Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 24, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #124,623 of 150,790
There shouldn't be FOMO with respect to MJ3 (or anything we do).

Here's the reality: there's always something else coming. Hopefully something better. We shoot for better every time. When we don't hit it, we tell you (like the Yggdrasil flavors). As far as I know, nobody else does this. But I don't know everything.

We try not to promote FOMO or nervosa in anything we do. That's why we don't do 5 different grades of cables, 80 different filters/reclockers, 3 types of isolation feet, super quantum fuses, optional add-on power supplies, Schumann resonance tuning applications, green pens, hologram stickers, cryogenically treated clocks, grounding clips for your clothing, cable elevators, extension flaps for your ears made out of goat leather, or any number of the crazy things I've seen in the course of my time in audio. I understand if you don't agree with this, and would rather tweak until the end of time and space. But it's not what we do.

So, if you miss MJ3, don't despair. We'll do something else. Eventually.

Until then, I hope you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the music.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 24, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #124,624 of 150,790

Here's the reality: there's always something else coming. Hopefully something better. We shoot for better every time. When we don't hit it, we tell you (like the Yggdrasil flavors). As far as I know, nobody else does this. But I don't know everything.

We try not to promote FOMO or nervosa in anything we do. That's why we don't do 5 different grades of cables, 80 different filters/reclockers, 3 types of isolation feet, super quantum fuses, optional add-on power supplies, Schumann resonance tuning applications, green pens, hologram stickers, cryogenically treated clocks, grounding clips for your clothing, cable elevators, extension flaps for your ears made out of goat leather, or any number of the crazy things I've seen in the course of my time in audio. I understand if you don't agree with this, and would rather tweak until the end of time and space. But it's not what we do.

FOMO is primarily self-induced or even crowd-induced. It happens because people are people but sometimes we behave as lemmings. No harm in that, but the by-product can be a touch of "buyers remorse" and this condition is again, totally self-induced. It has nothing to do with any company least of all Schiit. Am I telling the troof?

I will never lie to you but I may just Schiit you.:beerchug:

ORTon Welles

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #124,626 of 150,790
I have two questions ...

1. Kara, at the description, it mentioned about tube power .... but it is not sound like tube, right?

2. Freya N, compare with Valhalla 2, is Freya N hotter? cooler? or roughly the same?

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #124,627 of 150,790
First post on the forum. I've been browsing for a while. Go easy on me...
My music hobby has been on the sidelines for a few years since some of my old gear succumbed to age.
My 1990s Magnepan mgIIIa s needed rebuilt and my Adcom GFA 565 monos needed recapped (probably giving my age away).

Last winter Magnepan re built my speakers, and I recently bought a pair of tyrs. The rest of my gear is Nakamichi from the same time period.
I spent last night with my old gear and the tyrs. It's been a while since I heard them, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I think the maggies are sounding better than ever.
The rebuilt speakers probably need some break in time, and Magnepan made an update to the crossovers (I'm not that technical of a guy compared to some on this thread).
With the trys connected, I'm hearing much more detailed bass -percussion than what I remember. Obviously my old amps - speakers were probably not performing at their new in box specs anymore. I always loved the midrange - tweeter performance from these speakers, but was always wanting a little more bass. I was always considering subs for these speakers but might hold off for a while :relaxed:.

So enough changes have been made, that I probably can't credit all the sound improvements to the tyrs....
But the tyrs are staying in my system. I also purchased Urd last month, so I'll compare it to my 30 year old cd player soon.
Currently the only DAC in the house is a Modi 3 purchased to listen to the TV through my stereo, so hopefully that will work for now.
My bank account will need some time to recover.
Thanks Jason , and thanks to the other posters for the info I have picked up here.

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #124,628 of 150,790
e's always something else coming. Hopefully something better. We shoot for better every time. When we don't hit it, we tell you (like the Yggdrasil flavors). As far as I know, nobo

My music hobby has been on the sidelines for a few years since some of my old gear succumbed to age.
My 1990s Magnepan mgIIIa s needed rebuilt and my Adcom GFA 565 monos needed recapped (probably giving my age away).

Last winter Magnepan re built my speakers, and I recently bought a pair of tyrs. The rest of my gear is Nakamichi from the same time period.
I spent last night with my old gear and the tyrs. It's been a while since I heard them, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I think the maggies are sounding better than ever.
The rebuilt speakers probably need some break in time, and Magnepan made an update to the crossovers (I'm not that technical of a guy compared to some on this thread).
With the trys connected, I'm hearing much more detailed bass -percussion than what I remember. Obviously my old amps - speakers were probably not performing at their new in box specs anymore. I always loved the midrange - tweeter performance from these speakers, but was always wanting a little more bass. I was always considering subs for these speakers but might hold off for a while :relaxed:.

So enough changes have been made, that I probably can't credit all the sound improvements to the tyrs....
But the tyrs are staying in my system. I also purchased Urd last month, so I'll compare it to my 30 year old cd player soon.
Currently the only DAC in the house is a Modi 3 purchased to listen to the TV through my stereo, so hopefully that will work for now.
Thanks Jason , and thanks to the other posters for the info I have picked up here.
Welcome and congrats on all of the upgrades.
It is sometimes fun to isolate one variable and see how it effects things -- and other times to just upgrade everything and enjoy the music.

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #124,629 of 150,790

Welcome!

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #124,630 of 150,790
MJ 4.

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #124,631 of 150,790
MJ 3++ :wink:

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #124,632 of 150,790

I can’t say I’m relaxed, but to suppress the desire to buy a new toy, I’m listening to music I haven’t heard in a while (Particularly since upgrading from a Denon HT amp to a Freya+, Bifrost and Vidars) and I’m reminded of how good this system is without needing to add anything more (at the moment).

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #124,634 of 150,790
I have two questions ...

1. Kara, at the description, it mentioned about tube power .... but it is not sound like tube, right?

2. Freya N, compare with Valhalla 2, is Freya N hotter? cooler? or roughly the same?
1. There is no mention of tube power in Kara. It’s completely solid state. The beginning of the description basically equates to “you don’t need to worry about tubes anymore for great sound.” Kara is an amp design that hasn’t been done in over 30 years. It’s Old School.

2. Freya N runs warm when operating with tubes on. But it runs cool when running just the differential buffer or in passive mode.

Hope this helps, but I don’t have a Valhalla….yet…

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #124,635 of 150,790
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back