Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 3, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #127,711 of 155,084
I thought that the B-stock, closeout, inventory reduction pricing that Schiit offered last November & December was brilliant. I gotta imagine the happy customers far outweighed the unhappy folks. I didn't partake and I was still thrilled by it.

A number of years ago Schiit made a last run of Asgard 2, OG Bifrost 4490, OG Bifrost Multibit and sold them as Schiit stacks. Also brilliant.

I hope that if the mood ever strikes Jason to once again be generous, that he does so. Whiny beaches be damned.

Don't call it a sale.

Call it a B-stock & Closeout "Event".

Call it an "Inventory Reduction Effort".

Call it a "The more you buy, the bigger the holiday bonuses for Schiit employees Extravaganza"

Run it around the colloquial American holidays, run it around tax season, run it in the summer, run it whenever...

Just don't call it a sale....

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2023 at 12:38 AM Post #127,712 of 155,084
I thought that the B-stock, closeout, inventory reduction pricing that Schiit offered last November & December was brilliant. I gotta imagine the happy customers far outweighed the unhappy folks. I didn't partake and I was still thrilled by it.

A number of years ago Schiit made a last run of Asgard 2, OG Bifrost 4490, OG Bifrost Multibit and sold them as Schiit stacks. Also brilliant.

I hope that if the mood ever strikes Jason to once again be generous, that he does so. Whiny beaches be damned.

Don't call it a sale.

Call it a B-stock & Closeout "Event".

Call it an "Inventory Reduction Effort".

Call it a "The more you buy, the bigger the holiday bonuses for Schiit employees Extravaganza"

Run it around the colloquial American holidays, run it around tax season, run it in the summer, run it whenever...

Absolutely. That “event” helped me justify a Loki Max. I still wouldn’t have one if it wasn’t for these types of “events.” Keep ‘em coming, I say.

Just don’t call it a sale…

Oct 4, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #127,713 of 155,084
My wife Cynthia can relate! She owns and runs a deaf owned dog treat manufacturing business. Understand this: Inventory does NOT pay the bills or cover payroll. We were in much the same situation at the end of 2022 - though Q1 2023. We were able to cover payroll and bills (NEVER late on one!) with personal resources.

Bottom line? NO ONE including Jason can predict the market......

Oct 4, 2023 at 1:52 AM Post #127,714 of 155,084
The Asgard 2 I snagged in the Classifieds came in today. Man, this thing sounds great being fed from a Lyr+. It makes me lust over MJ3 even more now.

Oct 4, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #127,715 of 155,084
My wife Cynthia can relate! She owns and runs a deaf owned dog treat manufacturing business. Understand this: Inventory does NOT pay the bills or cover payroll. We were in much the same situation at the end of 2022 - though Q1 2023. We were able to cover payroll and bills (NEVER late on one!) with personal resources.

Bottom line? NO ONE including Jason can predict the market......
raw materials —> work in process —> finished goods inventory —> accounts receivable —> cash —> reduction of current liabilities … [the usual cycle]

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #127,717 of 155,084
I suspect many of those audio manufacturers selling direct that have a "Black Friday" program do so because their products are way over-priced to begin with.

Oct 4, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #127,718 of 155,084
Why are people pushing for "sales"?
When you look at other companies pricing, it is always SUPER SALE with a TOP BONUS at Schiit.
You get the best bang for your buck ALL YEAR LONG, not just a short period of time. Why would you want the latter? Who are you fooling?

Oct 4, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #127,719 of 155,084
Skoll release today? Maybe?

Oct 4, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #127,720 of 155,084
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Oct 4, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #127,721 of 155,084
giphy.gif

Me trying to give Schiit my money for a Skoll today...

Oct 4, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #127,725 of 155,084
Given the pretty much universal favorable reception for the MJ3, is there any chance that it might become a regular product? Because it seems to be beating up and taking the lunch money from anything remotely in its price range. It might be that there are more crazy people out there than Schiit thought...

And of course, it would stack nicely with a Gungnir 2. Really nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back