Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 1, 2024 at 11:29 PM Post #146,387 of 152,713
Duke's is the way for anything mayo based.
Or Hellmans (labeled as Best Foods on the west coast). Kraft? Soooooo no. That's merely the edible paste for pre-schooler art projects in a larger container. 🤣

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 11:31 PM Post #146,388 of 152,713
I love chili -- with or without beans, but I've been in Texas long enough to know it ain't TEXAS chili if it's got beans. I do love me hot steaming bowl of Chili with Beans as-is (w/ a little splash of Cholula) or a heaping bowl of Texas Chili (w/ a little splash of Cholula) over a square of sweet cornbread! Dammit now I'm hungry! :D
So what is the group's take on spaghetti pasta with their chili?

I would not consider myself a traditionalist - so this Texan will not comment on beans or no beans - but did have some chili served to me like that in the thriving metropolis of Tulsa, OK probably a good THIRTY years ago.

Apr 1, 2024 at 11:37 PM Post #146,390 of 152,713
Apr 1, 2024 at 11:39 PM Post #146,391 of 152,713
i know this is a great debate but fug yes beans, w/ a variety.
Years of being a single father may have influenced that recipe years ago but i aint changin' it!
It does sound good!

Apr 1, 2024 at 11:41 PM Post #146,392 of 152,713
^^ Thats hot dog sauce :ksc75smile:

there's a reason it's called chili con carne in Spanish. Because chili already has beans and con carne means with beef :wink:
Lol!

Apr 1, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #146,393 of 152,713
Or Hellmans (labeled as Best Foods on the west coast). Kraft? Soooooo no. That's merely the edible paste for pre-schooler art projects in a larger container. 🤣
Dukes…

Apr 1, 2024 at 11:49 PM Post #146,394 of 152,713
^^ Thats hot dog sauce :ksc75smile:

there's a reason it's called chili con carne in Spanish. Because chili already has beans and con carne means with beef :wink:
“Chili” is actually a preparation, sauce or ingredient depending on where you’re at and it need not (and usually doesn’t) contain beans. I’m (mostly) busting balls about the beans, but Texas Red is VERY much a Texas dish (which of course, makes it Mexican, if you go back far enough), and probably would’ve been whatever meat was at hand, and spiced, first, with natives like the chile pequin, but the whole idea of a wagon trail/cattle drive dish, cooked low and slow in a braise, from what could be shot, foraged and stewed is the basic starting point.

Spanish colonizers brought cumin with them, and with cumin and peppers, much is possible.

Apr 1, 2024 at 11:51 PM Post #146,395 of 152,713
yeah i cant do canned or gas station chili. but when in Louisiana I eat whatever they're serving at the country gas stations- thats incredible eats that was a huge surprise at first.
There’s a gas station outside of Lake Charles I would drive to just for the Boudin.

Apr 1, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #146,396 of 152,713
I love chili -- with or without beans, but I've been in Texas long enough to know it ain't TEXAS chili if it's got beans. I do love me hot steaming bowl of Chili with Beans as-is (w/ a little splash of Cholula) or a heaping bowl of Texas Chili (w/ a little splash of Cholula) over a square of sweet cornbread! Dammit now I'm hungry! :D
Born and raised in the PNW - Nalley's Chili, originally made in Tacoma, Rainier Beer (locally referred to as "Vitamin R") adjacent to Boeing Field, Seattle
imageService.jpeg
0007262004029.jpeg

Growing up in Tacoma, we suffered the aroma of a Copper smelter, Chili, Pickles and Paper Pulp.....
Probably the reason I'm not very picky on food (other than spam).

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 12:01 AM Post #146,397 of 152,713
Apr 2, 2024 at 12:14 AM Post #146,398 of 152,713
Does your Aegir 1 constantly trip protection but at higher volume levels? I am trying follow what you are saying. We are talking 30 watts RMS per channel into 8 ohms with an improved protection circuit.
I could be really really late to this convo but could the lower damping factor be an issue versus the Aegir 1? That's the only difference between the two that I think could be having an impact driving the same speakers with differing volume levels.

*I don't really understand yet how damping factor works nor how it effects how an amp is driven or stressed (or not).

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:27 AM Post #146,399 of 152,713
So what is the group's take on spaghetti pasta with their chili?

I would not consider myself a traditionalist - so this Texan will not comment on beans or no beans - but did have some chili served to me like that in the thriving metropolis of Tulsa, OK probably a good THIRTY years ago.
thats just not for me. whole wheat crackers or cornbread if possible . Now, i have been know to do the chili over rice. Thats what I did for my kids when they were little when I'd make chili to temper the heat and fill em up good. Better than pasta with chili for sure.

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:31 AM Post #146,400 of 152,713
“Chili” is actually a preparation, sauce or ingredient depending on where you’re at and it need not (and usually doesn’t) contain beans. I’m (mostly) busting balls about the beans, but Texas Red is VERY much a Texas dish (which of course, makes it Mexican, if you go back far enough), and probably would’ve been whatever meat was at hand, and spiced, first, with natives like the chile pequin, but the whole idea of a wagon trail/cattle drive dish, cooked low and slow in a braise, from what could be shot, foraged and stewed is the basic starting point.

Spanish colonizers brought cumin with them, and with cumin and peppers, much is possible.
i use a 3 packets of this and then add what i like.
image_2024-04-01_233121898.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back