Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 15, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #136,486 of 155,069

Attachments

• Jan 14 2024 squall2.jpg
    Jan 14 2024 squall2.jpg
    871.4 KB · Views: 0
Jan 15, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #136,489 of 155,069
What is formally known as 'The Gadget' is doomed... :wink:

Hmmm...Whenever I am around heavy marijuana enthusiasts that keep checking their watch and mentioning "420" ad nauseam I simply call them "nuzis". When they look aghast at me and squeal "How dare you?!" I reply: April 20th is Hitler's birfday and that "dope was a tool of the nuzis", i.e., a tool for tools and fools, et al. Hence the poopularity of the # 420

More often than not this shuts them up..

What does this have to do with the video shown? Nuffin. It just seemed as relevant to music and I know it does indeed shut up most stoners. At least for a while. :L3000:

Back to listening to "The Beatles - Live at the BBC". On a turntable.:beerchug:

Jan 15, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #136,490 of 155,069
edited (after reading post about using 2nd wall wart):
For the replacement unit, request a replacement wall wart too. discard your existing one (unless schiit wants is back for testing / failure analysis). wall wart may have intermittent short between primary and secondary windings, solder short, insulation failure,

@Ohno Schiitizen make sure that USB power adapter connected to the apple CCK is of old-school 5V only type and NOT one of the higher power (e.g. 20W) rapid charger USB-C types that has variable-voltage output.
Damn. I didn't consider the newer USB uberchargers (Gallium Nitride)... and how they MIGHT stress out audio kit. https://www.howtogeek.com/ugreen-nexode-pro-100w-3-port-gan-fast-charger-review/
I can't even imagine what the QA department at Schiit has to deal with. What hare-brained, novel variable will customers do next!? Eeek. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #136,492 of 155,069
Jan 15, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #136,494 of 155,069
The P word is very contagious just like viruses
We all know plankton breed like rabbits. I wonder what audio trait we can describe as "bunnies"?

I open and check after I smell the burnt, I never modify it.

It is connected to iPhone and streaming Apple Music via camera kit, suddenly it stop playing and I smell the burnt, the LED is not lit .... same as last year.
That's it right there. Haven't you been listening? Schiit is a Roon zone, we don't use Apple Music. Good luck with your trouble shooting.

Jan 15, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #136,495 of 155,069
Yes. I like the idea of taxing income when you spend it as opposed to when you earn it. Living in NC, I had property tax (cars, land and homes), a sales/use tax, and a state income tax. In Texas we currently have no income tax (and likely never will), a state sales/use tax (6.25%), and property tax (land and homes (not cars)).
My first and only out of TX job was in Oklahoma, first real job in general: “What’s this OK Tax line item on my paycheck? I am definitely NOT ok with that”.

Gonna get killed on property taxes next year - after the house fire my prop value will be thru the roof. But on the same mortgage - so first world problem I know. But a 10% cap on taxes going up regardless of market value will keep it okay for awhile.

Jan 15, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #136,496 of 155,069
Hmmm...Whenever I am around heavy marijuana enthusiasts that keep checking their watch and mentioning "420" ad nauseam I simply call them "nuzis". When they look aghast at me and squeal "How dare you?!" I reply: April 20th is Hitler's birfday and that "dope was a tool of the nuzis", i.e., a tool for tools and fools, et al. Hence the poopularity of the # 420

More often than not this shuts them up..

What does this have to do with the video shown? Nuffin. It just seemed as relevant to music and I know it does indeed shut up most stoners. At least for a while. :L3000:

Back to listening to "The Beatles - Live at the BBC". On a turntable.:beerchug:

One is not related to another. If anything, they’re kind of opposing.

Enjoy the Beatles.

Jan 15, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #136,497 of 155,069
Don’t forget that local tax authorities can add on to that tax, so in many places, it’s 8.25% (and major sin taxes, like 14.95% for on-premise alcohol with a mixed beverage permit).

Source.
And besides sin taxes, don't forget the taxing of NON voters in local elections: hotel and car rental taxes anyone?

Jan 15, 2024 at 8:50 PM Post #136,498 of 155,069
And just over-all gasoline prices. :wink:

Hotel and car rental taxes tend to affect tourists and business travelers more-so than the residents of a city or state. And if business-related, they are either a business write-off or reimbursed by the company.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 9:00 PM Post #136,500 of 155,069

Users who are viewing this thread

Back