Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #332 of 2,952
How do you like the pairing of the Jot 2 with the Aeolus? The Liquid Platinum is my favorite amp for the Aeolus, but I'm curious to hear your feedback about the synergy of the Aeolus with the Jot 2.

I also have the LP, just got some tubes in so I'll do more of a comparison this weekend. Have listened to nothing but Jot 2 for a month almost. I feel nothing is lacking. Jot 2 is not an overly SS sounding amp thankfully. I have no complaints but can't offer much else in comparison yet.

Jan 14, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #333 of 2,952
So from most of the posts I have been seeing here, it doesn’t seem like getting the DAC module with the Jot 2 is common. I ordered mine with the 4490 card because I liked the idea of having one device.

Just wondering if anyone have any feedback about getting the card. Mine has not shipped yet. Is it that much better to go with an external dac to connect to?
I had the 4490 card in my original Jotunheim when I had it. It sounded fine from what I recall, but I was more of an audio noob back then as well. If your not concerned with additional inputs and being overly critical of the sound quality then I say why not? You will still be able to add a higher quality external Dac at a later time anyway.

Jan 14, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #334 of 2,952
I think having one box is really good, I actually prefer just one box. Simple and minimal. I am no expert but according to some people having an internal dac card isnt as good as having a dedicated DAC. Per Z review and Amirm from ASR. I am not an expert at all, I just have a passion for data and analysis. If you are similar, you should check out Amirm's reviews in ASR.
We hear on Headfi Love good sounding equipment, not blips on test equipment :ksc75smile: . Amir's review is, it is good if the measured distortion is low enouigh for him. That's it. He doesn't actually listen to anything. Don't even get me started on Z reviews, you could watch an entire video over there and come away and have no idea what the equipment even sounds like. He is a masterclass of misdirection in the amount of tangents he goes on IMHO. You will learn more here on the forums than his channel for sure.:deadhorse:<---------------Z Reviews. LOL.

Jan 14, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #335 of 2,952
I feel you man, I am going to wait another 2 days if I don't see anything I am going to cancel and get a Topping stack instead from Apos Audio.... I ordered from them previously before and they manage to get the order in 4 days (delivered to me ) in total during Christmas from China. Insane speed,
I understand your frustration man, but Schitt is a great company with many good people working there. You can be assured that you WILL get your stuff and be assured by their warranty on their products and they are made here in the good 'ol USA. Take it from someone who just sold their A90/D90 stack and kept his Jot 2/Bifrost 2 stack that IT IS worth the wait. Anytime a new product gets released, there is high demand and sometimes things happen with finding bad parts etc after it gets sent to manufacturing. Stuff happens, be patient and you will be rewarded! :L3000: :ksc75smile: P.S. the Schitt stack is cheaper too!

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #336 of 2,952
Anyone able to compare the Jot 2 to the Lyr 3 in terms of bass quality?
Jotunheim 2 is superior to the LYR 3. I had the Lyr 3 with the 6N8S stock tube which I enjoyed. It had an overall laid back presentation. The Tung Sol tube Schitt sells was less enjoyable for me. It's been a little while but I don't remember the bass as being a standout trait of the LYR 3.

Jan 14, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #337 of 2,952
Jotunheim 2 is superior to the LYR 3. I had the Lyr 3 with the 6N8S stock tube which I enjoyed. It had an overall laid back presentation. The Tung Sol tube Schitt sells was less enjoyable for me. It's been a little while but I don't remember the bass as being a standout trait of the LYR 3.
Lyr 3 is a great amp but I might have to agree. I still need to hook up the Lyr 3 again and sell the old Jot 1.

Jan 15, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #339 of 2,952
Does anyone knows why the J2 is not available on schiit Europe? I live in Germany

They are months behind when new products launch.
I always buy from the US and when adding shipping, VAT and import it costs about the same, maybe a little more.
I think it will be a bit cheaper for Germany.

Jan 15, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #343 of 2,952
I've never received Schiit spam despite being on that list for many years.

Side note - Jot 2 received yesterday. Early impression - it's really good. Reminds me of the Liquid Platinum a little - fast, clean, clear, but with better bass extension and impact.
And less muddy!

Jan 15, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #344 of 2,952
Ordered my Jot 2 on 12/29 and it just shipped. Really excited to try it out.

On another note, to those who use Paypal to buy your Schiit, have you ever had an issue where you're charged for your order immediately after authorizing payment, but then get charged again the day it ships? I know you're supposed to be charged once, only at the moment of shipping, but all of the orders I've made have charged me immediately, but twice it's actually resulted in a duplicate charge.

Jan 15, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #345 of 2,952
On another note, to those who use Paypal to buy your Schiit, have you ever had an issue where you're charged for your order immediately after authorizing payment, but then get charged again the day it ships? I know you're supposed to be charged once, only at the moment of shipping, but all of the orders I've made have charged me immediately, but twice it's actually resulted in a duplicate charge.

I had that happen this time. There was a charge when I placed the order, and then again when it shipped. But the original charge disappeared. It might look like two charges but there should only be one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back