Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 16, 2024 at 10:36 PM Post #136,621 of 152,723
Nice! Thanks haha

Ok swapped source output left and right, now the right speaker doesn’t work (it flipped)
keeping interconnects swapped at source output end, also swap same interconnects at preamp input (power down first, etc)

@dstrimbu my apologies for increasing the post AND page count, just trying to help a fellow Schiitizen with troubleshooting...

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 10:57 PM Post #136,622 of 152,723
keeping interconnects swapped at source output end, also swap same interconnects at preamp input (power down first, etc)

@dstrimbu my apologies for increasing the post AND page count, just trying to help a fellow Schiitizen with troubleshooting...
Ok swapped at the interconnect at preamp, and now the left speaker doesnt work (it flipped again)

And sorry for increasing post and page count! but i really love my schiit gear

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:06 PM Post #136,627 of 152,723
Ok swapped at the interconnect at preamp, and now the left speaker doesnt work (it flipped again)

And sorry for increasing post and page count! but i really love my schiit gear
As near as I can tell, The problem is In the preamp or earlier. If you switch to a different input does the problem go away? If so, it may be in that input stage in the preamp or, more likely, it is in the source connected to that input. So move that source to a different input position in the preamp and see of the problem follows. If the problem occurs no matter which input you select without moving the source, then it is likely in the preamp. If it follows the source then it is likely the source or the cable.

If you can try different cables, that might be a fast and easy fix. If not, do you have another preamp that you can swap out such as a Magni or something?

I assume you have shut everything down for a few minutes to let your components forget their troubles. I once put a Tyr into protection mode and only shutting the power off and unplugging it for a few minutes got it happy again.

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:06 PM Post #136,628 of 152,723
Really rare to see a cable go bad...
It could have had a rough upbringing or been bullied. One never knows what can drive a good cable to go bad. :smirk:

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 11:30 PM Post #136,629 of 152,723
It seemed that in one test he moved the cables maintaining source and problem followed. If that’s the case one cable is bad or connector is bad.
@toyer889 Please verify - Both ends of interconnects swapped left/right between source & pre and the problem is on same channel as originally reported

(Added)
Yggy+ can be further troubleshooted by swapping the internal left & right analog boards

If problem does not flip channels with left/right board swap, the problem is on the yggy main board. Else if it changes with board swap, then just boards can be sent for repair (best to ship these in conductive anti static bags like computer motherboards / video cards ship in) or just order a set of new LIM boards

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 11:45 PM Post #136,630 of 152,723
Source has a problem on one channel
The source that have problem is a yggy+, I ordered a cheap topping dac off amazon and will arrive tomorrow so i will test it out,
but i am honestly worry the repair for the yggy+ sending it back from Toronto + no warrenty (bought second handed) is going to cost a fortune,,

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:49 PM Post #136,631 of 152,723
As near as I can tell, The problem is In the preamp or earlier. If you switch to a different input does the problem go away? If so, it may be in that input stage in the preamp or, more likely, it is in the source connected to that input. So move that source to a different input position in the preamp and see of the problem follows. If the problem occurs no matter which input you select without moving the source, then it is likely in the preamp. If it follows the source then it is likely the source or the cable.

If you can try different cables, that might be a fast and easy fix. If not, do you have another preamp that you can swap out such as a Magni or something?

I assume you have shut everything down for a few minutes to let your components forget their troubles. I once put a Tyr into protection mode and only shutting the power off and unplugging it for a few minutes got it happy again.
It could be the preamp too, i tried all the input/ output but the problem still exists
I tried multiple cable, rca and xlr input/ ouput, still the same problem

I just sold my headphone amp, other wise i could use that as a preamp and test, but i did just bought a cheap topping dac from amazon and will test it out tomorrow if its the dac or the pre amp

Yes i tried to shut down and restart the dac and pre amp but the problem still exists

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:50 PM Post #136,632 of 152,723
Jan 16, 2024 at 11:53 PM Post #136,633 of 152,723
@toyer889 Please verify - Both ends of interconnects swapped left/right between source & pre and the problem is on same channel as originally reported
I swapped out to another pair of xlr cable, but the issue still exists
I did a test where, only use one good xlr cable
Connect from right output of the dac to the left and right channel of the pre amp input, they both sound good
Connect from left output of the dac to the left and right channel of the pre amp input, they both sounded bad

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #136,634 of 152,723
It could be the preamp too, i tried all the input/ output but the problem still exists
I tried multiple cable, rca and xlr input/ ouput, still the same problem

I just sold my headphone amp, other wise i could use that as a preamp and test, but i did just bought a cheap topping dac from amazon and will test it out tomorrow if its the dac or the pre amp

Yes i tried to shut down and restart the dac and pre amp but the problem still exists
I guess you could try taking the preamp out of the chain entirely. Find a quiet track (since you won’t be able to attenuate the levels) and plug the outputs of the DAC directly into the inputs of the Tyrs. If you don’t have the problem, then it’s in the preamp. If the problem still exists, it’s the DAC.

Actually probably the best suggestion I could make is to ignore anything I suggest.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back