Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 9, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #147,151 of 150,730
The switch placement is 100% not juvenile. It's an intentional design choice intended to reduce potential noise in the signal path. More technical folks here can probably explain the reason better. You could always get a smart switch or 3. I have 4 of them in my main stack and delight in calling out: "Alexa! Turn on my Schiit!" when I'm ready to sit down with a good book and great music. My Gungnir Multibit and Magni Piety remain on 24x7.

Edit: Ninja'd again! This time by @Daniel Johnston.
I can't even get to the power switches on Kara, Urd and Lokius. In the event of some weird electrical issue or thunder storm, I'll simply pull the plug on one of my power conditioners.

A win/win for my rig.

Apr 9, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #147,152 of 150,730
Yes, please do! I used to listen to Classical music with my mother throughout the sixties and into the mid 70s. She is gone now but this music brings those memories back and I very much appreciate that, believe me. We also used to listen to a great deal of Big Band/Swing Music from the 40s and the soundtracks of great musicals (both Broadway and FIlm), Oklahoma and Flower Drum Song being two favorites of ours!

For me there are songs that awaken the kid within me and the memories that I made during those years that are attached to those songs. I recall my mother belonged to one of those record clubs and bought a lot of “Longines Symphony” recordings ( I think that was the name). Thank you again!

You mesn The Longines Symphonette Society or Longines Symphonette?

May be this one?

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #147,153 of 150,730
You mesn The Longines Symphonette Society or Longines Symphonette?

May be this one?

Longines.jpg

Yep, Don't forget the other popular option. The Reader's Digest version.

Reader's Digest.jpg

Apr 9, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #147,154 of 150,730
Saw one of those today.
It's even uglier in person than it is in photos. I sincerely expected the opposite to be the case.
Evidently, there's at least one person who thought it's worth a lease. You can't argue taste, I guess… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BMW has totally lost their way w/r/t design language, in my humble opinion. The new grilles are just stunningly ugly; even worse than Lexus.
I don't think they're smoking anything, AP - doing mushrooms? Maybe. That is a face that even a mother can't love...

It looks like the current M2 is the last of the sane BMW designs... and they may have over-done it on the fender flares, but I can live with that. :sunglasses:

M2_001.png

(esp. to get 453 HP and six-speed manual trans...)

Apr 9, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #147,155 of 150,730
Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #147,156 of 150,730
BMW has totally lost their way w/r/t design language, in my humble opinion. The new grilles are just stunningly ugly; even worse than Lexus.
I don't think they're smoking anything, AP - doing mushrooms? Maybe. That is a face that even a mother can't love...

It looks like the current M2 is the last of the sane BMW designs... and they may have over-done it on the fender flares, but I can live with that. :sunglasses:

M2_001.png

Could be worse.

IMG_4691.jpeg

Apr 9, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #147,158 of 150,730
M2_001.png

Love that car. Clean and muscular. How did BMW lose the plot on everything else?!

I don't think they're doing 'shrooms, I think they're spaced out on some kinda weird hyper-synthetic nanotech-laced injections that are taking over their brains. 🤖

Apr 9, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #147,159 of 150,730
Could be worse.

IMG_4691.jpeg
Don't mock the clown shoe! Haha

That M Coupe was a GREAT driver's car, by all accounts. Still funny lookin'.

I remember people were lambasting all the new Chris Bangle designs back in the day, and yeah, not many of them have aged gracefully.

Apr 9, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #147,160 of 150,730
Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #147,161 of 150,730
Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 00.06.57.png

Apr 9, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #147,162 of 150,730
There are only three BMWs that ever looked good. Yes, ever. Not just recently, but since they started making cars.
The E38 pre-facelift, the Z8, and the current 8 series coupe.
And yes, I am standing by this opinion. I would even go so far and say that the E38 is the second-most beautiful sedan/saloon ever made, second only to the Jaguar XJ (X350) / Daimler Super Eight. None of the bloat that plagues today's cars, perfectly elegant and understated lines, ideal proportions from pretty much all angles, and fantastic tourers with serious sleeper potential.
Fight me. ;p

Edit:
I forgot about the current 8 series coupe.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #147,163 of 150,730
The heavy morning cloud moved off and the clear sky exceeded what was predicted by most of the weather models. What a SPECTACULAR show here in SW Ontario, Canada! These are 3 quick edits from the ~1000 images that I made today. Lots to dig through and properly process (screenshots of my images - the files are huge).

Amazing photos!

Apr 9, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #147,164 of 150,730
Once again I am caught up, several of you received flight boards, mini Schiit racks, mini speakers, etc. Now it’s time to put my shop back in order and prepare to work on turntable plinths. If I left anyone out I will see what I can do on another day, at another time.😛

Apr 9, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #147,165 of 150,730
There are only three BMWs that ever looked good. Yes, ever. Not just recently, but since they started making cars.
The E38 pre-facelift, the Z8, and the current 8 series coupe.
And yes, I am standing by this opinion. I would even go so far and say that the E38 is the second-most beautiful sedan/saloon ever made, second only to the Jaguar XJ (X350) / Daimler Super Eight. None of the bloat that plagues today's cars, perfectly elegant and understated lines, ideal proportions from pretty much all angles, and fantastic tourers with serious sleeper potential.
Fight me. ;p

Edit:
I forgot about the current 8 series coupe.
i like very much the latest 7series: i7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back