Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 7, 2023 at 4:49 AM Post #125,927 of 153,416
To be determined whether they'd have to buy back my Ferrum Oor+Hypsos stack that cost 3x MJ3 :ksc75smile: Fun weekend ahead, assuming FedEx delivers as promised. Just rearranged the headphone audio rack to accommodate the incoming MJ3.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts

Sep 7, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #125,928 of 153,416
OK guys and gals its getting really close!

2 days until the Central North Carolina Schiit Meet in Pittsboro!!

This sat the 9th at 11 am....be there or be square!

Tons of stuff, food and drink!

And Meet Mr. Jason Stoddard in the flesh!

See ya soon!
Alex
:>)

@golfbravobravo : Reminder get the car packed and dont oversleep!! LOL!

Sep 7, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #125,929 of 153,416
OK guys and gals its getting really close!

2 days until the Central North Carolina Schiit Meet in Pittsboro!!

This sat the 9th at 11 am....be there or be square!

Tons of stuff, food and drink!

And Meet Mr. Jason Stoddard in the flesh!

See ya soon!
Alex
:>)

@golfbravobravo : Reminder get the car packed and dont oversleep!! LOL!
Willco. I may have to do 15 runs to get all that stuff in the C8!!!

Sep 7, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #125,931 of 153,416
On a different place to talk Schiit, someone mentioned that they replaced the output capacitors on a Freya+ which brought me to these questions. 1. Is this advisable and 2. why is it things seem to always sound better after replacing items?

I've yet to see anyone talk about how replacing parts, burning in, etc that something sounded worse. I wonder why that is? (rhetorical, I already know)

A bit late to the conversation (the site has been blazing fast lately, hard to stay caught up). But not to offend anyone, or incur a site ban, I did mod my Saga OG output capacitors. I've seen mods where someone used ClarityCap MR capacitors, but they were almost too large to fit, and a bit pricey to me. So I stuck with Mundorf EVO Oil 2.2uF caps, bypassed with AudioCap Theta film and foil caps. After, the soundstage broadened in all directions, with better micro detail, with a slightly warmer richer tone. I find simple mods like this very worthwhile, and worth it to me, IMHO. 😃

Sep 7, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #125,932 of 153,416
A bit late to the conversation (the site has been blazing fast lately, hard to stay caught up). But not to offend anyone, or incur a site ban, I did mod my Saga OG output capacitors. I've seen mods where someone used ClarityCap MR capacitors, but they were almost too large to fit, and a bit pricey to me. So I stuck with Mundorf EVO Oil 2.2uF caps, bypassed with AudioCap Theta film and foil caps. After, the soundstage broadened in all directions, with better micro detail, with a slightly warmer richer tone. I find simple mods like this very worthwhile, and worth it to me, IMHO. 😃
I have used those exact Mundorfs for years as well as the silver-gold series, a great choice IMHO.😁😁

I have used the Supremes in a couple of my own amps but could never discern much difference. Always tube amps so the warm, rich tone was already there.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #125,933 of 153,416
Ever had song lyrics stick in your mind so that you are humming or singing them throughout the day? This morning it’s a passage from Old and Wise by Alan Parsons Project.

And oh, when I'm old and wise
Bitter words mean little to me
Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the midst of time
When they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine
And the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh, when I'm old and wise

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #125,934 of 153,416
Awww Come on! A little bit of audio gear should be easy-peasy lemon squeezie. :wink:

1694096327253.png

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #125,935 of 153,416
Leaving enough room for Ms. Jody? :)

@Ripper2860 I've seen some poorly secured loads but that side-by-side won't last more than a few potholes. :unamused:

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #125,936 of 153,416
Loving the super fast turn around on my gear at the shop. Let's hear it for the crew at Schiit!

Hip hip horray!

Special shout out to the folks at Corpus Christi in 100 F weather.

Hip hip horray!

Sep 7, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #125,938 of 153,416
This sat at 11 am
79 West Innovation Hub in Chatham Park (120 Mosaic Blvd #120, Pittsboro, NC 27312
To you folks heading to the meet in Pittsboro, have a great time and don't forget to be respectful of other folks' audio gear, especially cables which can easily be damaged.
I've made life-long friends at the Nashville meets - people become more than just a typed message on a Head-Fi thread.
And organizers ... don't forget to bring some name tags. I'm bad with names and I'm probably not the only one. :)

Sep 7, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #125,939 of 153,416
Wow, all caught up...! It was pretty easy to do, just by skipping the alcohol and car posts...! I'll at least go back and re-read the car info...! 🤣

Oh, it was kind'a nice to still see cardboard references too...! Should I worry...? 🤯
Not so fast, Skippy 🤣!! The ‘A&C’ posts are the 🥩 on the 🦴. The audio stuff is merely entertainment until a given post is outdone by another post!!

EDIT: amps go from vacuum tube to solid-state, from Class AB to Class G, but cardboard will always be cardboard. If one is (un?)fortunate, one’s abode can be of the corrugated, Carolina Blue variety …

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back