Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 14, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #132,946 of 155,177
I have no issue with 'musical'. Musical as it sounds like live instruments not coming from a box with clear electronic reproduction. I find that a good test of a system is to listen to the system away from the listening spot, say from a close hallway or a room nearby and see if it sounds like the sound of a box or if it is possible to imagine an ensemble is playing nearby. Like the sound experience we have approaching a live orchestra playing deep in a concert hall as we enter the concert hall. If it reminds me that it's live, it's musical, if it sounds contrived - not musical. We all know what live music sounds like, or we should.

That was one of the Stereophile terms I  did like. The LIAR test. As in Listen In Another Room. If e.g. It sounded like someone was in the next room playing a real piano, your hi-fi was doing something right.

Don't remember who came up with it, though.

Dec 14, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #132,947 of 155,177
Dec 14, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #132,948 of 155,177
Far be it for me to disagree with Jason on something he says about his own products, but even the Mjolnir 3 on top of the Gungnir gets borderline too hot for my taste. At least without spacers, the Gungnir's metal heats up quite a bit with a Mjolnir 3 on top. That's not the Gungnir being unable to dissipate its own heat, but getting heated up by the Mjolnir sitting on it. This might not necessarily harm the Gungnir, but it's not great, either.
With spacers, however, it's fine. (I've been using cheap Amazon-sourced large-ish cork stoppers. Others like to use HVAC anti-vibration pads.)

But yes, anything on top of the Mjolnir is definitely a bad idea.
Cheapskate. Just a few more dollars for that extra 0.03% improvement. No brainer. 🤣

1702596493457.png

Dec 14, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #132,949 of 155,177
I bought a bunch of those fancy-smancy Herbies Tenderfeet and with the MJ3's vibration I think this is a splendid time to employ them. The tall ones will be great for some airspace under the MJ3 too.
I really like the Tenderfeet, and I don't typically care for "compliant" type footers. Tenderfeet are what sorbothane should have been, rather than the life-sucking, soul-crushing, dynamic-destroying glob of goo that it ended up being. Not that I have an opinion, of course. 🤣

Dec 14, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #132,950 of 155,177
I know. Pouring an alcoholic beverage into a piece of electronics seems like a more realistic test given some of the folks here! (Myself included). 😄

I spilled a beer into my home built hackintosh about four years ago. The magic smoke came out and it's still sitting in the corner looking at me balefully...I

Dec 14, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #132,951 of 155,177
I really like the Tenderfeet, and I don't typically care for "compliant" type footers. Tenderfeet are what sorbothane should have been, rather than the life-sucking, soul-crushing, dynamic-destroying glob of goo that it ended up being. Not that I have an opinion, of course. 🤣
You were somewhat vague in your opinion. Could you please be a little more direct?

Dec 14, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #132,954 of 155,177
I spilled a beer into my home built hackintosh about four years ago. The magic smoke came out and it's still sitting in the corner looking at me balefully...I
Bummer. Not only fried electronics, but wasted beer.

On a related note, my son can confirm from experience that an iPhone 15 is not submersible. Phone + Teenager = thank God for insurance. 🤣

Dec 14, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #132,956 of 155,177
I go into my Venmo account about once a year. Today, I found that I had accumulated a little over a thousand dollars. That and the fact I can get Yiggy + GS2 cheap, I had to do it. I ordered this afternoon and a couple hours later, I'm notified that it has shipped. I figure if all the extremely positive comments are some of conspiracy, I can sell the Yiggy down the line. :scream: However, I believe that I'm in for some sonic surprises! YMMV of course.

Leo

Dec 14, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #132,957 of 155,177
You were somewhat vague in your opinion. Could you please be a little more direct?
Sure. Sorbothane is ***** ***** ***** that ***** ***** *****, and ******* ****** ******** with ****** ****** *****.

That help any? 🤣 🤣

Dec 14, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #132,958 of 155,177
Sure. Sorbothane is ***** ***** ***** that ***** ***** *****, and ******* ****** ******** with ****** ****** *****.

That help any? 🤣 🤣
Not any more than your usual communications skills.
@ Paladin79 warned me about guys like you.
P. S. Welcome to the state of Georgia, suffer like the rest of us.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #132,960 of 155,177
Reference to the SchiitrMeet on December 21, from Denise. Even though my chances of winning will be greatly diminished by posting this 😏

"It’s for all attendees and online viewers as well.

All you need to do is watch the meet live on our Facebook page or YouTube channel, post a comment and you will automatically be entered to win. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back