Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 26, 2023 at 7:11 AM Post #127,051 of 151,135
Quality American cheese ??? something of an oxymoron !! Burger looks tasty :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
American process cheese is cheddar that has been passed through a small orifice under pressure to emulsify it.

American process cheese food is not cheese.

American process cheese food spread bears no resemblance to cheese.

Basically, the longer the FDA title, the further it is from actually being food.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #127,052 of 151,135
Sep 26, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #127,053 of 151,135
American process cheese if cheddar that has been passed through a small orifice under pressure to emulsify it.

Basically, the longer the FDA title, the further it is from actually being food.
My former father-in-law (R.I.P. Bob) was an electrical and chemical engineer. He said Velveeta is one atom short of being a polymer.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #127,054 of 151,135
Quality American cheese ??? something of an oxymoron !! Burger looks tasty :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I understand lol, I am not talking Kraft. Other companies like Wisconsin’s Best make their own version. I read all cheese is processed, some more than others.
Applegate American Style Colby
Horizon Organic American as well.
You just need to read the ingredients.
Some have actual cheese and might be lower in sodium content. Stay away from those whose main ingredient is vegetable oil.🤪

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #127,055 of 151,135
I'm not sure what goes into making cheese curds, but it's the one cheese I can think of that feels like it's squeaking when you chew it.

Sep 26, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #127,056 of 151,135
American process cheese if cheddar that has been passed through a small orifice under pressure to emulsify it.

I use those whose main ingredient is cheese, often Colby, thus I used the term quality American cheese. I did not say cheese food lol. Smash burgers are thin and finding something that melts quickly and well can take some searching.

Kraft Deluxe is considered cheese and not cheese food but it has a long list of other ingredients so I avoid it as well.🤪

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #127,058 of 151,135
Throw in some real cheese, like Cooper Sharp, and I'm in!!
My wife and I have been ordering frequently from the Burger Barr (https://www.burgerbarr.com). I actually prefer the premium chuck over the Kobe Wagyu beef.
Any place that offers a fried egg on a hamburger is OK in my book. :)

Sep 26, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #127,061 of 151,135
I’m not old, just “differently young.”
I think it was a Peter Tinniswood character, possibly Uncle Mort, who said “Do you know what I like about being old? You don’t have to give a b*gger!”.

Second Rekkr is due today, as the man-cave system is getting mono amps. Looking forward to hearing it.
I didn't know you cared........

Sep 26, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #127,062 of 151,135
I'm not sure what goes into making cheese curds, but it's the one cheese I can think of that feels like it's squeaking when you chew it.

Cheese curds an intermediate step in the cheesemaking process, when really the first thing that is identifiable as cheese is separated from the whey (which is essentially water), but before it has been re-formed into a block. They squeak when they're fresh. Pretty much all curds I've seen are cheddar, but there's no reason that's the only variety that could be sold.

Sep 26, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #127,063 of 151,135
L
My former father-in-law was an electrical and chemical engineer. He said Velveeta is one atom short of being a polymer.
I love my cheese steaks WIZWIT!

Leo

Sep 26, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #127,064 of 151,135
One of my fishing buddy's in Wisconsin would send me a Care Package at Xmas with a variety of cheese curds.
Cheese wiz is the squirt-able cheese. I think I had it once or twice.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #127,065 of 151,135
Should cheese be added to the sign wave?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back