Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 25, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #124,756 of 155,069
15 days to the Central North Carolina Schiit Meet in Pittsboro....for all u in Yorba Linda thats close to Raleigh, NC!

Sept 9th!!

See ya all there!

Alex
I'm starting to think Alex is a mindreader......

For those of you who are attening, thinking of attending or wondering how to attend, please fill in the poll at the top of the page:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/res...rham-chapel-hill-nc-fall-schiit-meetup.967927

We are trying to get a (reasonably) accurate heacount to plan the food, etc.

Ta!

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #124,757 of 155,069
Hmmm...Have you given any thought to turning Mike loose on a surface mount MicroVU Meter with a digital light pipe to magnify and project it onto a ceiling. With, of course, the off/on switch on the back of the device for a DSR®! The Double SchiitReacharound®.

Probably knot, huh? :beerchug:

Aug 25, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #124,759 of 155,069
Hmmm...Have you given any thought to turning Mike loose on a surface mount MicroVU Meter with a digital light pipe to magnify and project it onto a ceiling. With, of course, the off/on switch on the back of the device for a DSR®! The Double SchiitReacharound®.

Probably knot, huh? :beerchug:

Aug 25, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #124,764 of 155,069
Wow - I have not seen a Sound Organisation stand in years - de-rigour in the 1980's and I sold loads of em - absolute must have for Linn turntable owners back in the day
I've had those for so long that they're now part of the family! Purchased in 1989.

The only "audio" gear that I have that's older would be my Nitty Gritty 2.5fi, purchased in 1986. It still runs strong.

My Dynaco gear that I got in the early 80's, just found a new home last week. :slight_frown:

Hmm. I just remembered, I still have a Moscode 300 that I bought in 1987. I might need help!

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #124,765 of 155,069
If Schiit still carries those blindingly bright LEDs they could project the Schiit logo onto the ceiling like the bat signal. The Schiit signal!

My OG Gumby has been my LR nightlight since Aug 2015.

:beerchug:
JC

Aug 25, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #124,766 of 155,069
Sometimes people mean imaging when they say soundstage and sometimes when they say soundstage they mean the positions of the instruments change on the stage. Width, height, depth, placement, precision - I've read a lot of inconsistent terminology.
Good point, @artur9 . I generally think of 'soundstage' as the overall "display" of the musical presentation - width, height and depth - and 'imaging' as the precision placement of the instruments and voices in that soundstage. This of course points to how the track / album was engineered and mixed. You can have a soundstage without imaging, but - in those amazing recordings that were engineered by the best - you can close your eyes and point to the individual instruments / performers... the latter is hard to get.

Then again, I am a noob at this and not qualified to comment about audio engineering, so YMMV, as always...

Aug 25, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #124,768 of 155,069
Thanks for that. But actually my question was about the name ‘burrito’ used.

It's just continued Schiit humor.

Read through the first few dozen pages of Mike's blog in HeadFi and you'll understand his irreverent sense of humor.

Aug 25, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #124,769 of 155,069
Ragnarok 2 Fully Loaded compatible streamer?

I’m looking to use the internal Schiit DAC. The streamers I’d like to use (either Wiim or Bluesound Node) only have Toslink outputs. Is there a way to use those devices as only a streamer into the USB input Schiit DAC?
The latest Bluesound Node (2022) had a USB output. I'm currently using that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back