Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 4, 2024 at 9:02 PM Post #134,972 of 150,278
This is likely the route I’m going. I still have my steel pier (nicely painted/finished, with in-built electrical outlets, etc) that I removed from my last observatory (a Backyard Observatories-built 10x12 roll off with a 4x10 warm room and 8x10 scope area. I had my AP130 and C11 side-by-side mounted. The AP and motorized focuser/field flattener/camera all mounted up is LONG, the C11 significantly shorter.

I’ve scoped out where in the yard, and plan to pour a pier. I don’t want to go the TeleGizmos route because it isn’t “permanent” enough. So likely will build some kinda miniature roll-off shed-type structure. Other projects come first: finishing the wine cellar build in the basement, moving my power conditioning and power amp to the basement, re-configuring the stereo so front end componentry is at listening end, 2 more rooms in the house to paint. THEN I can get to it…

The thought of installing/removing cameras and cabling and such like in the cold with my new arthritis-afflicted fingers doesn’t appeal. My gear did just fine in that unheated “shed” permanently setup for 11 years after all. And it’s still the same gear. TeleGizmos is for “short/mid-term” from my, and friends, experience.
PM sent. I suppose it'll have to be that way unless we get a point on the Sine Wave. There's a whole other website for this particular insanity, after all.

Jan 4, 2024 at 9:02 PM Post #134,973 of 150,278
haha what is this "retirement" you speak of? Sounds mythical.
It's the best time of my life. Really enjoying everything I do. If I don't enjoy it, I don't do it. 1 Yggy instead of 2 or more is a small price to pay for my Schitty happiness. :relaxed:

Jan 4, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #134,975 of 150,278
Which printer? I'm.loving my Bambu Labs.
It's an Ender-3, V2. Rather entry-level as these things go (from what I can tell) but then so is my knowledge. May pave the way for something greater and grander if I find a viable use for it other than being a toy. 🤣

Jan 4, 2024 at 9:24 PM Post #134,977 of 150,278
For me the benefits of using a service like Qobuz is that I find new music all the time.
Absolutely, and that's why I use Qobuz. When listening to the playlists that I've created (originally in Tidal, transferred over to Qobuz via Soundiz), I often click into the playing song, hit the "...", "View Artist" and scroll down to see "Similar Artists". I have found a TON of new music that way... and the SQ is pretty incredible, too.

Jan 4, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #134,980 of 150,278
I'm a Yggdrasil+ A2/OG owner and wonder if @Jason Stoddard has an update on the MIB upgrade card availability and price?

Jan 4, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #134,981 of 150,278
12256711.png

Dukas' L'apprenti Sorcier on this album is my favorite rendition of that composition. Really well recorded, and the performance itself is bursting with energy.

And yes, someone (the conductor, maybe?) is humming or mouthing along with some of the passages, which is a little annoying. But still, I love this recording.
James Levine made some fine recordings, but I can no longer bring myself to play any of them.

A pox on the classical music establishment that let him continue his career because he was a star conductor, instead of doing the right thing.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...se-allegations-against-conductor-james-levine

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 9:35 PM Post #134,983 of 150,278
Jan 4, 2024 at 9:38 PM Post #134,984 of 150,278

Users who are viewing this thread

Back