Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 29, 2024 at 8:35 PM Post #141,572 of 150,608
That was a gift from @sam6550a after I sent him a flight board. Sam is a man of great style and grace, unlike he who shall remain nameless.(@bcowen).🤪🤪
Ah, I almost asked about that whiskey when it was being discussed but I didn't want to be too nosey.

Feb 29, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #141,573 of 150,608
Well, sometimes...

"if loud is good, louder is better"

I listen to a very tough to drive pair of Acoustic Research LST speakers. Late 70's version with the rear mounted tweeter and mid-range terminals.
Fresh caps in the crossovers and re-foamed woofers. I love them. However, the last amp I drove them with got so hot you could grill shrimp on them.
So, Tyrs to the rescue.

Thanks Jason.
You rock!

s

Feb 29, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #141,574 of 150,608
Cangle, really like the headphones you have as your avatar pic. Great colors! 👍
Thanks, it's a stabilized Atrium from about a year and a half ago I believe. Was nicknamed "Paradox" in the ZMF Stabilized drop

Feb 29, 2024 at 9:24 PM Post #141,575 of 150,608
Ah, I almost asked about that whiskey when it was being discussed but I didn't want to be too nosey.
I would have answered, I try to give credit where credit is due.

Feb 29, 2024 at 9:24 PM Post #141,576 of 150,608
That's pretty similar to the Jaguar Online handbook. My I Pace came with a nice, hefty manual. To be fair, the online version makes some sense. You can click on a link to take you to another related part of the manual. It's easier to navigate the different sub sections.

But I grew up in the book index era. Going to the last pages of the manual to look up the topic and when I didn't find it, look at what else it could fall under. It's a learned habit but not necessarily an efficient one.

It’s the difference between parallel access (book) and serial access (electronic).

Feb 29, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #141,577 of 150,608
It’s the difference between parallel access (book) and serial access (electronic).

I'd argue the opposite.

At least with the Jag online handbook, you have acces to multiple areas of the manual via hyperlinks that link to other sections of the manual pertaining to the subject being read. I.e. if reading about ECO data, you have links to driving data, eco mode, etc...

It's not terrible. Just different than what I became used to over the past 30+ years.

Feb 29, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #141,580 of 150,608
Feb 29, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #141,581 of 150,608
The thought just struck me: The service is for direct-attached drives, either internal or external - no network shares. The external 20Tb drive on the Mac that I have BackBlaze set up on can be made shareable on the network, the other Macs/PC's can have script/app set up to back up important files to that external drive on a regular schedule, then everything gets backed up to BackBlaze. Why didn't I think of that ages ago? There's a small evening project for after work today!
Have a look at Syncthing (free) for synchronizing the other machines to the big drive. My setup is Syncthing between 5 servers on 3 different locations + iDrive backup from one of the servers.

Feb 29, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #141,582 of 150,608
Makes good coffee, but is Swiss, which means you must use all their proprietary cleaning/filtering crap...down to RFID tags on the filters so you don't re-use them. They are crazy, but the machines are extremely reliable. We have one or more in both our locations.

Took the kiddos to DisneyWorld in late-covid, and came to realize the free refill cups actually needed RFID activation. Seriously!

Feb 29, 2024 at 11:22 PM Post #141,585 of 150,608
Perpetually five days behind... Anyway I have this on original vinyl. Picked out of a discount bin. Also on CD when it was first released (on CD). I'm also a fan of side 1/a. I don't know if people think it's cliched now but I fire it up on a regular basis and thoroughly enjoy it. Play it loud and let yourself get lost in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back