to determine the sonic difference (if any) yourself... I found the MJ3 to be smoother and more effortless in general when it is very very warm to the touch (5-6 hours into listening session). The difference is very noticable with my LCD-5...

Jan 14, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #1,102 of 2,961
Soon people will preheat it in the oven :wink:
Jokes aside, seems like a super amp. Looking forward to more comparisons like the upcoming battle agains the V222.
Me too.

Jan 14, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #1,103 of 2,961
Two hours? Yikes.

I hope their shipment goes out tomorrow as scheduled. I can hardly wait.
On the Schiit website it says they're shipping est. Jan 31st now. I've got one on order too, but I guess we need to be patient.

Jan 14, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #1,104 of 2,961
I too hope mine ships tomorrow as Schiit predicted (not promised, a distinction I am keeping in mind as I patiently wait).

In a side note, Echo Audio in Portland down the street from me listed a used MJ3 for $845 just over a week ago, but it was snatched up immediately before I noticed it on their website. I could have walked over and carried it home! Or even just did a quick in-store demo! damn!

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #1,106 of 2,961
On the Schiit website it says they're shipping est. Jan 31st now. I've got one on order too, but I guess we need to be patient.
Uuuughghhhhhh!!?!!!!?!?!?

******g hell.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #1,108 of 2,961
For those who have had both, if you’re looking to add something with color or a different sound vs a typical neutral solid state amp, would you go MJ3 or a tube amp?

I have a Schiit Midgard now which I love, and I picked up an original Piety to see what that was all about, but I’m not positive I can hear a huge difference vs the Midgard, but it’s hard to do a real AB test.

I’ve been wanting to get a tube amp to try something different out, but I’ve also been curious about the MJ3 since it offered SE no-global-feedback mode which would be like a tube amp.

For those who have both, does the MJ3 sound noticeably different from the Midgard? Does it sound like a tube amp or do the things that tube amps can do well?

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #1,109 of 2,961
MJ3 sound is far from a tube amp. MJ3 is a high end solid state amp through and through. Yes you will hear very noticeable differences with MJ3 against Midgard if your headphones are transparent enough

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #1,110 of 2,961
For those who have had both, if you’re looking to add something with color or a different sound vs a typical neutral solid state amp, would you go MJ3 or a tube amp?

I have a Schiit Midgard now which I love, and I picked up an original Piety to see what that was all about, but I’m not positive I can hear a huge difference vs the Midgard, but it’s hard to do a real AB test.

I’ve been wanting to get a tube amp to try something different out, but I’ve also been curious about the MJ3 since it offered SE no-global-feedback mode which would be like a tube amp.

For those who have both, does the MJ3 sound noticeably different from the Midgard? Does it sound like a tube amp or do the things that tube amps can do well?

I preferred the MJ3 to my MHA200. Just that extra life and vibrance in the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back