Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 3, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #146,671 of 151,653
One more political thing or ad hom insult and I'll pause this thread for a week or two.

Relax. Enjoy life. I'm not enjoying being the gatekeeper here.
Mr. Stoddard. I just bought/placed an order for a Schiit Kara. So yeah, I’m gonna take your advice and enjoy life. I think the KARA has an immense functionality that I just can’t pass up. The Kara is truly unique and it looks like an incredible accomplishment.

Thank you and Mike for all that you do. 🤛

Apr 3, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #146,672 of 151,653
Wow, it's crazy how fast this thread moves these days!

For quite a while I'd check in once a week or so and it'd maybe move 10 pages, now it does that in a day. It's really sad that we cannot self police ourselves and that Jason has had to warn us twice since I'd last checked on the thread a couple days ago about not posting certain content.

We really need to work better at this.

I think there's a little too much focus on "getting to 10,000 (pages in this thread)."

Again, relax. Reflect on the fact that you only live 30,000 days or so before worrying about getting this thread to 10,000 pages. Get out. Go hiking. See your family. Take a trip. Meet new people. Do something you've never done before. Learn a new skill. Try a new hobby. Say hello to actual humans. Sit and enjoy a beer without poking at your phone. It's OK.

Not every post has to be weighty and meaningful, but, well, maybe some should be.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 3, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #146,673 of 151,653
Here's a question on tubes: I have some headphones and I want to try tubes: do I go for a Valhalla 2, a Vali 3, or wait for Valhalla 3? Put a different way, should my first tube product be a hybrid or otl (or otl/ocl) product?

As others said, iMHO you should wait for Valhalla 3 specs. If it’s anything close to a mini FV at Valhalla 2 prices, it’s worth a look.

Apr 3, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #146,674 of 151,653
Mr. Stoddard. I just bought/placed an order for a Schiit Kara. So yeah, I’m gonna take your advice and enjoy life. I think the KARA has an immense functionality that I just can’t pass up. The Kara is truly unique and it looks like an incredible accomplishment.

Thank you and Mike for all that you do. 🤛
You're going to love Kara. Mine gets played every day and sometimes all night long.
It's so good sounding I have a tough time not listening to my rig.
Bravo to you!

Apr 3, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #146,675 of 151,653
I think there's a little too much focus on "getting to 10,000."

Again, relax. Reflect on the fact that you only live 30,000 days or so before worrying about getting this thread to 10,000 pages. Get out. Go hiking. See your family. Take a trip. Meet new people. Do something you've never done before.

Not every post has to be weighty and meaningful, but, well, maybe some should be.

Here's weighty and meaningful. Human nature......

Why do Texans and or visitors love bread and bananas so much?
IMG_20240402_164840409.jpg

IMG_20240402_180634280.jpg

This was yesterday!

Fortunately toilet paper was in stock! :)

Apr 3, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #146,676 of 151,653
I think there's a little too much focus on "getting to 10,000."

Again, relax. Reflect on the fact that you only live 30,000 days or so before worrying about getting this thread to 10,000 pages. Get out. Go hiking. See your family. Take a trip. Meet new people. Do something you've never done before.

10,000 days in the fire is long enough. You're going home.

Apr 3, 2024 at 7:00 PM Post #146,677 of 151,653
Here's weighty and meaningful. Human nature......

Why do Texans and or visitors love bread and bananas so much?IMG_20240402_164840409.jpg
IMG_20240402_180634280.jpg
This was yesterday!

Fortunately toilet paper was in stock! :)
You must be near the path of the eclipse. A guy in Comfort said they expected 450-500K visitors in Kerrville--or 20x the population.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 3, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #146,678 of 151,653
I think there's a little too much focus on "getting to 10,000 (pages in this thread)."

Again, relax. Reflect on the fact that you only live 30,000 days or so before worrying about getting this thread to 10,000 pages. Get out. Go hiking. See your family. Take a trip. Meet new people. Do something you've never done before. Learn a new skill. Try a new hobby. Say hello to actual humans. Sit and enjoy a beer without poking at your phone. It's OK.

Agreed. Margs with family and friends.

Family, friends, music, and Schiit. Posting crap to hit 10,000 pages is silly. Is hitting 10,000 cool? Sure. Is it everything? Hell no! 😁

1000005263.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 7:22 PM Post #146,680 of 151,653

Ha!

Does remodeling our master bathroom qualify as doing something new?
Starts in the morning.
Tile removal.
Glass wall and door removal
Re Plumb
New Sheetrock
New fixtures.
New Tile
Tileset and Grouting
Then a new laminate waterproof floor..
Then back to listening!

Oh, and I am the demo guy, the installer guy, the clean-up guy etc..

Life is indeed short, hence my "Listen to the music, while you can...."

Alex

Apr 3, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #146,682 of 151,653
Very good to hear this. My mind is being molded and shaped into a better thing today! Love that. :)

I'm loving what I'm hearing from the HD6XX, just wish they had more bass presence, authority, and wallop. Like, there are lower frequencies there and I'm hearing them, but they sound like they're next door, not in the space with all of the other frequencies. My Final E5000 are not like that - the bass frequencies have absolutely as much presence and importance as every other frequency in a song. It's my favorite aspect of those IEMs.

I'm just realizing that my ears have started disliking the pressure of IEMs properly inserted so I've borrowed the HD6XX as an exploration back to over-ear 'phones. I just need a more complete package frequency response-wise than the 6XX provides.

I'm open to anybody's suggestions in the sub-$500-ish range that pair well with a Magni+.
Lokius will fix that for the HD6XX. And then you also have the benefit of EQ for other needs should they arise. Way cheaper than $500.
The HD6XX are my daily cans, and a few little tweaks on the Lokius yields many dividends.

Apr 3, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #146,683 of 151,653
You must be near the path of the eclipse. A guy in Comfort said they expected 450-500K visitors in Kerrville--or 20x the population.
Yes, Kerrville. Been coming out here since early '90's. Now that we're retired this is our fourth consecutive RV trip for a month at a time for bluebonnet spring. Eclipse is a bonus.

Fifteen years ago the only attraction past Fredericksburg was The Wild Seed Farm and Luckenbach. Now there's 100 wineries and soon the 4 lane expansion will be all the way to Johnson City. . WOW that's we say every year.

The view driver's have of the back of the RV:
IMG_20240403_183445086_HDR~2.jpg

50,000 miles and going strong. That's some durable ply! :)

Apr 3, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #146,684 of 151,653
Wondering if there's a way to empower a couple of the fellas on here to act as roving admins to help warn and police posts so Jason doesn't have to? I mean, he must act awfully quickly on those posts because I seem to mostly miss what he is referring to, but maybe some slack could be made for him?

Apr 3, 2024 at 8:27 PM Post #146,685 of 151,653
Lokius will fix that for the HD6XX. And then you also have the benefit of EQ for other needs should they arise. Way cheaper than $500.
The HD6XX are my daily cans, and a few little tweaks on the Lokius yields many dividends.
Good to know they are responsive to EQ!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back