Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 14, 2024 at 2:00 AM Post #147,841 of 153,335
Not sure if anyone has watched the Charismatic Voice on YouTube, but it's very interesting to get a trained opera singers take on both the music and the vocal performance. This one is Under Pressure by Queen and Bowie:

Elizabeth has some very diverse reviews/reactions across all genres. She's a charmer!

Apr 14, 2024 at 2:04 AM Post #147,842 of 153,335
Love her. I found her channel a couple of years ago, when I started to listen to Floor Jansen & Nightwish. Subscribed to her channel that day..

Apr 14, 2024 at 3:24 AM Post #147,843 of 153,335
Apr 14, 2024 at 3:50 AM Post #147,844 of 153,335
Time to start looking into a sensible headphone cable upgrade from my current audeze balanced cable (can’t recall model, though it is flat and reminds me of the old ribbon cables for PC peripherals).

Keen to find a pliable 2.5m cable that isn’t audible when it moves.

I want to enhance the warmth and bass capabilities of LCD-3. I want to avoid thinning or brightening the sound profile.

Any suggestions please? Need to keep to £200 but maybe I’ll push to £300 (if my wife doesn’t kick my arse 😂)

Toxic Cables seem like a brand to look at though there’s a tonne of variation between models/versions.

Thx.
The cable that is connected to a set of HD6XX I am borrowing from a friend is absolutely silent. Makes no noise whatsoever that I can really recall. It's from Blue Dragon but beyond that I don't know much about it. Really hefty Furutech connector. It coils and uncoils nicely with little memory. And it sounds good, too. I don't have any experience with it against other cables on this 'phone to describe it as warm or bright, etc, so jury's out on that end of your query.

EDIT: Discovering that Dragon Cables appear to be Moon Audio's in-house brand. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

IMG_7079.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #147,845 of 153,335
Tonight's Jazz recommendation...

(OK -- it's more Jazz/World Music blend. It is interesting and engaging, at least to me.)

** When I ran across this one, I thought of you @sixergixer.

Oregon's 'Treffpunkt Jazz, Ludwigsburg 1990' album

Dang! That's my little slice of Oregon, and the best part of the state. :wink:

I am very curious about this one. Will investigate... 🕵️‍♂️

I grew up in Prineville, a proverbial skater kid in a cowboy town. Moved to Bend for college and have been here ever since. I go up to Madras to watch vintage warbirds from the Erickson Aircraft Collection take to the skies - some of their aircraft are among the few, or even the only surviving airworthy models in existence.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 4:15 AM Post #147,846 of 153,335
** And one more thing. Vali 3 sounds insanely good and far better than it has any right to at $149!!!

Dang ..... you maade me wanna click .....

Apr 14, 2024 at 4:16 AM Post #147,847 of 153,335
What a shame. Looked to be a pretty cool place. :frowning2:
Brewery is still open. Hopefully, the observatory will open up with better weather.

Apr 14, 2024 at 4:58 AM Post #147,848 of 153,335
Love her. I found her channel a couple of years ago, when I started to listen to Floor Jansen & Nightwish. Subscribed to her channel that day..

Wonderful video, I really like how she puts words to the presence of the song.

Floor and Nightwish are amazing!. The symphonic metal sound is hard to beat.

I do get a bit lost in the themes because my preferences definitely lie elsewhere. Can't be too picky though because they do so much, so well.

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:07 AM Post #147,849 of 153,335
Thanks for posting this. The Zeroth Things Zeroth chapter is one of my favorites. I'm stunned that it was 5 years ago. And I appreciate your explorations of applying Jason's ideas.

You may like The Element, by Ken Robinson.

1713061600697.png

This idea from The Element has stuck with me:

The question is not, "Are you intelligent?" The question is, "How are you intelligent?"

My corollary is:

Everyone is a nerd about something.

This is a thread populated by aficionados: music, gear, cars, astronomy, photography, whiskey (regardless of spelling), cats... It is rife with nerds.

We all have gifts -- inherent talents and interests -- that transform us into nerds of the best kind when we pursue those gifts. And you and Jason are, just perhaps, hinting at the Meaning of Life. Find your gifts, nurture them, and use them for the benefit of the people around you. Even if you brighten just one person's day, doing zeroth things are of the highest value.
That’s awesome mate. Thx for sharing.

Just ordered the book 😊

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:17 AM Post #147,851 of 153,335
The cable that is connected to a set of HD6XX I am borrowing from a friend is absolutely silent. Makes no noise whatsoever that I can really recall. It's from Blue Dragon but beyond that I don't know much about it. Really hefty Furutech connector. It coils and uncoils nicely with little memory. And it sounds good, too. I don't have any experience with it against other cables on this 'phone to describe it as warm or bright, etc, so jury's out on that end of your query.

EDIT: Discovering that Dragon Cables appear to be Moon Audio's in-house brand. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

IMG_7079.jpeg
Cheers mate thx.

Apr 14, 2024 at 8:15 AM Post #147,853 of 153,335
Having to dry my eyes having just listened to Jan Garbarek. This is my favourite track of all time. I’ve not heard this on my current rig until now.

I’m stunned at how utterly beautiful it is. The brass just gets me right in my heart.

I want to source a one handed saxophone so badly (long story but I’ll never be able to play a normal sax) so I can learn to play from scratch, but the cost and rarity means this is currently just a dream. One day I hope to make it a reality.

Listened to this last night at bedtime. Beautiful. And then listened to more Garbarek. Gorgeous on my Fiio M17>Vali 2> Meze Empy IIs. Can’t wait to hear how it sounds with Vali 3 (on the way).

Apr 14, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #147,854 of 153,335
You are forgiven. Roxy Music's Avalon album ranks as one of my favorites!! :D
It’s one of my references, both on CD and LP

When wifey isn’t in the car w/ me; sometimes I’ll crack up that ML factory system (19 speakers, etc.) on this album and CRUISE.

Apr 14, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #147,855 of 153,335
Thanks for posting this. The Zeroth Things Zeroth chapter is one of my favorites. I'm stunned that it was 5 years ago. And I appreciate your explorations of applying Jason's ideas.

You may like The Element, by Ken Robinson.

1713061600697.png

This idea from The Element has stuck with me:

The question is not, "Are you intelligent?" The question is, "How are you intelligent?"

My corollary is:

Everyone is a nerd about something.

This is a thread populated by aficionados: music, gear, cars, astronomy, photography, whiskey (regardless of spelling), cats... It is rife with nerds.

We all have gifts -- inherent talents and interests -- that transform us into nerds of the best kind when we pursue those gifts. And you and Jason are, just perhaps, hinting at the Meaning of Life. Find your gifts, nurture them, and use them for the benefit of the people around you. Even if you brighten just one person's day, doing zeroth things are of the highest value.
THIS. ^

Amen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back