Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 6, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #147,017 of 151,448
In early January 2022, I bought a brand new car for two grand over sticker and traded in my used one for eight grand over Blue Book. Low mileage and overall great condition, so they expected to make a killing on it, I guess.
According to Carfax records, it remained on their lot for another six or seven months, during which the market recovered a bit and the car lost almost the entire margin that they added on top of its Blue Book value.
I would feel bad for them, but they're car salesmen. They'll live.
That was a great trade. I got my farm truck for list price in Dec 22 . Sold my old truck privately the following July for about 3 thousand above their trade in offer. Truck market weakened a lot after that . I see new trucks for sale now with dealer incentives again around here.

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #147,018 of 151,448

During my short vacation I discovered this gem. It gave me a good insight: buy better schiit:smile:

Have a nice weekend, Chris
Yes there are much better 'tables but without what I call "The Crosley Kids" vinyl would not have taken off again. It was a bunch of young folk that made vinyl hip (and FUN!) again. And they did it by buying and using record players that they could easily afford. I own a Crosley Executive suitcase record player and it is great fun!

It sounds as good to my ancient ears as does my Pro-Ject X2 SB. Yup. And I am not kidding. Playing records on it has been F U N and to date I have not scratched a single record. Talk about dumb luck, eh?!

:ksc75smile:

I just wanna have fun.:beerchug:

ORTofon

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 9:58 PM Post #147,019 of 151,448
I'll roll tubes.
Not saying what you do bad, wrong or anything else. Just that I have been granted spousal dispensation to keep what I want to keep…

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #147,020 of 151,448
I just w/ Anna have fun .... ☺️ 💭💭💭
IMG_7736.jpeg

ORTofon 👍
FTFY....[Reg. TM; © bcowen: 2021.] 🎼🎶

Apr 6, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #147,021 of 151,448
OK .... non-Schiitheads (if you're reading this) .... you can quit the cackling ....IMG_7730.jpeg .... a good listen to this combo will 'power-wash' the smirks off your faces and leave you all chortling in delight. ☑️

EDIT: bona fide Schiitheads already know this.
Index card-sized thing blows me away. Just put mine back in my carry on for the flights back home. Taking it with was no problem!

Apr 6, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #147,023 of 151,448
How are you feeding the subwoofer? Would love to add one, can't figure out how. Bifrost 64>lokius>lyr 3>Gjallarhorn. Thanks
I discovered that my SVS-SB1000 (old one) has speaker level inputs. Unlike a lot of subwoofers, the SB doesn't have speaker outs so the signal does not pass through it to the speakers.

So, I have them hooked up kind of bi-wired out from amp to (speakers and SB1000).
That kind of thing might work for you.

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:21 PM Post #147,024 of 151,448
[duplicate]

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 12:12 AM Post #147,030 of 151,448
RSL just released the Speedwoofer 10E and it's priced at $299. Quite a bargain for a brand that most people love.
Not gonna lie I am super tempted by those. I have a single very ho-hum JBL sub that I only use for 5.1. Been wanting to get a pair of subs for 2 channel for a while now. Just running out of outlets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back