Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 13, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #147,721 of 150,456
At least change your socks man! No wonder there is only one set of feet in the picture.
I buy socks in bulk. That's how I can afford my Schiit. :wink:

Apr 13, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #147,723 of 150,456
Some of you may like this... it's audio related but I figured it would be OK to post here... :wave::stuck_out_tongue:

This is a revised crossover for a Merlin Music Systems VSM speaker. "Revised", as in, "transformative"... not just "upgrading parts".
  • Duelund CAST PP Capacitors
  • Duelund CAST Resistors
  • Goertz Copper Foil Inductors
Bypass caps for woofer and tweeter will be added (clipped in with copper clips so they can be fiddled with). Those will be Duelund CAST PIO .1uF capacitors.

I like 2-way speakers...

Image 4-13-24 at 9.21 AM.jpg

Image 4-13-24 at 10.09 AM.jpg

6bbe77fe-4a93-46c6-b14e-5b482e225fd2.jpg

IMG_8684.jpeg
Is that Danny Richie?

Apr 13, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #147,724 of 150,456
You're not often wrong, sir. But when you are, you really are.

Tomorrow Never Dies is the most underrated Bond movie of them all. It has the best Bond actor, the most kick-ass Bond girl of them all, one of the very few non-ugly BMWs as the Bond car, one of the better Q scenes of the franchise, great practical effects, and one of the last actually good and well-recorded Bond soundtracks and Sheryl Crow absolutely nailing the mood of the movie.
It's so good, in fact, that I can almost ignore Teri Hatcher and her abysmal acting that's even more hammy in this movie than it usually is.

But with all that debate about the best Bond actor or Bond girl, one thing I'm sure there can't be any debate over:
Christoph Waltz is the best Bond villain, period.
Can't argue with that, but that's also kind of cheating. He's the best part of whatever movie he's in. He could probably play Barbie and make it believable.

But Sophie Marceau is still the queen. :laughing:

Apr 13, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #147,726 of 150,456
Some of you may like this... it's audio related but I figured it would be OK to post here... :wave::stuck_out_tongue:

This is a revised crossover for a Merlin Music Systems VSM speaker. "Revised", as in, "transformative"... not just "upgrading parts".
  • Duelund CAST PP Capacitors
  • Duelund CAST Resistors
  • Goertz Copper Foil Inductors
Bypass caps for woofer and tweeter will be added (clipped in with copper clips so they can be fiddled with). Those will be Duelund CAST PIO .1uF capacitors.

I like 2-way speakers...

Image 4-13-24 at 9.21 AM.jpg

Image 4-13-24 at 10.09 AM.jpg

6bbe77fe-4a93-46c6-b14e-5b482e225fd2.jpg

IMG_8684.jpeg

Have you picked up Aegir 2 yet?

Apr 13, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #147,728 of 150,456
Well played!! :D

Apr 13, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #147,729 of 150,456
Vali 3 is in the house. Stock tube and have only run it in for 10 minutes as a preamp fed by BF2/64 to Ghorn and TS Radial speakers. So far so good. I'll give it a bit more time then roll-in a WE396A and Foton triple mica 6N3P and check it out via HPs (HD6XX, HFM Arya, DCA Aeon Flow Closed).

Will I be selling my Lyr 3 and making Vali 3 my work desktop rig? Stay tuned!!

* Note: Incubus is in the music room where it will remain permanently ensconced for 'serious' listening. :wink:
** Note: I by-passed Loki EQ before listening.
*** Note: Ordered on Thursday afternoon and received on Saturday AM. Thank you USPS and Schiit Texas!!

V3.jpg

BTW. Silver really does look better than the pictures show, as Jason stated.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #147,730 of 150,456
My mother gifted me sox and underwear for christmas until my mid 30's, when I decided to return the favor - it never happened again.....
... like winning a 🏌️‍♂️'press' and $2 nassau
( never again send socks and underwear) 😂

Apr 13, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #147,732 of 150,456
So anyone driving Vandy 2 with Ragnarok to good effect? I was saving for Tyrs in case I swap out to something else, but jezz I cannot resist a deal.

As a 30+ year audiophile who has always had separates, I tend to agree with Jason’s observation of integrateds not being popular - but dang are there a lot of pictures on Reddit with integrateds.
I wonder if it isn't more that there are scads of integrateds out there made by everyone. Maybe Schiit users like that our Schiity ones don't follow the mainstream and focus more on unique products and new circuit ideas?

Apr 13, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #147,733 of 150,456
Vali 3 is in the house. Stock tube and have only run it in for 10 minutes as a preamp fed by BF2/64 to Ghorn and TS Radial speakers. So far so good. I'll give it a bit more time then roll-in a WE396A and Foton triple mica 6N3P and check it out via HPs (HD6XX, HFM Arya, DCA Aeon Flow Closed).

Will I be selling my Lyr 3 and making Vali 3 my work desktop rig? Stay tuned!!

* Note: Incubus is in the music room where it will remain permanently ensconced for 'serious' listening. :wink:
** Note: I by-passed Loki EQ before listening.
*** Note: Ordered on Thursday afternoon and received on Saturday AM. Thank you USPS and Schiit Texas!!

V3.jpg

BTW. Silver really does look better than the pictures show, as Jason stated.
Big 10-4 regarding silver.

Apr 13, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #147,734 of 150,456
I wonder if it isn't more that there are scads of integrateds out there made by everyone. Maybe Schiit users like that our Schiity ones don't follow the mainstream and focus more on unique products and new circuit ideas?

Rag v2 did introduce NEXUS, so as far as new and unique circuit ideas go, it does have that. I personally think it is just a tad under-powered for the OG $$ (spec-wise at 60w/90w), does not have enough digital inputs, no HT by-pass, no MC phono option, and no pre-out AND amp in loop (for Schiit EQs). It's at a bit of a disadvantage to others from a 'marketing/feature' perspective despite blowing the market away performance-wise. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #147,735 of 150,456
But what about Eva Green and Michelle Yeoh?
Both are princesses. But Sophie is the Queen. :laughing:

However, there are many things that improve with age: tubes, bourbon, and Michelle Yeoh. She didn't stand out to me in Tomorrow Never Dies, but I loved her in Star Trek: Discovery. Talk about a home run in casting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back