Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 6, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #127,816 of 151,154
McNuggets… “Made with white meat chicken” is a marketing truth / moral ambiguity that made someone a bloody fortune.

What's a few missing adjectives between friends? Most people don't even know what "mechanically separated" and "slurry" actually mean, so they're omitted solely to avoid confusion. Yeah, that's it.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #127,817 of 151,154
When I was working in Germany, McDonald's ran a special called "Big Rosti." Just like that, in English. It was a quarter pounder with a same-sized slab of rosti potatoes on top. Quite tasty, actually. A nice break from the schnitzel and saurkraut.
Oops ... looks like they caught on! https://www.mcdonalds.com/de/de-de/product/big-rsti-6486.html

Oct 6, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #127,818 of 151,154
When I was working in Germany, McDonald's ran a special called "Big Rosti." Just like that, in English. It was a quarter pounder with a same-sized slab of rosti potatoes on top. Quite tasty, actually. A nice break from the schnitzel and saurkraut.
Oops ... looks like they caught on! https://www.mcdonalds.com/de/de-de/product/big-rsti-6486.html
I'm in! Give me 2 please. And 2 McRibs. Pure decadence. And it's good for you too. McDonald's wouldn't make something that was bad for us.

Oct 6, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #127,819 of 151,154
Hello Jason. With all of the new stuff being released, is there any roadmap for a Rag2 refresh? Maybe a Rag 3?....with chokes?...how about an added 2/64 bifrost expansion card equivalent. Can't wait for the new phono pre-amp.

I do understand that the new amp would mostly benefit the MC universe. Would there be any difference/improvement over the Mani 2 regarding some higher end MM's?

Thank you

Oct 6, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #127,820 of 151,154
I want an MJ3. But NOW doesn't fit in my timeline.
Not to worry. You'll always be able to find pristine examples in the classifieds for years to come. Just take Folkvangr as a case in point.

99+% of humanity can't be bothered to get Bluetooth working to play music off their phones...
Maybe because even after having gotten it to work semi-reliably after the eighth attempt at pairing, it will still sound like Louisiana swamp-a$$ on a particularly muggy summer's day.

If you could get Bluetooth audio to work reliably and have it sound nearly as pleasant as an uncompressed audio stream over a wired connection? Now that might change things.

After being unplugged for three hours, and having to watch modi+ soldier on in her place, she decided to function perfectly again. So I’m in the “stray electrons” theory area now. Othewise known in the military as FM. Or, in polite-er company, “effin’ magic”. I don’t know. So moving along, obviously nada to see here. 🤷🏼
Sometimes you just gotta suffer a little for the magic.

Speaking of…
Feel free to trust me when I tell you that you're gonna like this guy:

1696600618999.jpeg

Currently listening to Lissie's album Back to Forever. It's all there, none of the detail is getting lost in all that lush and spacious toobey goodness. It won't punch like the Mjolnir 3 that you're currently enjoying, of course. There's no perfectly tuned chokes and tightly matched transistors in this box after all. Instead, it gently cradles you into the aural equivalent of a big old La-Z-Boy that you can easily dwell in. All. 👏🏻 Day. 👏🏻 Long. 👏🏻

Turns out that having lived on the floor under a pile of random stuff in the corner of an office for who knows how many years was the way to go for this one. Aged like fine wine. 👨🏻‍🍳👌🏻

And a big Thank You! to @Jason Stoddard for making all this Schiit possible in the first place. You know what you've done.

Oct 6, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #127,821 of 151,154
Maybe because even after having gotten it to work semi-reliably after the eighth attempt at pairing, it will still sound like Louisiana swamp-a$$ on a particularly muggy summer's day.

If you could get Bluetooth audio to work reliably and have it sound nearly as pleasant as an uncompressed audio stream over a wired connection? Now that might change things.

I've been pretty pleased with 900kbps LDAC to a FiiO BTR5 and driving Blessing 2s. Yes my home rig is still better, but it also costs 20x as much.

Oct 6, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #127,822 of 151,154
I'm in! Give me 2 please. And 2 McRibs. Pure decadence. And it's good for you too. McDonald's wouldn't make something that was bad for us.
Nah - I never ' got on ' with McDonalds - always found the packaging tasted better than the food !! Best fast food burgers in UK - Burger King RAF Bentwaters circa 1989 !! Gert Lush !!!!

Oct 6, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #127,823 of 151,154
Nah - I never ' got on ' with McDonalds - always found the packaging tasted better than the food !! Best fast food burgers in UK - Burger King RAF Bentwaters circa 1989 !! Gert Lush !!!!
I like to treat myself to "junk food" every now and then. Burger King, Checkers, McDonald's, Taco Smell, etc. But not a once a week thing. I love my body more.

Oct 6, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #127,824 of 151,154
Oct 6, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #127,826 of 151,154
Oct 6, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #127,827 of 151,154
…. Imagine cleaning tube pins, tube adapter pins, RCA sockets, IEC power prongs … 😥
no thanks! dusting is all I can manage, and that under some form of coercion....

Oct 6, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #127,828 of 151,154
Crazy product request to Mike, Ivana, Dave...

A DAC with a switch that turns a recording into a binaural recording. Or a digital Loki with the same... Head related transfer function optional :) but tweakable. Yeah, that's the ticket...!

Oct 6, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #127,829 of 151,154
Hello Jason. With all of the new stuff being released, is there any roadmap for a Rag2 refresh? Maybe a Rag 3?....with chokes?

giphy53.gif

Oct 6, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #127,830 of 151,154

Users who are viewing this thread

Back