Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 13, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #147,736 of 150,972
Any chance Schiit will make a brushed aluminum top cover for Rekkr?? A brushed aluminum Rekkr and MMB2 would look really nice next to a brushed aluminum Vali 3 and Loki stack. :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #147,737 of 150,972
Rag v2 did introduce NEXUS, so as far as new and unique circuit ideas go, it does have that. I personally think it is just a tad under-powered for the OG $$ (spec-wise at 60w/90w), does not have enough digital inputs, no HT by-pass, no MC phono option, and no pre-out AND amp in loop (for Schiit EQs). It's at a bit of a disadvantage to others from a 'marketing/feature' perspective despite blowing the market away performance-wise. :frowning2:

One could always put their Schiit EQ in line with the source(s)

Various Digital sources > Schitt DAC > Schitt EQ > Schiit Head/Pre/Integrated AMP

or add a switcher...

Apr 13, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #147,738 of 150,972
Rag v2 did introduce NEXUS, so as far as new and unique circuit ideas go, it does have that. I personally think it is just a tad under-powered for the OG $$ (spec-wise at 60w/90w), does not have enough digital inputs, no HT by-pass, no MC phono option, and no pre-out AND amp in loop (for Schiit EQs). It's at a bit of a disadvantage to others from a 'marketing/feature' perspective despite blowing the market away performance-wise. :frowning2:
Yea well I believe if you read Jason’s recent description in his End Of The World post, you’ll see it is intended to be a different animal unlike other integrated amps. And as in all Schiit products it’s either for you or it’s not. It’s not intended to be a Sony-style made for the masses product.

Apr 13, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #147,740 of 150,972
Yea well I believe if you read Jason’s recent description in his End Of The World post, you’ll see it is intended to be a different animal unlike other integrated amps. And as in all Schiit products it’s either for you or it’s not. It’s not intended to be a Sony-style made for the masses product.
I read it and I Agree. I'm just stating my thoughts on why it may have had less than stellar sales. I think even Jason was hopeful of it appealing to a wider audience, but it seems a niche integrated may have no significant market. If it did, Jason would be working hot and heavy on Rag 3 right now and not have its status in limbo. IMHO, of course.

Apr 13, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #147,741 of 150,972
I loved her in Star Trek: Discovery. Talk about a home run in casting...
[ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ] [ Like 👍🏻 ]

(My "solution" for the "needs more like buttons" "problem.")

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #147,742 of 150,972
One could always put their Schiit EQ in line with the source(s)

Various Digital sources > Schitt DAC > Schitt EQ > Schiit Head/Pre/Integrated AMP

or add a switcher...

I think we were talking a "fully loaded" Ragnarok.

Apr 13, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #147,743 of 150,972
Apr 13, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #147,744 of 150,972
This is the one I'm in agreement with. He always struck me as the most realistic secret agent and it really came through in the films.
As an aside from the Bond debate, Richard Burton in The Spy Who Came In from the Cold has always stayed with me as the most realistic cinematic portrayal of a secret agent. Since then there've been many other fine performances in the genre, particularly in the last 10 years or so...but in one way or another, they've all been treading the path that Burton blazed 60 years ago in his role as the doomed Alec Leamas. The casting in that film was brilliant all around.

But then there's really no Venn overlap at all between the spy worlds of Ian Fleming and John le Carre.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #147,747 of 150,972
A week was not enough, wonderful experience that will require more time. Much more to see and do. Hated to leave today. Weather was not great. Carried on anyway. Grandkids had the best of times.

Do you speak the language?
No, just visited from next door - I spent my teenage years in Lancashire

Apr 13, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #147,748 of 150,972
Both are princesses. But Sophie is the Queen. :laughing:

However, there are many things that improve with age: tubes, bourbon, and Michelle Yeoh. She didn't stand out to me in Tomorrow Never Dies, but I loved her in Star Trek: Discovery. Talk about a home run in casting...
And don't forget one of my all-time favorite dialog sequences between 007 and Vesper Lynd:

Vesper Lynd:You think of women as disposable pleasures, rather than meaningful pursuits. So as charming as you are, Mr. Bond, I will be keeping my eye on our government's money, and your perfectly-formed arse.
Bond:You noticed?
Vesper Lynd:Even accountants have imagination.

Awesome.

Apr 13, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #147,749 of 150,972
Can't argue with that, but that's also kind of cheating. He's the best part of whatever movie he's in. He could probably play Barbie and make it believable.

But Sophie Marceau is still the queen. :laughing:
Now you've inspired @Ripper2860 to go looking for a Christoph Waltz inflatable doll on Amazon or Aliexpress, just to see if it's true.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #147,750 of 150,972
I told you it was going to be a collectors item. 😉
We all know Schiit is Da Schiit. Glad to see that TAS agrees. 😏

Freya + N is tough to beat at the $599 closeout, however.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back