Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 14, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #147,886 of 150,446
Jan Akkerman was ( and still is..) a brilliant guitarist.
Agreed!!! I would love to find a remastered version of 'Streetwalker'. The released CD SUCKS!!!!!

Apr 14, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #147,887 of 150,446
Apr 14, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #147,888 of 150,446
I have a lot of gear. I traded with a gentleman on here, then repaired and refurbished it. It pays to know people.🤪
...and how to fix things. 😀

Apr 14, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #147,889 of 150,446
Right under the two year warranty date, my Fulla E microphone input makes my PC37X unlistenable (was on a zoom meeting and my dissertation chair couldn’t make out anything I said. Had to switch to on board audio on my PC. Emailed support, hopefully starting the process before the warranty end date means I’ll get support.

They said, I have quite a few Schiit products and this is the first problem I’ve encountered. If they can’t do anything to help with the Fulla, I’ll probably take my Hel+ from my home desktop to my work where the Fulla E resides. Excuse to buy another schiit stack, maaaaaybe. I could get a Magni Unity with the dac card—I listened to it at Canjam Dallas so that would be fun.

TLDR my Fulla may be slowly failing on me, but I’m under warranty for a few more days and even if they can’t help I’ve got Schiit stack plans.

PS- this is not a post to get Jason to do anything or even get his attention, this is a post wanting people to tell me which schiit stack I should look into! Vali 3 for my first tube experience? Magni Unity all in one?

I just received my Vali 3 and after extensive listening over the last day, as a preamp and with HPs (ranging from 13 ohms to 300 ohms), my sincerest recommendation is...

GET THE VALI 3! IT IS FREAKIN' AMAZING and outside of "Last Calls" REPRESENTS THE HIGHEST VALUE IN THE SCHIIT LINE-UP!!!

GET IT!!!!

NOW!!!!

Have you bought it yet?

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU WAITING FOR???!!!

** IMHO, of course.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #147,890 of 150,446
Yeah crazy 😂

Been married ages, since the golden Schumacher era. Gah they were the days
Just saw a clip of Schumacher's 18,000+ RPM V10 Ferrari. What a screamer!

Apr 14, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #147,891 of 150,446
...and how to fix things. 😀
That does not hurt.🤪 A good rule of thumb is to always verify equipment is up and running before dismantling it for restoration. Thus I am playing several records on the Thorens before I make my changes. I knew what those would be before receiving the item.

Apr 14, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #147,892 of 150,446
I have a lot of gear. I traded with a gentleman on here, then repaired and refurbished it. It pays to know people.🤪
Didst thou bypass the DB board or find a NOS one because from what I know of them, the board is a royal pain in the oinkment. Either way, gorgeous and I am happy for you!

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #147,893 of 150,446
Well, one thing leads to another. Local Bifrost 2 with the OG card popped up for a good deal. Had to jump on it to pair with the new Asgard 2. No longer fumbling with keeping the Mojo 2 charged, level set and plugged in with a 3.5 to dual RCA cable.

This is my first Bifrost 2 with the OG card. Had 2 separate Bifrost 2/64 in the past, but sold when I upgraded to the yggy. Gotta stop getting rid of these things and just keep for future endeavors. I keep coming back.

Warming it up now, hoping for a smooth and warm listen for the bedside. MJ3 and Yggy still remain at the desk for real sessions.

Might need to grab some feet to put between the two, because as I recall the Bifrost 2 got a bit warm, and we all know how hot the Asgard 2 can get.

IMG_4687.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #147,894 of 150,446
I just received my Vali 3 and after extensive listening over the last day, as a preamp and with HPs (ranging from 13 ohms to 300 ohms), my sincerest recommendation is...

GET THE VALI 3! IT IS FREAKIN' AMAZING and outside of "Last Calls" REPRESENTS THE HIGHEST VALUE IN THE SCHIIT LINE-UP!!!

GET IT!!!!

NOW!!!!

Have you bought it yet?

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU WAITING FOR???!!!

** IMHO, of course.
If this is sincere then I may just need to see what’s going on with the Vali 3!! How hot does it get? I’ve never owned tubes, but are we talking Asgard 3 level of warmth or is tube heat a different animal?

*I think when people say Asgard 3 runs hot that they are exaggerating mine runs a little warm after an hour or two but it’s not like hand on the stove or anything

Apr 14, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #147,895 of 150,446
If this is sincere then I may just need to see what’s going on with the Vali 3!! How hot does it get? I’ve never owned tubes, but are we talking Asgard 3 level of warmth or is tube heat a different animal?
It is 110% sincere. What a great way to get into tubes.

The tube gets hot as they all do. The unit itself stays just a tad warm to the touch. The depressed top chassis design around the tube socket keeps the tube heat out of the chassis.

I cannot speak as to Asgard 3 vs Vali 3 having never owned an Asgard.

Apr 14, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #147,896 of 150,446

The tube gets hot as they all do. The unit itself stays just a tad warm to the touch. The depressed top chassis design around the tube socket keeps the tube heat out of the chassis.
Thanks for the further insight. If there’s nothing to be done for the Fulla, I’ll be sure to try out the Vali 3. I’ve been window shopping a Schiit tube hybrid for a while now. I’ve always hesitated because my cat likes to jump on my desk so I’ll just have to be more aware of when I’m using it to keep her away or close the door to the office when I power it off so she doesn’t ****in burn herself before it cools down

Apr 14, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #147,897 of 150,446

I cannot speak as to Asgard 3 vs Vali 3 having never owned an Asgard.

Even the old Vali 2++ is only a bit warm at the chassis, it is not hot. The top of the tube is around 40 degrees C, base of tube can be 50 to 55.

Apr 14, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #147,898 of 150,446
Thanks for the further insight. If there’s nothing to be done for the Fulla, I’ll be sure to try out the Vali 3. I’ve been window shopping a Schiit tube hybrid for a while now. I’ve always hesitated because my cat likes to jump on my desk so I’ll just have to be more aware of when I’m using it to keep her away or close the door to the office when I power it off so she doesn’t ****in burn herself before it cools down
I have an Asgard 3 and don't find that it runs hot. I have a Vali 2++ that I enjoy, and I might consider stepping up to the Vali 3. You'll see the WE396A tube mentioned a lot but the GE 5-Star 5670 and GE JAN 5670W both sound good and can be had for less. Good luck.

Apr 14, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #147,899 of 150,446
Yes the tube gets hot but it’s not that dangerous. I doubt you’ll have to worry about your cat.

Apr 14, 2024 at 2:22 PM Post #147,900 of 150,446

*I think when people say Asgard 3 runs hot that they are exaggerating mine runs a little warm after an hour or two but it’s not like hand on the stove or anything
It is Ripper2860 and whilst it goes without saying when it comes from such a pure and unadulterated source as he, 'tis a natural fact that there is no "sin" in "sincere".

ORTson Welles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back