Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Apr 15, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #1,501 of 2,952
Ok, but when you post something on here, tagging my post, then inferring, through your little anecdote, that the amp broke because of something I did, I am gonna get pissed. I mean the amp is pretty simple to operate, plug in headphone, unplug headphone and adjust volume if need be. Im sorry if you couldn't get that right but nonetheless...
IX

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #1,502 of 2,952
I have ordered Jot2 and Modius in Mid FEBRUARY and been waiting since then. And now jot2 has been backordered till 27th may. What? Is there any chance my order will ship sooner than that? Modius is also backordered till 22nd April. I mean It’s getting frustrating. I understand the part delays and Covid situation but I’m starting to get the impression that I’m not gonna get my order this year. I recently purchased Arya and My jot1 is not doing them justice.
I ordered my first Schiit product (Jot2) about the same time as you. I completely understand that delays can happen. What I don't like is being told that a product is "in-stock" (with a 7-10 day delivery). And then later on being told that wasn't the case at all, now with a multi month backorder status. This was after I had heard nothing from Schiit for a couple weeks, contacted them, and was told by someone that they were experiencing a short delay due to staffing issues. Then later getting the email that the product is completely back-ordered due to parts delays. My sense is that for Schiit, the term "in-stock" has a completely different meaning than what I am used to.

Apr 16, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #1,503 of 2,952
I ordered my first Schiit product (Jot2) about the same time as you. I completely understand that delays can happen. What I don't like is being told that a product is "in-stock" (with a 7-10 day delivery). And then later on being told that wasn't the case at all, now with a multi month backorder status. This was after I had heard nothing from Schiit for a couple weeks, contacted them, and was told by someone that they were experiencing a short delay due to staffing issues. Then later getting the email that the product is completely back-ordered due to parts delays. My sense is that for Schiit, the term "in-stock" has a completely different meaning than what I am used to.
Doesn't change your situation at all of course, but if you have 100 in inventory, and an order queue of 200 unprocessed orders and you are number 199. It's a good problem to have as a manufacturer, but a problem nonetheless. Especially for you. Bummer dude. Based on my experience, it's worth a wait, but you can always cancel and buy something less popular. Sucks, but thems the facts.

Apr 17, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #1,504 of 2,952
Guys I have a question, what kinda trs stays balanced. So I want an XLR to TRS balanced for speakers. Does TRS stay balanced? Or do I need something else? I know next to nothing about speaker cables, and I'm looking at some small Presonus speakers that have TRS inputs. I wanna attach those to the Jot 2.

Apr 17, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #1,505 of 2,952
Guys I have a question, what kinda trs stays balanced. So I want an XLR to TRS balanced for speakers. Does TRS stay balanced? Or do I need something else? I know next to nothing about speaker cables, and I'm looking at some small Presonus speakers that have TRS inputs. I wanna attach those to the Jot 2.
TRS is balanced, TS is single ended.

Apr 17, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #1,506 of 2,952

Thank you so much. I went ahead and got some with the Presonus Eris 3.5 speakers. I don't want anything huge. 👍

Apr 17, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #1,507 of 2,952
TRRS is balanced (4 connectors), TRRRS (Pentacon) is balanced (4 connectors + ground), TRS is single ended (how could it be other)?

TRS is Tip, Ring, Shield. One solders the ground to the sleeve, the signal (+) to the tip, and the return (-) to the ring.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #1,508 of 2,952
TRRS is balanced (4 connectors), TRRRS (Pentacon) is balanced (4 connectors + ground), TRS is single ended (how could it be other)?

TRS is Tip, Ring, Shield. One solders the ground to the sleeve, the signal (+) to the tip, and the return (-) to the ring.
It was in regard of single channel 1/4 inch connectors used in some professional equipment.

Apr 17, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #1,509 of 2,952
Yeah, hence the confusion.

The back of the speakers states it and has an image too

Screenshot_20210417-231732_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Apr 17, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #1,510 of 2,952
For a stereo headphone connection, TRS is single-ended, two channels, TRRS can be balanced-only stereo, TRRRS is balanced stereo plus ground.

For the mono connection 1/4" TRS can be balanced "pro audio". with separate TRS jacks for left and right channel inputs like the PreSonus these should also be balanced.

a pair of identical MONO adapter cables is needed, one each for right and left channels.
xlr pin1 (GND) to TRS mono balanced Sleeve
xlr pin 2 (+ phase) to TRS mono tip
xlr pin 3 (- phase) to TRS mono ring (middle contact)

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #1,511 of 2,952
For a stereo headphone connection, TRS is single-ended, two channels, TRRS can be balanced-only stereo, TRRRS is balanced stereo plus ground.

For the mono connection 1/4" TRS can be balanced "pro audio". with separate TRS jacks for left and right channel inputs like the PreSonus these should also be balanced.

a pair of identical MONO adapter cables is needed, one each for right and left channels.
xlr pin1 (GND) to TRS mono balanced Sleeve
xlr pin 2 (+ phase) to TRS mono tip
xlr pin 3 (- phase) to TRS mono ring (middle contact)
I bought two of these, they should be fine and balanced right? From Jot 2 XLR pre-out to Eris E3.5 TRS in.

Sometimes it's hard to trust Amazon descriptions.

Screenshot_20210417-235158_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #1,512 of 2,952
I bought two of these, they should be fine and balanced right? From Jot 2 XLR pre-out to Eris E3.5 TRS in.

Sometimes it's hard to trust Amazon descriptions.

they *should* work, but as there are a number of ways to wire these adapters (different connectors on each end), best thing would be to check them with a continuity checker / DMM multi-meter before plugging them in to equipment, esp the Jot 2 / Freya XLR output. Most XLR's have tiny pin numbers on the plastic insulator adjacent to the sockets / pins.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #1,513 of 2,952
they *should* work, but as there are a number of ways to wire these adapters (different connectors on each end), best thing would be to check them with a continuity checker / DMM multi-meter before plugging them in to equipment, esp the Jot 2 / Freya XLR output. Most XLR's have tiny pin numbers on the plastic insulator adjacent to the sockets / pins.
I'm curious. I work mainly with Neutrik, Rean (from Neutrik), and Switchcraft (when I absolutely must). What XLR connectors have you encountered with no imprints?

Apr 20, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #1,514 of 2,952
I can feel your pain brother, but give them a break. As a business owner, sometimes I wonder if people ever heard about the pandemic and all the logistic issues created by, by the pandemic, not by Schiit. And by the AKM factory fire.

It is what it is folks, we are all in the same boat, I am waiting for JDS parts that were not inmediately in stock, but where shipped shortly after. I am waiting for sennheiser technical service answer, I have a problem with amazon one month now with no solution, I have a dhl parcel lost in italy cost me 122€ loss... Logistics are ****ed up everywhere, certainly not a problem with schiit at fault.

Apr 20, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #1,515 of 2,952
I can feel your pain brother, but give them a break. As a business owner, sometimes I wonder if people ever heard about the pandemic and all the logistic issues created by, by the pandemic, not by Schiit. And by the AKM factory fire.

It is what it is folks, we are all in the same boat, I am waiting for JDS parts that were not inmediately in stock, but where shipped shortly after. I am waiting for sennheiser technical service answer, I have a problem with amazon one month now with no solution, I have a dhl parcel lost in italy cost me 122€ loss... Logistics are ****ed up everywhere, certainly not a problem with schiit at fault.
What? Are you saying we are not living in the perfect world?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back