Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 27, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #127,234 of 153,539
Sep 27, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #127,235 of 153,539
Are the two or three products only a tease at the SchiitrMeet or Jason will officially announce it after the SchiitrMeet?

Sep 27, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #127,237 of 153,539
Anyone knows if the Modi+ reconstruction filter does 8x upsampling?

Hundreds of posts with zero relevance to this thread (what some call sine wave) and no one knows anything about this Schiit product?!? Actually the number 1 seller I was told.

So I post it again, hope springs eternal -- Anyone knows if the Modi+ reconstruction filter does 8x upsampling?

Sep 27, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #127,238 of 153,539
Hundreds of posts with zero relevance to this thread (what some call sine wave) and no one knows anything about this Schiit product?!? Actually the number 1 seller I was told.

So I post it again, hope springs eternal -- Anyone knows if the Modi+ reconstruction filter does 8x upsampling?
Why not ask Schiit directly?

Sep 27, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #127,239 of 153,539

I asked the Schiitalker and came up with -

modi.png

I wouldn't necessarily trust AI so as @sam6550a just suggested, maybe ask at info@schiit.com

Sep 27, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #127,240 of 153,539
Unfortunately I don’t see a MJ3 in my future, so I just was able to finally snag an Asgard 2 on the Classifieds.

Jason, I need a reverse Saga. One input, many outputs to feed all the Schiit on my desk.
I bought a 6 in 1 out switch box from Amazon, which apparently can be used in reverse,1 input to 6 out, although I haven’t actually tried it that way. It was around £15.00 here in the uk.

Sep 27, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #127,241 of 153,539
I asked the Schiitalker and came up with -

I wouldn't necessarily trust AI so as @sam6550a just suggested, maybe ask at info@schiit.com
Yeah, thanks! Sure I can ask Schiit directly but this being Schiit's official Head-Fi thread It would be expected this question be answered by veterans with ties to Schiit or by Schiit itself. Once in a while it's nice to put the 'SineWave" in the back burner and discuss Schiit products. :)

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #127,243 of 153,539
Yeah, thanks! Sure I can ask Schiit directly but this being Schiit's official Head-Fi thread It would be expected this question be answered by veterans with ties to Schiit or by Schiit itself. Once in a while it's nice to put the 'SineWave" in the back burner and discuss Schiit products. :)
That usually occurs between midnight and 3 AM on nights with a full moon.

Sep 27, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #127,244 of 153,539
Hey now... this thread might be all about schiit, there's no need to stir up some schiit by going on topic. :sweat_smile:

Anyhow, the Modi+ uses the ESS 9018 which is a decent delta-sigma convertor with internal OS filter. Its own cold tasteless 8x over-sampling filter. There's no yummy superburrito schiit filter to preserve all the samples, our music and our ears.

Sep 27, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #127,245 of 153,539
Hey now... this thread might be all about schiit, there's no need to stir up some schiit by going on topic. :sweat_smile:

Anyhow, the Modi+ uses the ESS 9018 which is a decent delta-sigma convertor with internal OS filter. Its own cold tasteless 8x over-sampling filter. There's no yummy superburrito schiit filter to preserve all the samples, our music and our ears.
Great! Good to know. It sounds OK for a secondary system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back