Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 20, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #128,912 of 150,608
Oct 20, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #128,914 of 150,608
Love Lake Street Dive and Rachel Price. Probably my current favorite female singer.
If you're looking for something jazzier than LSD search your favorite streaming service for Rachel & Vilray. Very nice. :beerchug:
When I'm looking for something jazzier than LSD I go directly The Grateful Dead. :joy_cat:

Oct 20, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #128,916 of 150,608
The best new place to put my Ragnarok 1 would be on top of my computer case (it's a large case). But doing that it would mean 12" away from a NVidia GTX1080Ti graphics card.

I can't test it, since my current cable lengths are just enough for the current setup, and now I need the space to add more stuff. IDK how noisy those things are, since it's digital noise vs analog noise. Plus the operating frequencies aren't even in the same ballpark (GHz vs a 20-20K Hz?). I'm thinking the computer power supply would be a bigger issue, and that's 2ft away. Bad idea?

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #128,917 of 150,608
So I mostly diy stuff however I really liked the Mjolnir 3, it was introduced as a limited run of 500 units. So I sent an inquiry to Schitt where they were in the run as I would like to purchase one in 30 days or if is close to the end of the run now and would have to put it on a credit card and purchase it now. The response had the ambivalence of a machine or the apathy of a human “I'm sorry but I am unable to determine if a certain product will be available within a certain timeframe”. I could understand if this were a regular production run however given the nature of a limited production run I felt a little put off. Now I am ambivalent and apathetic about purchasing the unit. I guess I was under the wrong assumption these people were different than the other audio manufacturers.
Bill
You sure you're a DIY guy?

sorry, that's not fair. It is true that Schiit is kind of a 'go figure it out for yourself' company. But, when it comes to actually fixing your Schiit for the right price, they're on the job.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #128,918 of 150,608
This Yggy review - LINK - states:

"... It seems that Mike Moffat and company did a stellar job with the latest version of the Yggdrasil ($2,599). If you are looking to save a little money on the purchase, I would recommend the Schiit Yggdrasil More Is Less ($2,349). For the most analog sounding device of the three, the Less Is More ($2,199). ..."

Another Schiitr reviewer in a blind session preferred the LIM and claimed MM did too. So if the LIM sounds analog (and music is analog) what does the OG sound? Less analog? More digital? Just asking...

Oct 20, 2023 at 11:17 PM Post #128,919 of 150,608
Thunderbolt cables require active electronics to maintain high data-transfer speeds over more than short lengths. See, e.g., here. It's not an Apple-specific thing.
Ty all.

Oct 20, 2023 at 11:32 PM Post #128,920 of 150,608
“You sure you're a DIY guy?

sorry, that's not fair. It is true that Schiit is kind of a 'go figure it out for yourself' company. But, when it comes to actually fixing your Schiit for the right price, they're on the job.”

There are many times I cannot build a piece for the price they offer, and Jason is a very talented engineer and I like his designs. I also recommend them when someone ask me to build something for them. I was just disappointed in their staff, there could have been a dozen better ways for them to make that statement that would have iterated they care about their customers that was not one. If they are going to state they are different and they care I think they would like to know when they are not being perceived that way.

Besides if I am not a diy guy why do I have all this crap on my bench

Attachments

• IMG_0111.jpeg
    IMG_0111.jpeg
    1,001.6 KB · Views: 0
Oct 21, 2023 at 12:32 AM Post #128,922 of 150,608
Maybe you'll be happy to hear that BoneyM doesn't have a single Christmas album.

But I'll bet you'll be even *happier* to know that they have several!

Yeah, granted there are some remixes and repeats, but seriously, who doesn't want to spend all of Christmas Day listening to Boney M?

Awesome.
I'll take Chip Davis over this all day. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back