Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 23, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #124,576 of 155,138
Would have to be painted black on the inside for heat dissipation, and even then marginal.
Some sort of heat pipe maybe, lining the interior case?

Tell you what, you make the silver (and Vantablack knobs :wink: ) with a disclaimer about heat management and we'll figure it out.

Aug 23, 2023 at 7:37 PM Post #124,577 of 155,138
More URD goodness…

IMG_8751.jpeg

Aug 23, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #124,578 of 155,138
Just to throw some cents on the streamer pile. I've been using a RaspberryPi 4B 8GB running Moode to stream my local FLACs over USB to Bif2/64 for the past few months. It's been flawless. I have it in one of these touch-screen cases:

https://www.uperfectmonitor.com/collections/touch-screen/products/raspberry-pi-3-portable-monitor

Can either interact with the "streamer" locally on the screen or via web interface, wifi or ethernet. Takes about an hour to setup soup to nuts. Has a variety of interface options, DSP, etc.

IMG_20230823_000205.jpg

IMG_20230823_000540.jpg
Very nice. Does that screen work with picoreplayer?

Aug 23, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #124,581 of 155,138
Note: this was posted on the MMB2 thread, but I would appreciate hearing from those who post here.

Yiggy vs MMB2...

Question for those owning any of the Yggy forms and also having significant MMB2 listening time.

The MMB2 is quite good; very neutral presentation, offering (in a good system) wide stage and separation.

What does a Yiigy $2k+ differential offer over the MMB2? I am sure there are differences. What are they?

Those differences may be noticeable with a quick A/B comparo, but do they last? Say, we listen to a CD on Yiigy and we appreciate it. A couple of days later we listen to the same CD on MMB2, do we immediately notice the difference?

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #124,582 of 155,138
Sounds great! Better than people arguing about schiit on the internet. :sweat_smile:
I quit internet arguing a long time ago. Once it became clear that I was always right, it seemed rather pointless.

I do still argue with myself occasionally, but usually lose. 🤣

Aug 23, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #124,583 of 155,138
Note: this was posted on the MMB2 thread, but I would appreciate hearing from those who post here.

Yiggy vs MMB2...

Question for those owning any of the Yggy forms and also having significant MMB2 listening time.

The MMB2 is quite good; very neutral presentation, offering (in a good system) wide stage and separation.

What does a Yiigy $2k+ differential offer over the MMB2? I am sure there are differences. What are they?

Those differences may be noticeable with a quick A/B comparo, but do they last? Say, we listen to a CD on Yiigy and we appreciate it. A couple of days later we listen to the same CD on MMB2, do we immediately notice the difference?
Well I sent my Yggy back for service a while back and for grins and giggles I swapped in MMB2 and there was no comparison. The soundstage is is not in the same ballpark. It totally collapses in comparison (LIM eddition). Less detail also, but I had to pull the MMB2 and swap to the 2/64 which held up better. Way better when the Yggy returned. Makes me want another Yggy. I think you always hear more of a change when you swap the champ out after getting spoiled by it. The rest of your system would need to be good enough to hear the differences.

Mac/Roon>Yggy>Freya>Tyrs>GR Research x-Statik

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #124,584 of 155,138
I think

Yiggy vs MMB2...

I think comparing Mike's moonshot DAC- which was, as he said, the best DAC he knew how to make- with the MMB2 which is an excellent DAC at that price point is like having a welterweight fight a heavyweight. The fight will not last long.

Aug 23, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #124,585 of 155,138
Gotta love a Webber BBQ - got myself a new one in the spring , excellent for thick steaks , boned out lamb joints and suchlike

Agreed! I’m on my third Webber and that after 30+ years of marriage and grilling year round in Wisconsin.

Couldn’t find any pics of grilling but nothing like a local butcher and a 2" thick Porter House! I’ve also taken over Thanksgiving and now smoke turkeys each year.

It will be A difficult conversation when my Weber gets taken away from me.

I should clarify that I’m a charcoal only griller.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 9:45 PM Post #124,588 of 155,138
Agreed! I’m on my third Webber and that after 30+ years of marriage and grilling year round in Wisconsin.

Couldn’t find any pics of grilling but nothing like a local butcher and a 2" thick Porter House! I’ve also taken over Thanksgiving and now smoke turkeys each year.

It will be A difficult conversation when my Weber gets taken away from me.

I should clarify that I’m a charcoal only griller.
Charcoal is the way to go! Charcoal is like the Yggy of grilling and smoking. Gas or electric is like a delta sigma DAC. Not even in the same ballpark. Everything is better with charcoal!

Aug 23, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #124,589 of 155,138
Charcoal is the way to go! Charcoal is like the Yggy of grilling and smoking. Gas or electric is like a delta sigma DAC. Not even in the same ballpark. Everything is better with charcoal!
Kamado Joe is my goto. Have a small 2 burner gas grill for emergency backup (or to take away on a picnic)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back