Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 13, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #128,341 of 150,446
Well, I've skulked back onto the forum for the first time in a very long while to say that I just placed my order for Skoll, after reading Jason's chapter on it.

Work and life have been particularly chaotic this past year and change, and I haven't been browsing Jason's blog since I pulled the trigger on Folkvangr back in July '22. I was only made aware of Skoll when I received the email from Schiit announcing it (and Hel+ and Midgard)--has Schiit ever released 3 products at once?--this morning. Man, I didn't realize I'd been away so long.

There are so many new products: Rekkr, Gjallahorn, Midgard, Kara, Urd (!!), Syn, and (what?) a Mjolnir 3? I'm on rather a tight budget these days getting my last child through college, so I probably can't sink more funds into another audio purchase for a while, but Jason & company have indeed been busy. (I know I have to go back and peruse a couple of thousand posts to get current, but would anyone be willing to chime in to give me their two cents on Urd and M3?).

I've enjoyed both the original Mani and Mani 2, but I've been hoping for an upgraded phono preamp from Schiit for a very long time. Can't wait to try out Skoll.

Hope everyone is doing well. Happy listening!

Oct 13, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #128,342 of 150,446
Well, I've skulked back onto the forum for the first time in a very long while to say that I just placed my order for Skoll, after reading Jason's chapter on it.

Work and life have been particularly chaotic this past year and change, and I haven't been browsing Jason's blog since I pulled the trigger on Folkvangr back in July '22. I was only made aware of Skoll when I received the email from Schiit announcing it (and Hel+ and Midgard)--has Schiit ever released 3 products at once?--this morning. Man, I didn't realize I'd been away so long.

There are so many new products: Rekkr, Gjallahorn, Midgard, Kara, Urd (!!), Syn, and (what?) a Mjolnir 3? I'm on rather a tight budget these days getting my last child through college, so I probably can't sink more funds into another audio purchase for a while, but Jason & company have indeed been busy. (I know I have to go back and peruse a couple of thousand posts to get current, but would anyone be willing to chime in to give me their two cents on Urd and M3?).

I've enjoyed both the original Mani and Mani 2, but I've been hoping for an upgraded phono preamp from Schiit for a very long time. Can't wait to try out Skoll.

Hope everyone is doing well. Happy listening!
Welcome Back! Ya know that's a year and a half of missed cat pictures?? Finnegan alone is reason to stay active on here.

Oct 13, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #128,344 of 150,446
I'm curious what are the top selling schiit products?
Magni for sure. Probably also Modi. SYS might be up there as well. Asgard, Vidar, Jotunheim, Saga S, Freya S/Kara, Bifrost, and Vali tend to get a lot of mentions, too, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do pretty well, also.

But I don't actually know. That's based on nothing else but what people seem to talk about the most.

Fulla and Hel might actually do pretty well, too, but aren't really talked about much by people on forums. But that doesn't mean much, those two are aiming more for the gamer and video chat crowd and they wouldn't necessarily post to audio forums.

Oct 13, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #128,346 of 150,446
The true desktop pieces given the size and pricing would seem a natural for sales volume.

Oct 13, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #128,352 of 150,446
Team Black all the way through my upgrade path :black_circle::black_large_square::black_small_square::eight_pointed_black_star:🐈‍⬛
IMG_2890.JPG
IMG_3654.JPG
IMG_5785.JPG

Oct 13, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #128,354 of 150,446
I am an accountant, but I still miss the forklift gig, best job I ever had. Lifting pallets is the same as lifting excel rows, right? right!
I wanted to slap this on my car so bad:

Attachments

• Resized_r2loc393dsa91.jpeg
    Resized_r2loc393dsa91.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 0
Oct 13, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #128,355 of 150,446
Team Black all the way through my upgrade path :black_circle::black_large_square::black_small_square::eight_pointed_black_star:🐈‍⬛
IMG_2890.JPGIMG_3654.JPGIMG_5785.JPG
I can't see anything there...

But hey, what's that cool red stuff? I want one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back