Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 20, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #128,882 of 151,180
Tidal, probably other streaming venues and at your favorite record shop. Oh wow, what happened to all of them?
Lol. Let me offer you something tasty that I picked up here, Rachael Price and Lake Shore Dive. I watch them in the evenings on You Tube. There are a lot of knowledgeable people that post here. Some sillier than others. You bumped into a good thread.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #128,883 of 151,180
😳 Is that just syrupy glue drizzled over the top of all the components?!

That alone would decide this contest for me - the Mani has to be leagues better than that. Even just for peace of mind. Yikes.

Yup, Mani 2 definitely looks way better than the Grado:

mani%202%20pcb%201920.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #128,884 of 151,180
So I mostly diy stuff however I really liked the Mjolnir 3, it was introduced as a limited run of 500 units. So I sent an inquiry to Schitt where they were in the run as I would like to purchase one in 30 days or if is close to the end of the run now and would have to put it on a credit card and purchase it now. The response had the ambivalence of a machine or the apathy of a human “I'm sorry but I am unable to determine if a certain product will be available within a certain timeframe”. I could understand if this were a regular production run however given the nature of a limited production run I felt a little put off. Now I am ambivalent and apathetic about purchasing the unit. I guess I was under the wrong assumption these people were different than the other audio manufacturers.
Bill

Oct 20, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #128,885 of 151,180
Lol. Let me offer you something tasty that I picked up here, Rachel Price and Lake Shore Dive. I watch them in the evenings on You Tube. There are a lot of knowledgeable people that post here. Some sillier than others. You bumped into a good thread.
Love Lake Street Dive and Rachel Price. Probably my current favorite female singer.
If you're looking for something jazzier than LSD search your favorite streaming service for Rachel & Vilray. Very nice. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #128,886 of 151,180
So I mostly diy stuff however I really liked the Mjolnir 3, it was introduced as a limited run of 500 units. So I sent an inquiry to Schitt where they were in the run as I would like to purchase one in 30 days or if is close to the end of the run now and would have to put it on a credit card and purchase it now. The response had the ambivalence of a machine or the apathy of a human “I'm sorry but I am unable to determine if a certain product will be available within a certain timeframe”. I could understand if this were a regular production run however given the nature of a limited production run I felt a little put off. Now I am ambivalent and apathetic about purchasing the unit. I guess I was under the wrong assumption these people were different than the other audio manufacturers.
Bill
There's thirteen hundred and fifty-two guitar pickers in Nashville.

Oct 20, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #128,887 of 151,180
Maybe this can help on the remote discussion above, but I use connect a Xantech AC-1 12v trigger off of my AV Receiver to turn on and off my power amps, EQ, Amp switcher, USB charger and Freya+. Have been using 2 of them for years and just bought a 3rd one with IR capabilities (model Xantech AC-2) for the Outdoor tv and speakers.

I can't see why this won't power on/off Tyrs/Vidars/Aegirs. 15A should be plenty for two, but it's cheap enough, get two.
https://xantech.com/node/2092.html11

Dang. That looks like a good, simple solution to a niche problem. Unfortunately I couldn't find a retailer up in Canada... 😢😢

Oct 20, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #128,888 of 151,180
Bill
I'm not entirely sure what you expect, to be completely honest…

Schiit is a privately owned company, and as such they are under no obligation to share sales numbers with the public.

And for a product like Mjolnir 3, it's nearly impossible to predict sales upfront. Even the performance of the first run has little predictive value for how the second run will go. For one, the first run was planned to be the only one (kinda like Folkvangr had set the precedent), so there was somewhat higher pressure on people to buy one as soon as it came out, lest they risked missing out on picking one up. And second, that was the summer and now we're nearing the holiday season, with stuff like Christmas and year-end bonuses and 13th salary and all that. Meaning sales for the second run could easily go either way. Which way is really hard to predict with any level of certainty.

So, if they had responded to you with some sort of number, it would a) have been a mostly random one, and b) entirely useless.

Being honest with you instead of giving you some BS number just to make you feel better? That's pretty different than the other audio manufacturers to me!

But I'm just yet another Schiit fanboi, so what do I know… ;p

Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If Folkvangr is any indication, you'll be able to pick up mint condition Mjolnir 3s on the used market for years to come. And there will probably also be B-stock units available from time to time for a while as well. So even if you missed out on the second run — which I somewhat doubt — you'll still be able to find one for yourself through alternative channels.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #128,890 of 151,180
Oct 20, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #128,892 of 151,180
Bill
I’m not sure what it issue is. The Mjolnir 3 is listed on the site and will ship in November. I don’t see what would prevent you from ordering one. If you don’t want the uncertainly, order it on the credit card rather than waiting the 30 days. Obviously sales can be a bit unpredictable so my take is that Schiit was simply being honest and direct.

Oct 20, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #128,895 of 151,180

Users who are viewing this thread

Back