Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 13, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #128,327 of 155,114
On July 5th,1976 I was actually driving a forklift. Some of you may note that the previous day was our country's 200th birthday. I had celebrated long and hard. So on the 5th I was not well rested. I took a corner too fast and dropped a thousand pounds or so of C-channel. No one was hurt and no equipment was damaged, other than a chain which snapped. (The bundle of C-channel was wrapped in a chain.) So only my ego was affected. By 2026, the next big celebration, I will probably be out of the workforce.
Between 64' and 68' I worked P/T for US Plywood Corp. in Huntingdon Valley. Our facility had a railroad siding and we would offload 55 gallon drums of liquid paints, stains, varnishes, chemical products of a wood -preservative nature. We would put 4 drums on a palette and stack the pallets 4 or 5 high in the warehouse area until they were scheduled to package and label (typically in 1 to 5 gallon cans), and carton-ize them for retail sales to hardware stores, etc. In addition to the possibility of being gassed with toxic fumes, stacking the pallets of drums 4 to 5 high was pretty exciting work that I took deadly serious as the chicken wire cage of the forklift wouldn't stop Jack or Schiit in an avalanche of barrels.

But every company seems to have one A-hole who screws around thinking he's funny. When he climbed into the forklift everyone took an outside break.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #128,329 of 155,114
Not a fan for balanced controls or pentacom.
Old school like the big honky phone plugs and XLR.
But I dont do portable at all.
So thats my use case.

Have always strived to have playback with the least amount of stuff in the chain.
The best chain is a live concert! (well some of them arent so good as well!).
Amount of drugs and alcohol consumed and seating position!! LOL!

But seriously for years when getting a shiny new SX 1250 or Sony 6065 all tone controls were at "0" or neutral.
Then we looked for source material that was well recorded and mastered.

A very difficult task for some material and some well never going to be great.

Similar thing with speakers and cans...they all sound differently etc...so many variables.

There is only one variable that I have found that really matters ALOT for me.

Stop listening for a few days.
Start listening again and its like "new" all over!
Wonder whats that telling me?

:>)
Alex

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #128,330 of 155,114
Oct 13, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #128,333 of 155,114
Yeah BUT this would not be a $299 price tag!
Oooof!

I am ok with a cost affordable version for us retirees!!
LOL!

:>)
Alex

What? You can actually afford to retire? Must be nice. :smirk:

**2 more years of nursing school tuition / books / rent, etc., for my youngest and then MAYBE it'll be my time. (No student loans for me.)

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #128,335 of 155,114
Oct 13, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #128,336 of 155,114
On July 5th,1976 I was actually driving a forklift. Some of you may note that the previous day was our country's 200th birthday. I had celebrated long and hard. So on the 5th I was not well rested. I took a corner too fast and dropped a thousand pounds or so of C-channel. No one was hurt and no equipment was damaged, other than a chain which snapped. (The bundle of C-channel was wrapped in a chain.) So only my ego was affected. By 2026, the next big celebration, I will probably be out of the workforce.
For awhile, I was a "bone man," driving around construction sites in one of these...
101323bone.jpg

Though I doubt the aged muffler did my long-term hearing any favors...

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #128,338 of 155,114

Attachments

• mj3-preorder-silver-top.png
    mj3-preorder-silver-top.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 0
Oct 13, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #128,339 of 155,114
Contacted and looks like pre-ordering just a silver MJ3 top is not a thing (at least yet - see attached)
Will get ready for the silver top dash in mid-November :cold_sweat:
I received a similar response this morning. Hopefully it’ll be obvious when we’re able to order the silver chassis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back