Schiit Loki Max Impressions
Jan 12, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #212 of 262
Loki Max question - when in the chain, does it need to be powered on all the time? Or only turned on when you want to use EQ? I ask, because I only really generally find myself wanting EQ 30% or so of the time. And I often have music going 8-10 hrs a day. I'd be just as glad to not waste the extra power and put the extra wear and tear on it if I can avoid it. I assume the signal will pass through the same whether the Loki Max is powered on or off?

Jan 12, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #213 of 262
Loki Max question - when in the chain, does it need to be powered on all the time? Or only turned on when you want to use EQ? I ask, because I only really generally find myself wanting EQ 30% or so of the time. And I often have music going 8-10 hrs a day. I'd be just as glad to not waste the extra power and put the extra wear and tear on it if I can avoid it. I assume the signal will pass through the same whether the Loki Max is powered on or off?
Unfortunately, you have to have the Loki on for audio to pass through. I have a yggy, so I can use the RCA jacks and bypass loki if need. No

Jan 12, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #214 of 262
You don’t have to power it up unless you need it. I’m like you in that I don’t need it most of the time. But if you need it you need it.

May 23, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #218 of 262
Hmmm…cannot resist the temptation to buy this product and compare it to my Charter Oak PEQ1

May 23, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #220 of 262
May 24, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #221 of 262
I think i read earlier there is a 15 day return policy/trial period, yes? I doubt it will be as good as my piece, but you never know, and curiosity will get the best of me. I get a kick out of playing with EQ’s. And finally after a lot of practice, consider myself pretty good at critical listening. I LOVE my CO PEQ1 and could never live without it. We’ll see how this Loki stacks up!

May 24, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #222 of 262
I think i read earlier there is a 15 day return policy/trial period, yes? I doubt it will be as good as my piece, but you never know, and curiosity will get the best of me. I get a kick out of playing with EQ’s. And finally after a lot of practice, consider myself pretty good at critical listening. I LOVE my CO PEQ1 and could never live without it. We’ll see how this Loki stacks up!
The Cello Palette is a legendary, legacy piece. Saw that mentioned earlier. I would love to compare all these devices to it. If only…

May 24, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #223 of 262

Users who are viewing this thread

Back