Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 3, 2023 at 12:34 AM Post #122,941 of 150,535
Been debating if I should pickup a Multibit dac. I have been eyeing the Bifrost, used or the new 2/64. Haven’t committed but now that you mention it, might add the MM2 to my potential list.

The original Modi Multibit was my gateway drug. You cant go wrong, and even if you dont like it, you should be able to sell it for a good chunk of original retail.

Aug 3, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #122,942 of 150,535
https://www.ecoustics.com/news/ohm-acoustics-for-sale/

Hey @Jason Stoddard you mentioned at the last Shiitr meet that you guys were considering getting into the speaker game, well here's your chance. Buy Ohm, move everything to Texas (gotta be cheaper than Brooklyn), and rename it Tuuurd Acoustics, or Pharts Soundscapes, or whetever name you guys came up with.
You're welcome. :smile_phones:

Aug 3, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #122,945 of 150,535
Been debating if I should pickup a Multibit dac. I have been eyeing the Bifrost, used or the new 2/64. Haven’t committed but now that you mention it, might add the MM2 to my potential list.
I cannot recommend the Bifrost Multibit highly enough - its waaaaayyyyy better than anything I've heard at twice the price - its an absolute steal , and mines the old gen 3 model !!!

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2023 at 7:08 AM Post #122,946 of 150,535
So, awaiting delivery of a Rekkr now :smiley:
The funny thing is that the cables (5 meters of AQ speaker cable @ $9/m, 8 banana plugs, and two pairs of Snake Oil Taipan interconnects) cost almost as much as the amp itself :sweat_smile: (with postage and tax included in everything)

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #122,947 of 150,535
A couple of weeks back, @mystaiced recommended some 1972 Raytheon 6FQ7/6CG7 tubes (Japan) from tctubes.com for my Freya N. They're the tall ones in the right-hand sockets. Huge appreciation to him for the recommendation.

For the past few months I've had 1962 Amperex Bugle Boy tubes in there, which I absolutely love. 2 nights ago, with the Amperex tubes in the right-hand sockets and Soviet Reflectors in the left, I listened to CSNY's Deja Vu Live (really, mostly Neil Young's "Living With War" album live with a great group of back-up singers...), his co-production with Daniel Lanois "Le Noise" (amazing album anytime, but with great tubes: Wow.), Kate Bush's "Hounds of Love (still stands up as a major work of art), and P J Harvey's "I Inside the Old Year Dying", so far my favourite new music this year. The tube combo in my stack with Hifiman Sundara headphones was audio bliss.

The Raytheons arrived yesterday, and as soon as I got them in the door I installed them in the Freya. These are NOS and I recognize they need to warm up and burn in before they're at their best. Regardless, I put the 'phones on and gave them a listen after a few minutes of warm up. The difference between these and the Amperex was immediately noticeable in the very familiar song I played; different but equal in the positive effect on the music and the tones. Bass was a touch more defined, the euphonics on Neil Young's already distorted guitar was immensely pleasing. I don't have the audio vocabulary to describe the differences in full, but I'm very pleased with the purchase. These are great tubes. I did a 10-hour burn-in yesterday, and I have a stack of music lined up for the evening.

More tubes are on the way. Consider me a fledgling tube-rolling addict. :L3000:

1691062656415.png

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #122,948 of 150,535
Having owned an original Yggy A2 for many years, and loved it, I recently bought a used, but mint, Gungir MB . for my 'second' system.

It is superb.:relaxed:

Aug 3, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #122,949 of 150,535
Aug 3, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #122,951 of 150,535
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back