Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Feb 8, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #2,686 of 2,957
I heard from other forum, Questyle CMA Twelve may not be able to drive he6se very well. But I've never owned CMA twelve, do you feel it is a little bit under power for HE6se?
I own many headphone amplifiers. My Questyle CMA Twelve drives my HiFiMan HE6se V2 EXCEEDINGLY well, and it is in no way under powered. Some will calculate, speculate and misinform. Real life listening and comparing has revealed which headphone amplifiers can actually drive HiFiMan HE6se V2 to amazing performance.

As stated earlier, my top three amplifiers that drive the HiFiMan HE6se V2 equally well in no particular order;
Questyle CMA Twelve
Headamp GSX-Mini
Rebel Audio RebelAmp
The Questyle CMA Twelve is the amp I would suggest out of the three as it will drive most every headphone to their optimal performance level equal to or better compared to the GSX-Mini and the RebelAmp. However, the RebelAmp is an ideal choice for those that have a smaller budget and will only use it to drive certain headphones that synergize well when paired with it.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #2,687 of 2,957
anyone have any opinions on Jot2 vs SA-1? I'm considering both amps now and wondering if the SA-1 is worth the extra price.

Feb 20, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #2,688 of 2,957
anyone have any opinions on Jot2 vs SA-1? I'm considering both amps now and wondering if the SA-1 is worth the extra price.
I’ve had both. For me it depends. Overall I probably prefer the jot2 it’s punchier and more dynamic with a more full low end. More fun. The sa-1 has a wider stage, and maybe a bit more detail. The jot2 still has a decent sized stage, and images well. I get some 3d imersiveness. The jot2 feels like the more powerful amp, though I’ve never tried the jumper mod on the Sa-1. I’ve been using iems more frequently and the noise floor is low enough for the jot2 in balanced, but the Sa-1 has a more black background. The Sa-1 also has a softness/smoothness that the jot2 lacks. they’re more complimentary

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #2,689 of 2,957
I own both the Schiit Jotunheim 2 and the Singxer SA-1. The Jotunheim 2 is a superior performer over the SA-1. I too have not done the jumper modification. One thing that the SA-1 has over the Jotunheim 2 is that the SA-1 produces less heat thereby allowing one to stack gear above and below without issue. For the money, Jotunheim 2 is the winner. Ignoring the price tag, Jotunheim 2 is still the winner.

Mar 5, 2023 at 4:17 AM Post #2,690 of 2,957
Hey all,
I have a Schiit Jotunheim2 with multi-Dac and for some reason there's no sound coming out of it I turned it off at night working fine,
And in the morning I turned it on three LED's (Orange) turned on inside but no sound, It's used as preamp for my speakers Edifier Pro3000's or Headphones any ideas?

Mar 5, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #2,691 of 2,957
Hey all,
I have a Schiit Jotunheim2 with multi-Dac and for some reason there's no sound coming out of it I turned it off at night working fine,
And in the morning I turned it on three LED's (Orange) turned on inside but no sound, It's used as preamp for my speakers Edifier Pro3000's or Headphones any ideas?
Check if your computer settings are correct. Perhaps the MultiDAC has lost it's place as default soundcard. If you can't determine this, troubleshoot .
To troubleshoot:
1. power off
2. turn volume all the way down
3. connect 3.5 to RCA cable from phone/ipod to back red and white RCA labeled "SE IN"
4. play music from phone and turn volume up to nine o'clock position.
If you hear sound the problem may lie within your internal MultiDAC card OR your computer settings.
Next, troubleshoot DAC and computer.
Try Jotunheim 2/DAC on another PC using another USB cable. If it works on another PC, then it IS likely your computer or USB cable.

Mar 6, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #2,692 of 2,957
Hey all,
Be sure to go through all the basics. My Jot 2/Lokius/BF2 lost the left channel the other day. Checked with another set of headphones and another DAC/amp and no problems. Turning off all power and unplugging all cables and plugging them in fixed it. The setup has been powered up for months. Good luck!

Mar 7, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #2,694 of 2,957
Wondering if anyone else has had power supply issues with their Jot2's? Woke up this morning to an awful burning electronic smell throughout my house. Turns out to be my three-month-old Jotunheim 2. No power led lights or orange leds and the case was very hot on the side where the AC plug is so I am assuming it's the power supply. The Jot2 is plugged into a surge protector and my Bifrost 2/64 and Wiim Mini are plugged into the same surge protector and have had no issues.

I do (did?) leave the Jot 2 powered on 24/7 but should I be turning it off even though Schiit says it is okay to leave it powered on all the time?

Waiting to hear back from info@schiit.com but does anyone know if Schiit sends back a new unit, refurbed unit, or repairs the unit?

The smell from the burned-out Jot2 is pretty awful.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #2,695 of 2,957
Wondering if anyone else has had power supply issues with their Jot2's? Woke up this morning to an awful burning electronic smell throughout my house. Turns out to be my three-month-old Jotunheim 2. No power led lights or orange leds and the case was very hot on the side where the AC plug is so I am assuming it's the power supply. The Jot2 is plugged into a surge protector and my Bifrost 2/64 and Wiim Mini are plugged into the same surge protector and have had no issues.

I do (did?) leave the Jot 2 powered on 24/7 but should I be turning it off even though Schiit says it is okay to leave it powered on all the time?

Waiting to hear back from info@schiit.com but does anyone know if Schiit sends back a new unit, refurbed unit, or repairs the unit?

Pretty scary.

Mar 7, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #2,696 of 2,957

Sorry to hear. My take is I don't leave any equipment of the power amp or head amp variety on 24/7 unless there is a built-in safety standby feature. For DACs, I leave them on 24/7.

Mar 7, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #2,697 of 2,957

Sorry to hear that. Despite what it says in the manuals, I always turn off my Jot 2 at the end of the night. I also have it plugged into a smart plug that turns off at 1 AM every night in case I forget. After hearing your experience, I find all the more reason to do so.

Mar 7, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #2,698 of 2,957

Yah that sucks. I leave my Jot 2 on 24/7 with volume all the way down when not in use. I have been using the Jot 2 now for about a year or so. So far no issues, love the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back