Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Mar 1, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #1,006 of 2,952
Anyone have any idea on speakers to pair up with the Jot 2? Or maybe just the Modius? Desktop speakers. Need something for my computer setup. I assume powered bookshelf speakers, but have no idea where to start. Nothing too fancy.
What price range are you looking at? I have a pair of Klipsch R-41pm's that are 35 wpc and come with a remote, phono input, line level input, optical & usb inputs as well as a subwoofer output & RCA inputs. They sound great and get plenty loud and not too big as to be able to fit on your desk. I am a fan of Klipsch and their horn speakers and they are currently on sale for $275 on Best Buy's web site.

Mar 1, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #1,007 of 2,952
Anyone have any idea on speakers to pair up with the Jot 2? Or maybe just the Modius? Desktop speakers. Need something for my computer setup. I assume powered bookshelf speakers, but have no idea where to start. Nothing too fancy.
Yamaha HS5 or Adam Audio T5V is a good start. They really make excellent speakers in the $200 range for a single unit.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #1,008 of 2,952
What price range are you looking at? I have a pair of Klipsch R-41pm's that are 35 wpc and come with a remote, phono input, line level input, optical & usb inputs as well as a subwoofer output & RCA inputs. They sound great and get plenty loud and not too big as to be able to fit on your desk. I am a fan of Klipsch and their horn speakers and they are currently on sale for $275 on Best Buy's web site.
I haven't decided on price. Probably not so expensive. I need to get into speakers first. I don't need something that serious. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #1,009 of 2,952
I haven't decided on price. Probably not so expensive. I need to get into speakers first. I don't need something that serious. Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Well, . . . since you're going to have them on your desktop (i.e., assuming 2-3 feet from your listening position), I'd definitely recommend purchasing some larger non-powered speakers and a pair of mono block Schiit Aegir amps. Sweeten the deal with some really expensive braided speaker cables and a set of high-end XLRs and you'll be set!! :smile: . . . In all seriousness, here's a decent recommendation from Mr. Guttenberg ($200/pair):

Mar 1, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #1,011 of 2,952
Emotiva has several AirMotiv models that are very affordable, and AudioEngine is another brand that is often recommended in this segment. I'm sure there are others, I quit looking when I got some AirMotivs X years ago. Obviously the upper-end for desktop/nearfield-monitors can go as high as you're willing to spend. I don't do critical listening on speakers, so modest worked for me. The Jot2 will let you connect the powered speakers with XLR connectors, which is a plus.

Mar 1, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #1,012 of 2,952
Take a look at the desktop ones from Edifier. Their actives start at $99 and are decent.

Mar 2, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #1,014 of 2,952
Mar 2, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #1,015 of 2,952
Actually, so I've been debating the Asgard but am settling on the Jotenheim 2 for future proofing and more power. I was thinking of getting the multibit installed. I have a topping e30 that I pair with a darkvoice which has the same chip as the modius - so wasn't wanting to duplicate that and was thinking of trying a multibit.

Is the multibit not a sensible choice, dipping the toe in that kind of sound? Maybe taming the brightness a bit that I've read about of this amp?

Of course, in true gear person style - I've been debating just going all out and getting the bifrost 2.

Is there any issue with quality control with these? These are awfully new and I've early adopted a few things in my life (prophet 5 most recently) that turned out to be complicated

Mar 2, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #1,016 of 2,952
Actually, so I've been debating the Asgard but am settling on the Jotenheim 2 for future proofing and more power. I was thinking of getting the multibit installed. I have a topping e30 that I pair with a darkvoice which has the same chip as the modius - so wasn't wanting to duplicate that and was thinking of trying a multibit.

Is the multibit not a sensible choice, dipping the toe in that kind of sound? Maybe taming the brightness a bit that I've read about of this amp?

Of course, in true gear person style - I've been debating just going all out and getting the bifrost 2.

Is there any issue with quality control with these? These are awfully new and I've early adopted a few things in my life (prophet 5 most recently) that turned out to be complicated
C`mon man, you live in Florida! Mine had no issues whatsoever and Schiit support is, from my experience, top notch. Also, either keep E30 or get Bitfrost 2, internal card is a waste.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #1,018 of 2,952

When I had the Jot1 (have the Jot2 now) I ordered with the multibit card. Compared to stand alone dacs (especially BF2) I would say you could do better by purchasing a stand alone. I've read comments here and there that seem to agree with me. YMMV

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back