Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 21, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #133,501 of 154,140
I'll be drinking a juicy Great Notion Brewing Hazy IPA called Dune while watching my grain-of-sand-on-Arrakis chance at winning the Schiit gear fail. :wink:
I'll forgo the weed tonight and crack open some Neustadt Springs Brewery cans (too far away from my new home to pick up growlers). :ksc75smile:

EDIT... oh, and... reduce... the.... resolution.... .... of.... my..... ..... conECTioN. Eastlink ISP and DSL modem. 10Mbps download peak. Oh yeahhhhhh. ***.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #133,502 of 154,140
Why is it an either/or scenario? :thinking:

Dec 21, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #133,504 of 154,140
First live stream I’ll have been able to catch! Just ordered a Yggy GS2 this afternoon to enhance my giveaway odds due to the absurdity that would create. Excited that worst case scenario is letting the MJ3 stretch its legs a bit more :)

Dec 21, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #133,505 of 154,140
I also picked up one of these fancy American tubes. Haven’t tried it yet. Figured it would be a nice backup. I do wish it came a little taller or with a grippier surface.
IMG_4199.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #133,507 of 154,140
Leaning a bit to the right, too.

** I'm a bit on the fence as to whether the new dome units or the OG flat-tops look better.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #133,508 of 154,140
Any beverages picked out yet? I have time to swing by total wine and drink along. :)

'See' you all later on the video. I'm SUUUPER excited about the digital side in '24.
I'm going French with my drink, I have a 2016 Château Angélus decanted and waiting for me to finish up work. My office Schiit stack playing through Piega speakers is playing Jon Batiste's World Music Radio while I finish up. This guy is SO talented!

Dec 21, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #133,509 of 154,140
Casamigos Reposado Pineapple Marg followed by a Tanqueray Gin Aviation. :wink:

Dec 21, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #133,512 of 154,140
K, not to be difficult but....

Maybe a comparably expensive AES/EBU cable would be even better than the expensive USB cable?

Also, didn't catch, USB cable between Yggy and what?
Fair question..... you're not being difficult...!:slight_smile:
It's quite possibly that you're right. I don't have the time, money, or inclination to try out lots of other cables, USB or AES/EBU, and anyway it's not good for my latent nervosa, which I try not to aggravate (too much)! :thermometer_face:. I have a couple of decent 'audiophile' AES/EBU cables which I bought s/h on fleabay, and as I said they were both on a par with the inexpensive USB, that I was using to connect my URD to the Yggy OG A2, up until the Curious arrived. I don't often buy expensive cables, but I took a punt on the Curious Evolved and happily it paid off. Like nearly everyone on here, I am a big fan of Schiit, and the fact that they developed their ownUnison USB, reassured me that I this method of connection would be extremely good, so my thinking was to provide a very good connection between URD and Yggy.
I can't really comment on computer audio, as I have a large CD collection and these are my only source. On my fairly portable system, My only non CD listening is occasionaly streaming internet radio, (mainly All Classical Portland), using a Macbook via a Chord Mojo DAC and HD580 'phones.

Dec 21, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #133,513 of 154,140
From the drinking plans above I say we should take any audio advice with a great grain of salt. :)
Well, there will be salt on the rim of my margarita glass. 😏

Dec 21, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #133,514 of 154,140
Hey all,

Just a quick reminder that the Schiitrmeet year-end wrapup is tonight. If you're in the area, come on by.

SchiitrMeet December
Thursday, December 21
6-10PM PST (GMT-8)

22508 Market Street
Newhall, CA 91321

If you're not in the area, you can watch here.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZqCWt2_qqB-UD0-pcPpxCw
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/

Oh yeah, and a bribe: we'll be giving away 2024 products--all digital introduced in 2024 to one person, all analog to another. Come by or comment on the video to enter.

All the best,
Jason
That’s awesome, hope it goes well.

Best of luck to all that enter.

Dec 21, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #133,515 of 154,140
I'll forgo the weed tonight and crack open some Neustadt Springs Brewery cans (too far away from my new home to pick up growlers). :ksc75smile:

EDIT... oh, and... reduce... the.... resolution.... .... of.... my..... ..... conECTioN. Eastlink ISP and DSL modem. 10Mbps download peak. Oh yeahhhhhh. ***.
Again, investigate Starlink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back