Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 3, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #150,391 of 152,862
Streamers
I currently have an Allo USBridge running Moode. Happy with it however my NAS has 17 TB of flac and growing. MPD is starting to cause issues whenever rebooting due to the size.

Looking to replace, probably with an ifi Zen as I want to feed my BiFrost via USB.

What software is used to play from the NAS? Will I run into the same issues?

Anniversary
Next Tuesday me and my current wife will be celebrating our 20th. Picked up a 5 carat tennis bracelet, can't wait to give her that

May 3, 2024 at 9:12 PM Post #150,392 of 152,862
Streamers
I currently have an Allo USBridge running Moode. Happy with it however my NAS has 17 TB of flac and growing. MPD is starting to cause issues whenever rebooting due to the size.

Looking to replace, probably with an ifi Zen as I want to feed my BiFrost via USB.

What software is used to play from the NAS? Will I run into the same issues?

Anniversary
Next Tuesday me and my current wife will be celebrating our 20th. Picked up a 5 carat tennis bracelet, can't wait to give her that
Congratulations on your anniversary! Making it 20 years is an awesome accomplishment.

May 3, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #150,397 of 152,862
There was an earlier question about if anyone listened to internet radio. I am being vey traditional tonight listing to the Detroit Tiger game on Audacy. The system makes even that sound great! Super enjoyable and puts a big smile on my face. What a great hobby we all share.

i know this is a heavy cat forum but Finn says “Hi”

68747252912__C0530F0B-23C4-4834-BFB5-24B7A60681FB.jpeg
That’s a good looking pup!

May 3, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #150,399 of 152,862
Outstanding! I am in year 9 for my second try. I think I have the right one now
26 years of wedded bliss on my 2nd (and final) try. 17 years for my first try. I married young.

May 3, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #150,400 of 152,862
26 years of wedded bliss on my 2nd (and final) try. 17 years for my first try. I married young.
Fantastic! It is not easy to have such a successful marriage. There are so many things that can pull a couple apart. I meet some couples that have been married 40 or 50 years and I am just in awe.

May 3, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #150,401 of 152,862
Thank you. It really is easy when you find the right one. :wink:

May 3, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #150,403 of 152,862
I honestly don’t have a clue whatsoever… I know nothing about Digital Audio Players (or even what they are - LOL) and no experience of Ponon or FiiO… sorry

What I *can* say is that any PCM source that can generate a digital bit stream as good as a decent CD transport… will be taken to another level by going through Yggy. For me, today, that is solely classic red book CD’s. It is all I have.

But, Yggy is so impressing me in that realm, that I’m now finally likely to get into some type of streaming, because everyone else WITH that experience says that Yggy does it’s magics there as well…

HTH
Having a DAP is like having my HiFi with me when I'm away from home. I can pretty much squash all my flac files onto it.
Hiby is my favourite DAP, and it's balanced, too. It's much like the portable CD, cassette, and mini radios of old, which were used with headphones as folks listened to their favourite tunes or books and still do as they go jogging down the street or in the park, when it's not raining of course.

May 3, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #150,405 of 152,862
We're coming up on our 28th anniversary next month.. :beerchug: We just finished tripling our solar and battery bank about an hour ago. We also Installed a small system dedicated to powering a proper Schiit amp. :gs1000smile:
We have been talking about installing a backup power system here. Solar is a tough proposition here. Too many cloudy days through the winter. We are leaning toward a whole home generator. Will have to do some more investigating and questioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back