Schiit Magni Cuts Out
Nov 5, 2015 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jamie1510

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, this is my first post on head-fi. 

I'm having a problem with my schiit magni 2 and I can't figure out what to do about it. I recieved the schiit magni 2 and modi 2 uber combo about two weeks ago. For the first few days the set-up worked perfectly. Then on the fourth day the wall wart to the magni failed. I e-mailed schiit about it and then sent me another right away. That wall wart was dead on arrival however so I asked them to send me another one. Today I get the new wall wart in the mail and I plug it in. The magni turns on now but after about 2 minutes there begins to be distortion in the right channel of my headphones. 30 seconds after this the sound completely cuts out. This happens across all soucres on the modi and also when I plug a different source into the magni. Another problem I'm having is that sometimes the click that happens 5-10 seconds will go off and other times it won't. When this happens no sound comes out of the magni at all. 

So far I have gone through all of schiit's troubleshooting guide including changing all the wires to see if any of them failed and removing it from anything that can cause interference. I would really like help with this problem. Thanks it advance.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back