Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 20, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #148,756 of 150,446
😳
Nope. My brain would never let
me get away with this.
To each their own.
Hehe…
Now, what does your brain say to this:
What’s worse, speaker cables of unequal length with negligible differences in impedance, or speaker cables of equal length, with one of them coiled up like a ten foot induction coil right next to a bunch of transformers?
Yeah, I’ll take unequal cable length with zero difference in perceived sound quality any day of the week. 🤘🏻😎

Apr 20, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #148,757 of 150,446
Well, butter my butt and call me biscuit, that's actually a decent album! 😳
Your wish is my command.

DwblXfRX0AEU6ZY.jpg

Apr 20, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #148,759 of 150,446
😳
Nope. My brain would never let
me get away with this.
To each their own.
At my last house in NC I had 8' to the right speaker and 20' to the left (run under the floor). With the layout of the room there was no other way to do it. Worked fine for me too. Like you it offended my brain, but fortunately I'm able to forget stuff rather easily. :laughing:

Room2.JPG

Apr 20, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #148,761 of 150,446
Most of my British slang comes from reading old motorcycle and car magazines from the UK back in the day. I've definitely forgotten half of what I ever picked up. 😝
.... instance where the Britslang can be 😳: US - "can I borrow a cigarette?"; Brit - "can I bum a fag?" .... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Apr 20, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #148,762 of 150,446
Apr 20, 2024 at 5:22 PM Post #148,763 of 150,446
Surely, this will do the trick :laughing:

(It was only 30 dollars on amazon)

Lol! I have that same cable in my Amazon wishlist, but it's $60 up here in Canada, and I've got more urgent things on my tiny budget. Like whisky and music and, oh, I dunno, groceries. But it sure has the look, eh?

I've actually been looking for the ridiculous AC cables used by @jonathan c but had no luck. Probably a good thing too, they don't seem to be shielded!

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #148,765 of 150,446
the new room will suck. A wall at one side and the open kitchen to the other. That actually bothers me to no end. It’s the only thing that I don’t like about the new place. But something’s gotta give. At least I can keep all the closet space just for myself. 😁)

That's my situation also, except the wall to the right is glass doors to the balcony. I try to correct with heavy blackout curtains to kill first reflections.

Apr 20, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #148,766 of 150,446
Shoot. Forgot today is RSD...Gah.
Yeah, picked up The Tragically Hip live at CGGB's, The Who Whole Story, Jeff Buckley and Neil Young Fx#@ Up... Had to go to a second store for 2 records, but worth it. Can't wait to get home and listen.

Apr 20, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #148,767 of 150,446
Lol! I have that same cable in my Amazon wishlist, but it's $60 up here in Canada, and I've got more urgent things on my tiny budget. Like whisky and music and, oh, I dunno, groceries. But it sure has the look, eh?

I've actually been looking for the ridiculous AC cables used by @jonathan c but had no luck. Probably a good thing too, they don't seem to be shielded!
It's fairly nice! Just a bit hard to maneuver it into certain positions; it gave me quite a fight when angling it in the rack down from the back of my power conditioner to the socket on my Mjolnir 3. Call me crazy, but.... it sounds better? It can't be. Could just be my monkey brain falling for placebo. Will rip apart the rack and try to properly A/B eventually.

Anyways, well worth the $20 over a standard IEC cable for the novelty. Could also be used as a weapon in times of need. May need to buy one more for the Yggdrasil now🤦‍♂️

I replaced the crappy cable the seller gave me with the Asgard 2 with the stock Mjolnir 3 cable. Happy to have a cable that doesn't wiggle itself out of the socket and power off the amp anymore.

Apr 20, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #148,769 of 150,446
I have a few LPs that I've not broken the shrink wrap on. Think I'll give them a spin in honor of RD.

Apr 20, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #148,770 of 150,446
Shoot. Forgot today is RSD...Gah.
I stayed home. The hoards of Swifties trying to get four variants of the same damn album scared me off. 😑

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back