Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 10, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #126,181 of 150,822
I drove 12 hours. Drank lots of coffee and had a few gas station tacos while driving from Texas overnight. Upon arriving that morning I decided to relieve myself in the conveniently located porta-potty before heading inside. Not sure what happened as my memory is a bit foggy, but I was told I spent 12 hours in the ER after being found in the middle of the road, sans pants, approx.1/4 mile from the event. Needless to say, I missed it. :unamused:
As they say "If I had to do it all over again, I'd do it all over you."

Sep 10, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #126,182 of 150,822
Here some pictures from yesterday meet at NC. It was fun trying the new Schiit equipment. I am definitely a MJ3 believer now, that amp is super awesome and fun! Someone brought in their Pass Lab amp and a DIY Class A amp and that was a great experience. I didn’t take pictures of the cookies and free lunch, was too busy devouring them than taking pictures of it.
Looks like a lot of great stuff including that Sokris DAC. I've not seen one of those in the wild. I like how Jason is staring at the ceiling, probably thinking of the next thing they'll try and build.

Sep 10, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #126,183 of 150,822
I drove 12 hours. Drank lots of coffee and had a few gas station tacos while driving from Texas overnight. Upon arriving that morning I decided to relieve myself in the conveniently located porta-potty before heading inside. Not sure what happened as my memory is a bit foggy, but I was told I spent 12 hours in the ER after being found in the middle of the road, sans pants, approx.1/4 mile from the event. Needless to say, I missed it. :unamused:

I don't think a thunderstorm had anything to do with that series of events...! 🤣 🤣🤣

Sep 10, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #126,184 of 150,822
The REALLY serious people travelled long distances :wink:
Much (I do mean MUCH) behind the scenes work was done by @adydula who posted enough reminders and prompts that even @ArmchairPhilosopher should have been able to plan and attend :wink:
I would have loved to attend, but the cleaning lady had the Gulfstream over the weekend, and fueling up the BBJ for that trip would have been a bit overkill. Plus, I couldn't get a cat sitter on such short notice.

Next time.

I don't think a thunderstorm had anything to do with that series of events...! 🤣 🤣🤣
Well, maybe a different kind of thunderstorm.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #126,188 of 150,822
It's awesome, isn't it? And CDs are so cheap now... Urd is a game-changer IMHO.
Well that cheap is very relative. The more rare and/or wanted CD's have rising prices already. There are still CD's below € 3,00, but there are more and more € 10,00 - € 20,00 and over prices for used CD's. Luckily not those insane rediculous vinyl prices, but still.

Sep 10, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #126,189 of 150,822
I would have loved to attend, but the cleaning lady had the Gulfstream over the weekend, and fueling up the BBJ for that trip would have been a bit overkill. Plus, I couldn't get a cat sitter on such short notice.

Next time.

Well, maybe a different kind of thunderstorm.
You have access to a Gulfstream and a BBJ? Starting to wish that I'd been nicer to you over the last several months. :beyersmile:

Sep 10, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #126,191 of 150,822
You have access to a Gulfstream and a BBJ? Starting to wish that I'd been nicer to you over the last several months. :beyersmile:
You know, when I close my eyes I have access to all kinds of stuff. There's a whole 'nother universe living up there in my noggin! 😎

Sep 10, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #126,192 of 150,822
Are you saying I may have experienced a '2018 Randy Travis' event? :worried:

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #126,193 of 150,822
Are you saying I may have experienced a '2018 Randy Travis' event? :worried:

Sounds like you may have had some NC BBQ and blacked slam out, according to my Grandmother it has the ability to make your tongue slap your brains out. From my observation it happens to Northerners quite regularly, I could see where a Texan might also be floored by Southern BBQ though.

Sep 10, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #126,194 of 150,822
Yes, these are VC. If you are at Canjam don’t miss ZMF booth. Check out Atrium Open, Verite Open and Auteur Classic.
ZMF also change a lot with different pads. You can make them sound towards your taste.
IMG_8854.jpeg
Right now I'm on a streak of MJ3>Caldera. I own Atrium open, Verité open and closed (various woods). They are quite permissive with respect to amps, both solid-state and tubes. But Caldera is different, it did not perform well with my older amps (Stellaris and DSHA-3F), but it shines with Ferrum Oor and with MJ3. Especially with MJ3, I'm starting to feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back