Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 24, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #126,991 of 150,793
Shiit N Music
Sunday

Finally posting photo of my door prize from the Research Triangle (Raleigh, Durham & Chapel Hill), NC Fall Schiit Meetup.

This prize went on display in the Lamp & Lantern Bar.
Forcing the addition of two headphone amps to the whole house bar system.

Thank you to golfbravobravo, adydula and all who made the meet great.
Thank you Schiit and Jason.
Thank you Paladin79!
That headphone rack does look pretty spiffy in your setup. It will remain one of a kind. 🤪

Sep 24, 2023 at 11:48 PM Post #126,992 of 150,793
Nice! Great meeting you. It was small but intimate, good food, having Jason there to interact with was awesome!
I love your Pioneer 1280 ? on top of the fridge!
Hope to do this again soon!
Thanks to Graham for doing the hard work and setting this up.
Thanks to Tom for his graciousness with gifts!
Thanks to Schiit and Jason and Denise for their help and assistance!

Alex
You are most kind Alex, I still hope to make something for Graham when I can walk again. My left knee is nearly the size of Cowen’s bar-b-cue fascination.🤪🤪

Sep 25, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #126,993 of 150,793
John DeVore offers up a fascinating "rant" and explanation of the inadequacies of measurement-only philosophy and how it relates to how sound works (we don't fully understand how it works) and how our brain "listens" so completely differently to an inert microphone and analyzer. Top stuff and very articulate.

Edit: Cameo mention of Schiit!

Sep 25, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #126,994 of 150,793
Change of subject. Instead of studying local menus as if they contained a plot I told my wife I wanted the best burger in town. She answered immediately Bub’s burgers. OMG was she right. A 1/4 lb burger with choices of cheese and condiments served on a matching sized bun. Beef salted perfectly and a burger slightly taller than a smashed burger. Mmm. The half pound burger starts at $18 but the 1/4 lb was perfect. A proper red wine and a sip of proper bourbon after and once again the earth is turning in greased grooves. 🤪 A little smooth music on the turntable and life is good.

I like mine with lettuce and tomato
Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes
Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer
Well good god almighty which way do i steer for my

Cheeseburger in paradise (paradise)
Makin' the best of every virtue and vice (paradise)
Worth every damn bit of sacrifice (paradise)
To get a cheeseburger in paradise
To be a cheeseburger in paradise
I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise

Thank you, Jimmy! We already miss ya..

Sep 25, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #126,995 of 150,793
You are most kind Alex, I still hope to make something for Graham when I can walk again. My left knee is nearly the size of Cowen’s bar-b-cue fascination.🤪🤪
No!!! That sounds serious - hopefully that knee never gets to "Cowen full cardboard" level ...

Wishing you a speedy recovery Tom!
I'm sure Finnegan can hold down the fort for a bit
:beerchug:

Sep 25, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #126,996 of 150,793
Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Select whiskies are excellent! But I'd pass on Old No. 7 most times.
It all depends on the barrel ...

Sep 25, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #126,997 of 150,793
Here I am, derping along, enjoying my semi-retirement... and decided to catch up on some of the latest woo on Yew Toob. And then I saw @Currawong 's {{now}} 4-month old episode on a weird little 1-off headamp... the Piety?! I know my head's been unscrewed a bit because of house construction, altering my budget after being a well-paid Canadian school teacher, helping my spouse ramp up a couple of small businesses, and packing up for an exodus out of the GTA. But there was a different magni briefly on the market?! :ksc75smile:

Weeeeeelllll, schiit. And now it's gone.
I respect this thread not going ape about this collaboration with another company. No flame wars. No (overt) mansplaining.

Did it help introduce new (and hopefully younger) listeners to the Schiit product line?

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #126,998 of 150,793
Here I am, derping along, enjoying my semi-retirement... and decided to catch up on some of the latest woo on Yew Toob. And then I saw @Currawong 's {{now}} 4-month old episode on a weird little 1-off headamp... the Piety?! I know my head's been unscrewed a bit because of house construction, altering my budget after being a well-paid Canadian school teacher, helping my spouse ramp up a couple of small businesses, and packing up for an exodus out of the GTA. But there was a different magni briefly on the market?! :ksc75smile:

Weeeeeelllll, schiit. And now it's gone.
I respect this thread not going ape about this collaboration with another company. No flame wars. No (overt) mansplaining.

Did it help introduce new (and hopefully younger) listeners to the Schiit product line?
It's not gone! Just not technically a Schiit product, so it was instead sold on the nitsch website. Still available for purchase at: https://nitschsound.com/products/magni-piety

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #126,999 of 150,793
Sep 25, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #127,000 of 150,793
catarmymeme.jpg

Gratuitous cat meme...

Sep 25, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #127,001 of 150,793
No!!! That sounds serious - hopefully that knee never gets to "Cowen full cardboard" level ...

Wishing you a speedy recovery Tom!
I'm sure Finnegan can hold down the fort for a bit
:beerchug:
I am slowly coming along, this is an old sports injury but my recovery time is not what it used to be. 🤪

Sep 25, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #127,002 of 150,793
Yeah, suks to get old.

Sep 25, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #127,003 of 150,793
I like mine with lettuce and tomato
Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes
Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer
Well good god almighty which way do i steer for my

Cheeseburger in paradise (paradise)
Makin' the best of every virtue and vice (paradise)
Worth every damn bit of sacrifice (paradise)
To get a cheeseburger in paradise
To be a cheeseburger in paradise
I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise

Thank you, Jimmy! We already miss ya..
When I cook burgers I do double smashed cheeseburgers on my flattop grill. Thin and crispy edges, quality American cheese and buns lightly toasted with butter. French whole seed mustard, bib lettuce, red onion, and home grown tomato slice. Not something I eat often, but when I do I want it right.🤪

E32A5CC4-2D2A-4F5E-B840-9B714E63D788.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back