Schiit Loki Max Impressions
Sep 30, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #166 of 265
Hey guys,

Somehow I ended up with renewed interest in a Loki Max.
Does Schiit also offer black knobs on the Device?

Schiit-Europe is unfortunately out of stock anyways right now...

Haven't read the thread so far, are long term users still happy with the Device?
I'm checking schiit EU for many months now awaiting stock esp. Loki Max... nothing.

Sep 30, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #167 of 265
I'm checking schiit EU for many months now awaiting stock esp. Loki Max... nothing.
I also subscribed to be informed when it's back in stock.
Sad times...

Sep 30, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #168 of 265
The Schiit website is indicating "ships 1 - 3 days". What am I missing?

Edit: Never mind, I answered my own question...the backlog is for the European version/ website....

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #169 of 265
The Schiit website is indicating "ships 1 - 3 days". What am I missing?
Schiit-europe is out of stock. Schiit in the US probably has stock ready

Sep 30, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #170 of 265
Schiit-europe is out of stock. Schiit in the US probably has stock ready
Yeah I realize that my bad. Still, doesn't make sense (to me). On the U.S. website the purchaser is able to specify the plug type, and the voltage ( and European is an option). So presumably, someone in Europe could purchase from the U.S. website, true?

Sep 30, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #171 of 265
Yeah I realize that my bad. Still, doesn't make sense (to me). On the U.S. website the purchaser is able to specify the plug type, and the voltage ( and European is an option). So presumably, someone in Europe could purchase from the U.S. website, true?
True but then the Person has to pa Import tax and increased shipping costs on top.

Sep 30, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #172 of 265
True but then the Person has to pa Import tax and increased shipping costs on top.
Great point. I appreciate the education in this regard. Thank you. I'll assume those extra costs (no idea what they are) make it worthwhile to wait.

Oct 5, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #174 of 265
Not to forget warranty... shipping to the US for repair is not an option! So we wait...
AND

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #175 of 265
Oct 5, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #176 of 265
Oct 5, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #177 of 265
+150€ if my memory Serves me right
It certainly increased in price
Yeah could also have been 1699,-

Plus decent cables one has to calculate...
Since I've never used a PC as source I have no experience with EQ, but it's tempting.

Oct 20, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #178 of 265
Regarding the Loki Max, I just got one and need help on presets. I am trying to store #2. I think I'm reading the manual right, but I'm not sure. I select 2, change the settings, then hold down Favorites (star key) for five seconds. But instead of storing the new settings, the unit puts the old ones into effect. How is this supposed to work?

Help will be much appreciated!

I think the UI would be greatly improved with a button -- separate from the presets -- that just resets everything to flat. Better lines on the knobs (I'll be using tape) and frequency markings on the remote also would be improvements.

Oct 20, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #180 of 265
It may have a bug and be flawed. I went through 2 Loki Max units and they were both not working correctly. Same thing with my first Freya +. The buttons and lights on the front panel were not performing correctly. Back to Schiit they all went. Good luck.
Thanks. I have an email into Schiit. Based on my issue, your report, the snarky but unclear manual, and the knobs' not all being at center in Preset 1, I am left with a bad impression of Schiit's quality control. I should say, though, that my initial impression of the Loki Max is that it's transparent and the EQ is good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back