Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
May 4, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #2,746 of 2,954
Has anyone purchased a Jot 2 recently? Looking at buying a pre-owned silver one, it appears to have the new matte silver knob, and has all three front toggles, but only says “jotunheim” on the back instead of the “jotunheim 2” I’ve seen on the backs of most other images online.
Mine is the same way but its legit

May 4, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #2,747 of 2,954
Has anyone purchased a Jot 2 recently? Looking at buying a pre-owned silver one, it appears to have the new matte silver knob, and has all three front toggles, but only says “jotunheim” on the back instead of the “jotunheim 2” I’ve seen on the backs of most other images online.
Curious, what is the price of the pre-owned that you are looking to purchase?

May 4, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #2,748 of 2,954
Curious, what is the price of the pre-owned that you are looking to purchase?
Haven't even gotten to that point yet, haha. I posted a WTB post on reddit and they messaged me some pictures.

May 4, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #2,749 of 2,954
Chances are that it is a 2 if there are 3 front toggle switches but I would ask the seller to send a photo of the serial number tag on the bottom. It would be another way to confirm whether its really a Jotunheim 2.

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #2,750 of 2,954
I've had my Jot2 (direct from Schiit) for not quite 6 weeks. The sticker is on the bottom panel, up against the back edge and mine says "Jotunheim 2" fwiw.

May 4, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #2,751 of 2,954
I've had my Jot2 (direct from Schiit) for not quite 6 weeks. The sticker is on the bottom panel, up against the back edge and mine says "Jotunheim 2" fwiw.
same here. I purchased mine direct from Schiit about 8 months ago I think.

May 4, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #2,752 of 2,954
Weird, I think it’s legit and actually a jot 2, but Schiit must have been using spare parts from jot 1 at some point. Sticker on bottom says jot 2 and it’s got the three toggle switches but here’s the back panel where it just reads “jotunheim”
IMG_2906.jpeg

May 4, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #2,753 of 2,954
Weird, I think it’s legit and actually a jot 2, but Schiit must have been using spare parts from jot 1 at some point. Sticker on bottom says jot 2 and it’s got the three toggle switches but here’s the back panel where it just reads “jotunheim”IMG_2906.jpeg
My Jot 2 is with the same markings.

May 4, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #2,754 of 2,954
I just took a look at the back of my Jot2, and the back panel *does* have the "2" after Jotunheim on the back panel. I misunderstood the initial inquiry. Seems there's some variation based on how old the Jot2 is. As I said, I bought mine from Schiit only 6 weeks ago.

May 5, 2023 at 12:18 AM Post #2,755 of 2,954
Weird, I think it’s legit and actually a jot 2, but Schiit must have been using spare parts from jot 1 at some point. Sticker on bottom says jot 2 and it’s got the three toggle switches but here’s the back panel where it just reads “jotunheim”IMG_2906.jpeg
Mine is purchased directly from Schiit over a year ago and says the same.

May 5, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #2,756 of 2,954
Mine is purchased directly from Schiit over a year ago and says the same.
Mine too. If it has the 3 switches in front its a Jot 2

May 7, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #2,757 of 2,954
Mine too. If it has the 3 switches in front its a Jot 2
Me three. Mine is an April 2022 purchase direct from Schiit USA and looks identical to the photo and has 3 switches on the front.

May 9, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #2,758 of 2,954
Any benefit of upgrading Modi+ to modius for use with the Jot 2? Besides aesthetically? I know the amp has Nexus and isn't particularly picky about SE vs. balanced inputs but has anyone here moved from one to the other with improvements in their system?

May 17, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #2,759 of 2,954
Any benefit of upgrading Modi+ to modius for use with the Jot 2? Besides aesthetically? I know the amp has Nexus and isn't particularly picky about SE vs. balanced inputs but has anyone here moved from one to the other with improvements in their system?

for some use cases where the digital source is a desktop pc / gaming rig with a noticeable level of background noise (hiss, buzz, etc.) when no music is playing (caused by common impedance / ground loop via AC power connections), using a Modius connected to the Jot 2 via XLR balanced may help to reduce the noise floor.

May 22, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #2,760 of 2,954
I'm looking to replace my Singxer SA-1 as my daily-driver amp, the Jot2 is looking mighty good for my tastes. Question about the preamp switch, though:

I would be using this amp about 50/50 between headphone amp and preamp for computer speakers. It looks like the preamp switch has just the two two positions, on and off. When in the on position, does the headphone output still work, or is it deactivated?

And the volume knob also adjusts the preamp volume, yes?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back