Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Woo Audio WA6 SE
Jan 24, 2016 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

EinZweiDrei

500+ Head-Fier
between these two amps of similar range and ability to drive just about any headphone, how do they differ in sound?
and for what reason one would choose wa6se or mjolnir 2.

Jan 26, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #3 of 13
  no suggestions?

As no one else is throwing you a bone... I started my decision process with a determination that I wanted a tube amp with point to point wiring, North American made, and exposed tubes, with a retro appearance. Good sounding was essential and the ability to tube roll for variety was also a serious consideration. These desires pointed me in the direction of Woo Audio. I deliberated over the WA6SE or WA6 as an entry point. I chose the WA6 as it seemed to be better for tube rolling and any tubes collected might be good for a future upgrade to a WA22 or WA5LE. I have since added a WA22 so that decision proved beneficial. I have auditioned Schiit amps but not heavily enough to give you good comment. Assuming either meets your tastes for sound you might focus on your other desires/needs. What inputs and outputs you need/want, do you want to fuss endlessly on tubes, or just a little/not at all? How will your choice function with other components in your setup/or future planned acquisitions? A basic pro/con list scenario. You appear to have been at this hobby for some time so you probably have some fairly solid ideas...

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #4 of 13
I do plan to roll tubes but more importantly the sound. Which sound best at the best tubes they can roll and with a proper setup. If they are about the same and it all comes down to preference, i would choose schiit based on reliability. Unless theres a good detailed comparison even in stock form, i'll jump on the one that suits my taste after considering other factors though. Schiit has 5 years warranty on their products. I don't know about woo audio though.

Jan 27, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #5 of 13
I do plan to roll tubes but more importantly the sound. Which sound best at the best tubes they can roll and with a proper setup. If they are about the same and it all comes down to preference, i would choose schiit based on reliability. Unless theres a good detailed comparison even in stock form, i'll jump on the one that suits my taste after considering other factors though. Schiit has 5 years warranty on their products. I don't know about woo audio though.

I may be out of line, but if you want to roll tubes, go to the Feliks Elise thread.
I'm not kidding! No frickin comparison! Not even close.

Jan 27, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #7 of 13
I may be out of line, but if you want to roll tubes, go to the Feliks Elise thread.
I'm not kidding! No frickin comparison! Not even close.

wow, this seems very interesting.
do you ahev any idea how it compare to mjulnir 2 or wa2?

Jan 27, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #8 of 13
elise is an otl. i need something that can drive both planars and dynamic.

out of curiosity how does elise compare to wa2 or wa6se?

The Elise drives them planars easily.
Read the thread.
As far as I'm concerned it's the best money spent. I don't even listen to my Liquid Carbon.The Elise kills it.

Jan 27, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #9 of 13
wow, this seems very interesting.
do you ahev any idea how it compare to mjulnir 2 or wa2?

Read the thread guys. It's not BS. This amp is the real deal.

Jan 27, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #10 of 13

The Elise drives them planars easily.
Read the thread.
As far as I'm concerned it's the best money spent. I don't even listen to my Liquid Carbon.The Elise kills it.

Really? the elise kills the liquid carbon? hard to believe. thanks for the head up, it seems to be exactly what im looking for as I need a preamp along a headphone amp so my choice is mjolnir2, woo 2 or elise.
thanks

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #11 of 13
it's easy to find detail comparisons on entry and mid tier amps but anything above a certain bracket is hard to find any info on.
so between elise, mjolnir 2, wa2 and wa6se. which is the one to get.

Jan 27, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #12 of 13
  it's easy to find detail comparisons on entry and mid tier amps but anything above a certain bracket is hard to find any info on.
so between elise, mjolnir 2, wa2 and wa6se. which is the one to get.

Ive read a couple of time in the Mjolnir 2 thread that some replaced their Wa6 for the Mjolnir 2
I however have not seen comparison between Mjolnir2 and Elise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back