Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 18, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #136,771 of 154,427
Apple Music is constrained to Apple devices
Apple Music and Apple Music Classical are both on Android (Google Play Store). However, review ratings are low.

I believe Apple is also supported on Sonos. Apple has had a long relationship with Sonos (starting before Apple introduced HomePod speakers).

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 8:55 PM Post #136,773 of 154,427
Give it a listen... (Thank you, Roon recommendation engine.)

1000004329.jpg

Jan 18, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #136,774 of 154,427
Try to stream that to an external DAC...
I haven't tried it myself, but people seem to be able to stream Apple Music on Android through the USB port (not bit perfect – resampled to 48Khz). In my quick search I wasn't sure if UAPP supports Apple Music bit perfect and high res. Also it appears that Apple Music on Android supports Chromecast (but not Apple Music Classical).

Jan 18, 2024 at 9:09 PM Post #136,775 of 154,427
Apple Music and Apple Music Classical are both on Android (Google Play Store). However, review ratings are low.

I believe Apple is also supported on Sonos. Apple has had a long relationship with Sonos (starting before Apple introduced HomePod speakers).
Apple Music Classical on Android is like a smart but immature, underachieving student who spends all of his time doodling obscene pictures in class, learns nothing, and flunks out, then earns a living licking postage stamps until self-adhesive stamps make even his lowly job redundant and he gets put out to pasture.

Apple's nonchalance about improving their classical music offering makes me wonder whether they even give a schiit.

Jan 18, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #136,776 of 154,427
Yes. I converted an end table into a sub-woofer back in 1980. A 4.5 cubic foot enclosure now houses a Dayton DCS305 4 ohm driver tuned to 22.6 hz.
If you get two you can wire them 8 ohm

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 9:39 PM Post #136,777 of 154,427
My wife hates Led. Zeppelin, she says the vocals are like a dying cat. Sooo imagine my surprise when I find her jamming out to the Beth Hart Zeppelin tribute album.! She said she found it playing when she put my headphones on and fell in love.. :ksc75smile: :darthsmile:

Fulla E to Piety into my Grado 325e headphones.... And her mind was blown.

Edit she just announced she needs a Piety at her work station. :beerchug:

Cool!

I had never heard this and gave it a listen. I think I vastly prefer the originals for several reasons but the most important is I prefer the dying cat! :sunglasses:

Jan 18, 2024 at 10:09 PM Post #136,778 of 154,427
Everyone wants someone else to be taxed so that their favorite project can be funded.
Lots of "everyone"s and lots of "projects" and lots of taxes.

I want Elon to be taxed into oblivion so that my "Save The Lorax" project can proceed.
Maybe there is some of the $11B he paid in 2021 you can get hold of.

Jan 18, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #136,779 of 154,427
Realizing I've yet to dive into the internet radio functionality of my Cambridge Audio MXN10 streamer. I'll have to give Radio 3 a listen. I've found KWAX, the classical station from University of Oregon in Eugene that I've been listening to in my car for decades on there. They have really good programming, too.

Can you please 'splain about Apple Classical "adding notes"? I'm not sure what you're saying there. I've been thoroughly enjoying that app - one of the best things Apple's done* despite the frustrations with AirPlay - one of the worst things Apple's ever done, no matter how cool they still think it is. :/

*much of that app was designed by a third party they bought, so can't give Apple too much credit.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 10:38 PM Post #136,781 of 154,427
My wife hates Led. Zeppelin, she says the vocals are like a dying cat. Sooo imagine my surprise when I find her jamming out to the Beth Hart Zeppelin tribute album.! She said she found it playing when she put my headphones on and fell in love.. :ksc75smile: :darthsmile:

Fulla E to Piety into my Grado 325e headphones.... And her mind was blown.

Edit she just announced she needs a Piety at her work station. :beerchug:

She also said nothing happened with Jimmy the newspaper boy.

Lots of love to you and your lying wife. (meant in the best sense. I'm sure your wife is the salt of the earth. I'm just going for comedy).

Jan 18, 2024 at 10:38 PM Post #136,782 of 154,427
OP did mentioned that he test with the YGGY+ and the problem could be/ possibly there (XLR)... he will have a Topping DAC coming and test again.
OP? For this thread? I think that may be similar to "on topic".

I have some 23 on the way, the 25 is uber expensive.

In other news Peter Schickele passed away a couple days ago, better known as PDQ Bach. I saw him a couple times here at the university and he was an incredible performer. In his honor I am listening to his 1712 Overature and other musical Assaults.
Is there a PVW which isn't? I think most of their bottles are snatched up by people who have Siltech cables.

Give it a listen... (Thank you, Roon recommendation engine.)

1000004329.jpg
Just heard "Where's the Walrus?" while catching up here...

Jan 18, 2024 at 10:48 PM Post #136,783 of 154,427
Maybe there is some of the $11B he paid in 2021 you can get hold of.
Maybe I was talking about a different Elon? Possibly Elon J. Farnsworth? :wink:

My Loraxen (is that the plural?) will probably be waiting quite a bit longer....

P.S. there is no evidence I've been able to find, other than EM's claptrap, that he paid anywhere near that much in taxes.... Tesla, the company, paid $0.

Jan 18, 2024 at 11:02 PM Post #136,784 of 154,427
1705637028874.png

First time listening to this track on the Yggy+ MIB to Susvara, wow the overflowing amount of krill Planton is insane!

Jan 18, 2024 at 11:07 PM Post #136,785 of 154,427
Hey! I resemble that remark!!

** My wife says I never progressed beyond the level of an 18-year-old, to which I respond by thanking her and reminding her how lucky she is. She always leaves me hangin' on the high-five, though. :unamused:
Seem more like 13 or 14 like the rest of us...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back