Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 7, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #125,957 of 155,131
Why the hel not, I hope schiit has secret goodies to bring to CanJam. Fing
I'll see you in NC in a couple of days, but unfortunately I'm not bringing any secret stuff. Sorry!

Unfortunately, I won't be at the LA CanJam, but Schiit will be there, and it's very likely a couple of new things will be out by then. Maybe David wants to bring something for "under the table." We'll see.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Sep 7, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #125,959 of 155,131
NC like most areas has hundreds of craft breweries.
Gosh the variety is really decent.

Even with us enjoying our local craft brews, we opine for things like Alchemist, Hedi-Topper IPA, Lawsons, Foam, Zero Gravity, Hill Farmstead, Lost Nation etc from Vermont, being from Vermont, we do make beer runs up there and bring back cases and share the wealth hers in NC...Beer Karma.

410 breweries and brewpubs here...keep ya busy for a long time!!

:>)

1694115045583.png

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #125,960 of 155,131
Considering the average age of the male audiophile, I don't think that tracks. 😈
I'm glad I wasn't holding coffee when I read that!!

However, Ms Jody, as an advocate for older women and empowerment (stellafosse.com/blog) knows full well that whilst testosterone may (i say may) decline it doesn't vanish!

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #125,962 of 155,131
Name tags should have 2 name lines:
- Head-fi name: wout31
- Name IRL: Jos Wouters
I saw there was an airstrip close by, so maybe a third line for country? 🤔🤣😜
That's exactly what we will do!

Which strip are you looking at? I pondered bringing one of my aircraft out here when we moved, but there is pressure on all of them - the airport in Chapel Hill closed between us buying the house and moving here, so they were sold in CA and the business closed down.

Both aircraft were unclear on the concept that they were there to earn money!

Sep 7, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #125,965 of 155,131
Ah things were so much simpler in the 70's !
An to think the Schiit does things like this without any wires!
Amazing eh..
And people pay $3,000 or so for these beasts, just for the nostalgic trip back in time.
Go figure?

Some amps are still wired point to point, I do it using silver plated copper wire and as I recall pure silver in an amp I built for @bcowen. It is time consuming and costly. Such amps can be $5000 up new.

As far as nostalgia, why seek and refurb cars from your youth as some might do?🤪🤪
I maintain and wear a chronograph from 1980, it was among the first quartz chronographs ever made, also a gift from my wife. Nostalgia.

Sep 7, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #125,967 of 155,131
I'll see you in NC in a couple of days, but unfortunately I'm not bringing any secret stuff. Sorry!

Unfortunately, I won't be at the LA CanJam, but Schiit will be there, and it's very likely a couple of new things will be out by then. Maybe David wants to bring something for "under the table." We'll see.
Is it time to play the “Guess the new product” game? It’s one of my favorite games on here so far.

Sep 7, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #125,968 of 155,131
You could have gotten a hitch for basically anything from a JC Whitney catalog. Like a Toys R' Us Christmas catalog - the JCW catalog flow over with amazing feats of human engineering 🙃

10 pages of Flowmasters and 10 pages of Borla and 1 page of thrust, cherry bomb, supertrapp.
If you added up all of the1975 Whitney 'gas saving' devices for your car, JC Whitney said your new score was -.5 mpg!

Sep 7, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #125,970 of 155,131
Why don't HVAC installers make use of absorption refrigeration, which actually makes use of external heat? Absorption refrigeration makes use of a two-part refrigerant that requires heat rather than compression (contrasted to one-part refrigerants such as the Opteron® R-12xx series).

Heat pumps require more electricity than desirable in this heat wave affecting the SCHIIT® Texas factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back