Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 22, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #130,936 of 152,851
Let's call this what it is... THEFT. I have a DAC that sounds fine and there's always been... "I wonder what one of the Yggy DACs would sound like?"... the good news was they were always expensive enough to make the idea go away. Now. This. So, now I can buy this DAC and get sucked into the "Hmmm, I wonder what that upgrade will sound like?" It's Bovine Scatology. What options do I have now? I have to buy the DAC; otherwise, "Well, I'm definitely *losing money* if I don't buy it now." You might as well be taking $1,800 out of my wallet.

Thanks for nothing, jerk!
Nothing? Really? You just earned a grand just by buying that GS2! 🤣

Speaking of which…

1700677981573.png

We've all known for a looong time that Yggdrasil is a magical device.
But just how magical it is becomes evident in the photo above: Serial number stickers that are only visible in reflections! 🤣

Nov 22, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #130,937 of 152,851
@Jason Stoddard, curious if there is an update to Modius in the works?

There are always updates we're working on. On everything. Always.

But nothing imminent.

What I want to know is whether a firmware update can fix modius e regarding the imd hump that schiit solved for modi + and the unity card. I love my modius e within the Asgard 3 modius e stack at my listening station, but I am curious if it’s possible to fix imd hump on modius e without a new pcb. (FWIW I can’t actually hear that there is an imd hump so this is a checking off the boxes kind of fix I’m asking about)

The IMD hump is already minimized in Modi+ and Modius. Without correction, it's 20-30dB.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 22, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #130,938 of 152,851
There are always updates we're working on. On everything. Always.

But nothing imminent.

The IMD hump is already minimized in Modi+ and Modius. Without correction, it's 20-30dB.
I had no idea Modius E already fixed the hump! I must have missed the measurement reports when looking at modius e. Thanks for clarifying that for me. More reason to be happy with my Asgard 3 Modius E stack!

Also I had no clue that uncorrected the hump is 20-30dB that’s wild

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #130,940 of 152,851
Only if you use USB. 😉

Nov 22, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #130,941 of 152,851
Let's call this what it is... THEFT. I have a DAC that sounds fine and there's always been... "I wonder what one of the Yggy DACs would sound like?"... the good news was they were always expensive enough to make the idea go away. Now. This. So, now I can buy this DAC and get sucked into the "Hmmm, I wonder what that upgrade will sound like?" It's Bovine Scatology. What options do I have now? I have to buy the DAC; otherwise, "Well, I'm definitely *losing money* if I don't buy it now." You might as well be taking $1,800 out of my wallet.

I ran out of excuses not to submit. Mine’s ordered. Of course Unison and even silver.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #130,942 of 152,851
I ran out of excuses not to submit. Mine’s ordered. Of course Unison and even silver.
The silver would help it blend in with my Ayre gear, but here's the problem... the dogs know the sound of the truck. And then there's the quick "double beep" of the horn, and the door rolling back and slamming the latch. A few seconds later, there's the beep of it being scanned. Then..."What did you order now?" If I can time it for when the dog food is being delivered, it will be a passing ripple...or, worst case, "Well there's this thing I'm trying with the stereo". (Eyes roll...). Done.|

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #130,943 of 152,851
Dear God, it's BEAUTIFUL!!!

@Jason Stoddard , Pleeeease tell us you made some extra brushed aluminum covers for all us Mjolnir 3 'first batchers' that would much prefer that finish!! :sweat_smile:

And if they're available, how do I buy one?

Thanks.

MJ3 Silver Covers - set your email alarm for early December according to Alx

silver-mj3-cover-request.png

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #130,944 of 152,851

jeez, what kind of self-serving nonsense is this. Have a back bone, man. If you have a DAC you like then live with it! I hope your rant is kidding around.

Nov 22, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #130,945 of 152,851
I like that phrase and did look it up to make sure it meant what I thought (yes)! I knew I didn't need the GS when I put it in the cart and first thing I did was check the cost to upgrade to a higher model. I'll just save a few more bucks and enjoy my Bifrost 2! Yet...it still calls out to me :heart_eyes:
It's calling to me too. The Bifrost 2/64 is so good, as is the Mojo 2 that ironically works better in my 2 channel system than with the Jotunheim 2. But I wants one.

Nov 22, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #130,946 of 152,851
Wait a sec…

…a black Yggdrasil+ GS2 is $1,799.00…
…a pair of OG cards is $850.00…
…a black Yggdrasil+ OG is $2,699.00…

…which means that you could essentially get yourself an Yggy+ GS2 and a pair of brand-new OG cards for fifty bucks LESS than what an Yggy+ OG costs?

Jason was right. This isn't a sale, it's complete madness! 😳

Nov 22, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #130,948 of 152,851
@Jason Stoddard I LOVE that Schiit is finding a use for these cards! And selling them at a price you can upgrade almost for retail cost, later!!!!!!!!!

Will there be MIB cards coming out?

Are you not worried that you are gimping Loki and Modi sales a bit? Maybe Vali sells more vs. Magni than I thought, but I have assumed Vali sells maybe a half of Magni?

Love the brushed aluminum look, almost grabbed one, but decided to grab the Heretic instead to see if I can hear a difference from my Magni+.

Great work, sir!! You and your crew should be Times Magazine's Company of the Year.

You seem to do everything the way I hope American companies do things.

Except answer stupid questions sent to the shop.

Nov 22, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #130,949 of 152,851
jeez, what kind of self-serving nonsense is this. Have a back bone, man. If you have a DAC you like then live with it! I hope your rant is kidding around.
I don't know what he meant, but when I read the post my impression was that he was trying to be funny.

Nov 22, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #130,950 of 152,851
@Jason Stoddard I LOVE that Schiit is finding a use for these cards! And selling them at a price you can upgrade almost for retail cost, later!!!!!!!!!

Will there be MIB cards coming out?

Eventually. Probably sometime in December.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back