Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 11, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #126,241 of 155,126
Hey all,

A quick update:

I'm finally back in CA for a bit after the Raleigh meet, which was a ton of fun. It's much better going to these smaller meets for me, because it's more about meeting people than putting up banners and selling stuff (even though there was at least one offer on the Mjolnir 3), and even though I thought we had a broken Urd because I had it switched on the wrong output, proving my lack of competence with our own products. On the non-show side, Tobacco Wood Brewing really has a handle on the lager/red/marzen styles, if you're in the area, but there's a ton of great beer there.

Now it's on to figuring out some more new stuff. You'll see a couple of new things from us by the end of the month--two new names, in fact. I just approved the final first articles for one today, and I expect to see the other tomorrow. These are Corpus products, despite me being in California. Both are bonkers in terms of value, and one is definitely crazy in "let's take the path of maximum controversy." These'll be fun!

I'll get with Denise and figure out when we're doing the next Schiitrmeet, and what we'll be doing. A blind listening may be in the works, or I may just do an "ask me anything, but not about audio" deal.

All the best,
Jason
Jason, it was such a pleasure to meet you in person. And I’m sorry for asking to purchase the Mj3, it’s just such a good product that I’ve been waiting for: a desktop size amp that can drive any TOTL planars without buying a speaker amp.

Sep 11, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #126,242 of 155,126
Hey all,

A quick update:

I'm finally back in CA for a bit after the Raleigh meet, which was a ton of fun. It's much better going to these smaller meets for me, because it's more about meeting people than putting up banners and selling stuff (even though there was at least one offer on the Mjolnir 3), and even though I thought we had a broken Urd because I had it switched on the wrong output, proving my lack of competence with our own products. On the non-show side, Tobacco Wood Brewing really has a handle on the lager/red/marzen styles, if you're in the area, but there's a ton of great beer there.

Now it's on to figuring out some more new stuff. You'll see a couple of new things from us by the end of the month--two new names, in fact. I just approved the final first articles for one today, and I expect to see the other tomorrow. These are Corpus products, despite me being in California. Both are bonkers in terms of value, and one is definitely crazy in "let's take the path of maximum controversy." These'll be fun!

I'll get with Denise and figure out when we're doing the next Schiitrmeet, and what we'll be doing. A blind listening may be in the works, or I may just do an "ask me anything, but not about audio" deal.

All the best,
Jason
1694455331931.png

Sep 11, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #126,245 of 155,126
Sep 11, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #126,246 of 155,126
Internal transformer--as in, it has a power cord, not a wall-wart.
Awesome! Wall-warted products are usually more fun. Except for the finding an outlet for the wall-wart part. My Syn's wart would not play nice it's power strip neighbors. But the Syn is way more fun to play with than the Kara lol

Sep 11, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #126,247 of 155,126
Awesome! Wall-warted products are usually more fun. Except for the finding an outlet for the wall-wart part. My Syn's wart would not play nice it's power strip neighbors. But the Syn is way more fun to play with than the Kara lol

Wart-friendly power strip:

ProHT 6 Outlet Power Strip (03200) with 3ft Power Cord, Metal Housing, 125V/15A, Lighted Combo Switch/ Breaker, ETL Listed.
Amazon LINK.

IMG_8797.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #126,248 of 155,126
We need Kansas City Schiitrmeet!

That is about a 500 mile trip for me so not bad at all. 😉

Most definitely! The KC city limit is only about five miles away. :laughing:

I'm no good at organizing anything like that and I can't think of any suitable location, either. I could still provide some (aging) muscle or do a little running. Just don't ask for local beverage recommendations.

Sep 11, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #126,251 of 155,126
I use 1-foot long "extension" cords for this kind of thing.
They look hilarious when you unpackage them, but elicit a satisfying "huzzah" when they all line up nicely in the power strip.

Attachments

• wall-wort-cords.jpg
    wall-wort-cords.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 11, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #126,252 of 155,126
Now it's on to figuring out some more new stuff. You'll see a couple of new things from us by the end of the month……
……These are Corpus products, despite me being in California. Both are bonkers in terms of value, and one is definitely crazy in "let's take the path of maximum controversy." These'll be fun!
Let the guessing game begin :)

With it being Corpus, the transformers are probably external - or none at all?

- A new Vali?
- Cables? (‘a pathway of maximum controversy’)
- Contact cleaner with nano-bots?
- An AI processor that makes new music sound like old music, and old music sound like new music.
- Passive VU meters, that makes a point by having an unnecessary power switch at the back.

Andrew

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #126,253 of 155,126
- An AI processor that makes new music sound like old music
A pop, hiss, rumble and scratch synthesizer for digital audio to make it sound like an LP. :)

Sep 11, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #126,255 of 155,126
Most definitely! The KC city limit is only about five miles away. :laughing:

I'm no good at organizing anything like that and I can't think of any suitable location, either. I could still provide some (aging) muscle or do a little running. Just don't ask for local beverage recommendations.
Well there is Kansas City Bar-B-Que. :ksc75smile: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g44535-c6-Kansas_City_Missouri.html

As well as craft beer. https://www.timeout.com/kansas-city/bars/best-breweries-in-kansas-city

About a seven hour drive for me, perfectly doable but I would mostly want to just bring a tube headphone amp and a set of tiny radial speakers and some door prizes. We need some feet on the ground to organize but it is a pretty central location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back